Competition Merger Of The Week 2: West Coast and Richmond

Remove this Banner Ad

Agree with Liam Boy, it's a nice design but if I didn't already know it was Richmond/WCE merger I wouldn't have been able to guess.

fixed up my design

The Far West Richmond Eagles

based in Perth, and using Richmond, and Western Australia's black and gold colours and West Coast's eagle from the 2000-2006 home jumper, and everyones favourite ochre away jumper

20ifn.png

Entry 1
wcerichentry1.png

Ive created a brand new identity for the merged clubs. I used Perth because Ive always thought there should be a team in the AFL named Perth. Although not a new nickname, Ive called them the Wasps because of the Richmond connection. The gold comes from the WCE 2004 Heritage Round jumper.

So after all it is not a brand new identity but I doubt there would be many people that could relate the nickname Wasps to Richmond.

Just an idea for a clash guernsey for the theme based on the much maligned Hawks/Eagles/Crows style clash guernseys.

This will be the clash guernsey in my second entry, which i'll post up once I get a home guernsey done.

wctigersclash2.png

Feedback would be appreciated.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My 'West Coast Tigers' jumpers are a bit similar to other ones people have posted, but it was bound to happen.

The home jumper maintains the yellow sash of Richmond, and uses the navy and yellow from West Coast's home jumper, creating a navy jumper with a yellow sash. The away jumper is based on West Coast's current away jumper in grey (similar to Richmond's Silver Top Taxis pre-season jumpers in 2005 and 2006). The logo is borrowed from WAFL team, the Claremont Tigers.

Holy crap! After viewing all the designs, including onyacoxy, LeeARM, shanenine, cory, Gibbyspin, Pie Machine, Willo, etc, me thinks my chances of back-to-back wins are hugely reduced. Some really great designs in this comp.

Anyway, here are my two entries. The first is a modification of the Richmond sash and the second is a simple vertical stripe. I have added the (Claremont) Tiger logo in the middle of the chest as a sublimated watermark, rather than a standout logo.

Entry 1:
10ygg0m.png

Entry 2:
2dspdtu.png

Second Entry:

Using Richmond's Black and West Coast's Ochre.
The home jumper uses Richmond's sash (now ochre) and tiger stripes are placed on the sash

WESTCOATTIGERSLOGO.jpg

HOME:
westcoasttigershome.png

AWAY:
wcetigersaway.png

Remove this Banner Ad

Competition Merger Of The Week 2: West Coast and Richmond

Remove this Banner Ad

Back