Seek and Destroy
Die Die My Darling
Wolf and Man
Sad But True
Call of Ctulu
Unforgiven III
One
The Thing That Should Not Be

Very good setlist. I'd have traded out The Thing That Should Not Be and Wolf and Man for some tracks off Kill em All but you can't have them all.

I heard that one night had No Leaf Clover? VERY LUCKY!

They got Fuel? Nice. I went on Thursday night and it was amazing. A fantastic mix of hit singles and more obscure tracks for the die-hards. Was hoping to hear one of the Unforgivens but I can't complain.

We got Unforgiven III tonight. It's my favourite track off the new album but most people around me didn't seem to know the lyrics (they were singing to other songs). My favourite of the Unforgivens as well (I can do without II)

No Creeping Death, Bells or Whiplash at any of the three Melbourne shows?

Also in that Shortest Straw vid, I was right in front of James when he started singing :D

Tried to upload my video of Orion but it's 420MB (lol) and facebook shat itself.

Also in that Shortest Straw vid, I was right in front of James when he started singing :D

None of them were on tonight but the LoG guitarist played a couple of chords of Creeping Death haha.

Tried to upload my video of Orion but it's 420MB (lol) and facebook shat itself.

Pretty sure Whiplash and Bellz were played at the first Melbourne show and 100% certain Creep was played at the second as I was there! :p

Tonights crowd was awesome, really high energy and just great to be in! :thumbsu:

Last nights show was even better than Thursdays show.

Also, I got a guitar pick from James Hetfield while they were playing Sad But True and I got to shake James Hetfield's hand after the show.

To say I am over the moon is an understand, right now. :D

Awesome show. Great set. They seemed to be enjoying playing a lot. Played the last song with the lights on and stayed out on stage for about 20 mins after just lapping it up and telling us how much they love Melbourne. They were even waving Aussie flags around.

Fade, Puppets, Wolf, One and Disposible Heroes were the highlights. Those big metallica balloons were pretty cool.

You Want Stats?
Posted: 11/22/2010 1:54:00 PM- Posted by : MetOnTour
Here are some stats.... these 5 shows in Melbourne had over 75,000 fans in attendance. For all the shows in Australia and New Zealand, over 300,000 fans saw their favorite band play. Depending on who you ask, the stats may difffer, but this is what I have: The World Magnetic tour crossed 45 countries, 143 arena shows, 34 festival shows, 29 stadium shows, 4 club/theater shows, 3 tv/radio shows, 2 hall of fame shows, 3790 songs, and not a single setlist was the same.

http://www.metontour.com/portal/journal/journal.asp?

Just read this on MetOnTour, and while an impressive figure, the true perspective is that it was 75,000 across 5 'sold-out' shows. I reckon Melbourne would have pushed the barrier to 100k if Rod-Laver wasn't restricted to 15,000 people, the GA standing areas could have probably held an extra 1,000 people as well.

Great show. Some bogan guy gave my mate a J in the row in front. Admittedly he was also pissed.

There was a guy in the next aisle at Thursdays show who must have smoked 4 or 5 joints during the show. :p You would have thought the security would have been on to him, being a smoke free venue and all. :p The poor kid standing behind him probably can't remember much of the show. :D

[YOUTUBE]sCC0CSY3-2w[/YOUTUBE]

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We got Unforgiven III tonight. It's my favourite track off the new album but most people around me didn't seem to know the lyrics (they were singing to other songs). My favourite of the Unforgivens as well (I can do without II)

Unforgiven 3? Lucky prick! I love that song and I love all The Unforgivens ... even 2! :p Let's see if Muse can compare in a couple of weeks.

I went to the Thursday and Sunday shows in Melbourne on the back of a 24 hour flight from London to boot, both fantastic though and well worth it. Glad I got to go to both of them.

Ktulu into One into Puppets was awesome on Sunday!

Awesome show. Great set. They seemed to be enjoying playing a lot. Played the last song with the lights on and stayed out on stage for about 20 mins after just lapping it up and telling us how much they love Melbourne. They were even waving Aussie flags around.

Fade, Puppets, Wolf, One and Disposible Heroes were the highlights. Those big metallica balloons were pretty cool.

As I was leaving some bloke gave a guy $100 for his balloon. At the time I thought it was an awesome deal but looking back he prob wished he kept it.

Awesome concert. Kirk was on fire and the 360 stage was great. Fuel, FTB, Master, One and Sad But True were my hightlights.

What I loved was the stage set up. It seemed that they really wanted to have the fans be apart of the show.

Lars's drum kit that rotated around so everyone could see him work his absolute butt off....Bet he was glad when a slow song or 2 came on just to get a breather.

The way they had microphones set up at each side of the stage so we could all get a glimpse of them in action as they moved around all parts of the stage.....gotta love cordless guitars!

One thing that also sticks out was how much heat came off those flames when they went off. I was in Melbourne sitting in the 2nd tier of seats and I could feel the heat from where I was. Must have been scorching on stage!

Thanks for a cracking show guys.

18 songs...absolutely EPIC!

nananana....nanana....nananaana....
nananana.....nanana.....nanananananana

I saw 6 shows on this tour, 2 in Perth, 2 in Adelaide and 2 in Melbourne (Missed the last show of the tour as I had to fly home on the Sunday) flipping sensational tour enjoyed all 6 shows!!

Probably a long shot, did anyone here tape any of the Australian shows (video camera)? Even longer shot, I'm looking for any bootleg (video or audio) of the 2 shows in Perth in 1998, or the Perth Big Day Out show in 2004.
I have an extensive metallica bootleg collection for trade. Send me a pm if interested

cheers

I hope they release a live dvd of one of the Australian shows. The Live in Mexico and live in France dvd's/blu rays they have recently relased are both very good live music dvds. Would love one of the Australian shows on there too. :)

I hope they release a live dvd of one of the Australian shows. The Live in Mexico and live in France dvd's/blu rays they have recently relased are both very good live music dvds. Would love one of the Australian shows on there too. :)

That would be incredible. Did anyone go to a show with cameras and production staff?

BTW Chris, how is The mexican concert? Worth the hard earned?

What I loved was the stage set up. It seemed that they really wanted to have the fans be apart of the show.

Lars's drum kit that rotated around so everyone could see him work his absolute butt off....Bet he was glad when a slow song or 2 came on just to get a breather.

The way they had microphones set up at each side of the stage so we could all get a glimpse of them in action as they moved around all parts of the stage.....gotta love cordless guitars!

One thing that also sticks out was how much heat came off those flames when they went off. I was in Melbourne sitting in the 2nd tier of seats and I could feel the heat from where I was. Must have been scorching on stage!

Thanks for a cracking show guys.

18 songs...absolutely EPIC!

nananana....nanana....nananaana....
nananana.....nanana.....nanananananana
Good stuff.

Must admit listening to Stew on RRR describing it today it would've pretty sweet. It sucks having to see them in a big venue but nevertheless it's a lot better than not seeing them at all.

Unfortunately, generally speaking, 80s and 90s music is still owning most of the new stuff.

Remove this Banner Ad

Metallica Nov 2010 tour

Remove this Banner Ad

Back