Miami Heat Fan Thread :: 2009-10

Remove this Banner Ad

Boozer for Tayshaun Prince was apparently discussed between Pistons and Jazz, but Pistons pulled out in the end.

BTW, Joel Anthony is doing very well this offseason.. I saw a few videos of him at training and he's got an aggressive offensive game going, Beasley is working on slick/agile offense stuff, Daquan is doing transition kinda stuff & Jones is just shooting A LOT!!

Hey Guys,

News has spread that the Heat have offered the full MLE to Lamar Odom after the Lakers pulled there offer... 5 years 37mil something to that affect... Also the rumor of a Carlos Boozer trade is gathering momentum... Carlos Boozer and CJ Miles for Udonis Haslem, James Jones and our Trade Exception of 4.3mil to help the Jazz get under the luxury tax threshold... Now the Carlos Boozer trade is more likely than the Lamar Odom offer being accepted but still if both do happen to come through... they think we could field a starting five of:
PG: Odom .... :eek:
SG: Wade
SF: Beasley
PF: Boozer
C: O'Neal

That would be a matchup nightmare for most teams.. and be hard for us to defend but wade can take the pg, odom can defend the sg, beas sf, boozer pf and o'neal c... With all of odom, wade and Beas being able to shoot the outside ball and all 5 players being able to post up it makes this situation all the more intreguing...

The only way the Heat get Boozer is if the Jazz match the offer for Millsap (which they have to do by friday) and therefore have to trade Boozer...

Anyway this should all become clearer in the coming days... Hopefully have something more solid by Friday or over the weekend...

Cheers
Jacky

I thought it was:

The essentials of a possible deal would include Miami sending forward Udonis Haslem and Dorell Wright to Utah. Because Memphis is under the cap, Utah could move Wright’s $2.8 million salary to the Grizzlies and save itself approximately $5.6 million with salary and luxury-tax payments. Memphis would probably get cash and picks for its trouble. The Heat would have to send one more small contract to make the math on the salary exchange work.

http://us.rd.yahoo.com/sports/rss/n...?slug=aw-odomboozer071509&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

The Cleveland Cavaliers have signed restricted free agent Jamario Moon to an offer sheet.

Moon spent last season with the Heat, who on Sunday confirmed the offer first reported by ESPN.com. Terms were not disclosed.

Calls to Joel Bell, Moon’s agent, were not returned.

Miami has seven days to match the offer. Moon averaged 7.1 points and 4.5 rebounds in 26.5 minutes per game last year.

The Heat already have a glut of wing players and team president Pat Riley has often said often over the past few weeks that salary cap and luxury tax restrictions could force Miami to keep as few as 13 players on the roster as opposed to the maximum 15.

Moon has spent four seasons in the NBA, the first three with Toronto, averaging 7.8 points and 5.4 rebounds.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=ap-cavaliers-moon&prov=ap&type=lgns

I'd obviously prefer Moon over Diawara, but unfortunately it looks like we wont be bringing back Moon for next season.

The Miami Heat announced Monday that they have re-signed center Joel Anthony.

During the 2008-09 season, Anthony appeared in 65 games (28 starts) and averaged 2.2 points, 3.0 rebounds, 1.43 blocks and 16.1 minutes while shooting 48.3 percent from the field and 65.2 percent from the foul line.

http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/60695/20090720/miami_re_signs_joel_anthony/

Also doesn't look like we'll be matching the Cavs offer to Moon. Good news on Anthony, although this means there was no interest from any other team and I'd think that Anthony would need to show something this season to be any chance of sticking around.

So as it stands, we have 12 contracted players for the 09/10 season.

PG: Chalmers/Quinn
SG: Wade/Cook
SF: Beasley/Wright/Diawara
PF: Haslem/Jones
C: O'Neal/Anthony/Blount

I expect we'd sign Beverley, hopefully Big Cat Magloire aswell, then I think we're done, apart from trades of course.

http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/60695/20090720/miami_re_signs_joel_anthony/

Also doesn't look like we'll be matching the Cavs offer to Moon. Good news on Anthony, although this means there was no interest from any other team and I'd think that Anthony would need to show something this season to be any chance of sticking around.

So as it stands, we have 12 contracted players for the 09/10 season.

PG: Chalmers/Quinn
SG: Wade/Cook
SF: Beasley/Wright/Diawara
PF: Haslem/Jones
C: O'Neal/Anthony/Blount

I expect we'd sign Beverley, hopefully Big Cat Magloire aswell, then I think we're done, apart from trades of course.

ahhh the trades.. how we all can't wait for something to happen... Riley and co have said they would like to go into this season with the min 13 players contracted.... Some really encouraging news coming from the miami herald about Carlos Boozer... and the Odom situation is stalled really.. no new developments as such... Hurry up and do something this waiting is killing me...

Cheers
Jacky

Heat have expressed their interest in Jamaal Tinsley, and former team-mate Jason Williams...

Realgm say both Tinsley and Williams don't care what role they'll be taking if heat were to sign them, they also won't be leaching for too much money either.

ohhh dear... i f#*king hate mondays... now to delete the evidence of my stupidity...

Sorry all

Cheers
Jacky

What I know is this; Wade and Riley are in LA now talking to Odom.

Odom is being offered something like $27M over 3 years by the Lakers vs something like $34M for 5 years by the Heat. Odom has told Riley that if the Lakers don't increase their offer to $30M then he'll go to the Heat. The Lakers at the moment are not budging while Odom is pratically begging them. The longer it drags out the closer the Heat are at signing Odom. Odom also doesn't mind playing in Miami because he owns a house there and is still friends with Wade.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yep apparently in LA now...

Also of note is the 5 year deal the heat are offering... He can opt out after 3 years and renegotiate... also the tax in miami is alot better apparently and will save him another 1mil or so a year... So the contracts aren't too different...

Cheers
Jacky

Odom would complete Heat IMO..

C: O'Neal
PF: Odom
SF: Beasley
SG: Wade
PG: Chalmers

With Haslem coming off the bench, that'll bring some hard defence to our 2nd stream lineup.. It also makes Diawara a bit more flexible to play both SG and SF..

I wonder though if we do sign Odom whether we'd have enough cap to sign a veteran PG too??

Well looks like Odom is staying with LA... Now i've heard we were very interested in signing Jamal Tinsley to the veteran minimum but have pulled the meeting... Not sure what's going to happen now...

What a joke!

Well done heat.. We've let over a dozen decent Free Agent's through our fingers this preseason... If I was Dwyane Wade, I'd be pissed off too!

I can understand the need not to go and get an Earl Watson or any other free-agent. Sure he would've been great for us, but it would've been the same money needed for Odom. OK we didn't get LO, but at least we tried.

I wouldn't mind giving Big Baby an offer. I'd be all for signing Powe too.

On the Boozer front, it now doesn't seem likely. I've said before that the trade was imminent, but boy was I wrong.

I couldn't see anything in that article about Carlos Boozer. The article is about Drew Gooden.

They are two players you can get mixed up!

**** we need to do something, can't go in with the same group this year - Beasley improving to All Star class would be our only chance, and I think he's still a fair while off

Forget any hope of contending this season, Boozer or no Boozer. No matter what happens we can't contend with Boston, the Cavs, Orlando or Atlanta. For me, this season is about getting Chalmers, Cook and Beasley as many minutes as possible, and hopefully keeping Wade happy in the mean time.

If its not Jamaal Tinsley, its Jason Williams going to the heat..

I've noticed that White Chocolate would be more handy for the heat than Tinsley. Moving back wouldn't be hard for Williams and he's just got a game that suites Dwyane Wade so well. And broadens the heats game plan even more.

Rumor now is that Tinsleys manager pulled the meeting between them and the Heat... and now the Knicks have a sign first offer for Jason Williams meaning they have 5 days to talk to him without any inteference from other clubs... I would love Raymond Felton, Big Davis, and the boozer trade to go through... vet pg, really good pf and some backup help at the pf c position with Haslem obviously moving on with the boozer trade...

Felton / Chalmers
Wade / Cook
Beasley / Jones
Boozer / Davis
O'neal / Magloir

Nice... i think anyway..

jeez i hope something happens...

Cheers
Jacky

Nothings going for the heat..

Boozer trade talks have stalled and gone quiet.
Tinsley and Williams are both more interested in the Knicks than the Heat.
Wade is pissed off because Heat won't sign any FA.
And we've let Jamario Moon casualy get taken from us.

The only possitives I see so far are:

Bealsey, Cook and Chalmers all developing well and working on different aspects of their game.
O'Neal hiring the same guy that got Wade over his knee strength problems.
And Re-signing Joel Anthony... People must remember he was a starter for us. And from when he started at the Heat he's improved enormously!

Wade will leave in my opinion. Heat haven't really made any decent trades since winning the finals.

Remove this Banner Ad

Miami Heat Fan Thread :: 2009-10

Remove this Banner Ad

Back