Miami Heat Fan Thread :: 2009-10

Remove this Banner Ad

Looks like not much will happen this offseason. Riley isn't going to trade for Boozer unless Boozer is given away for cheap. It doesn't seem like Riley wants to give up Haslem, Wright and Cook for him. However at the same time Utah doesn't want Boozer anymore but wants good value...so we shall see.

Wade hopefully isn't going anywhere next season. He has a massive law suit coming up against him from his former business partner, he has family and charities in Miami while the Heat have a $30M advantage over other teams bidding.

There is absolutely no doubt Riley is gearing up for next year to make a huge splash in free agency. He's going in with what he has for this year which isn't all bad either. A healthy J. O'neil, and an improved Chalmers at the 1 and Beasley at the 3 they can still contend.

It's beginning to look more and more likely Luda....
Still a big tilt next year could be good...

This years lineup still is good.. not great.. good.. on the edge of playoffs
Chalmers / Beverley
Wade / Cook
Beasley / Jones / Wright
Haslem / Anthony
J O'neal / Magloir

geez we need depth... god

Then go for a big fish in the FA 2010.. with Chalmers still earning small dollars aswell as Beasley.. Put say an Amare or a Bosh in with them... (perhaps a guy called LeBron... ;)..) Chalmers, Wade, Beasley, Bosh, ??? Looks very very impressive..

Cheers
Jacky

Hopefully Dorell Wright can make a splash this year.. I've certainly been waiting a long time for him to make an impact in this team. He definitely has the potential with his hard rebounding, decent mid-range, big leap and shot blocking abilty.

No excuse for him this year, he can play either of the 2, 3 or 4 positions.

What is everybody worried about? Riley said that this season not many, if any moves will be made. Furthermore, Wade has repeatedly stated that the Heat is where he wants to stay, and seeing as we can offer $30 million more than any other team, he's not leaving. Wade knows the type of legacy he will have if he stays at one team his whole career.

Furthermore, it seems that all Heat fans have gone in panic mode and forgotten the fact we have no guaranteed contracts next season. That's right, none. We have all the capspace to work with. We're the only team that will be able to sign two maximum free agents! So Wade and Dirk, or Wade and Amare, or Wade and Bosh, or even Wade and Lebron. Hell if those don't work out, there is Joe Johnson, or Boozer, and a ridiculous other number of bonafide stars to choose from.

Calm down. This may not be our year in terms of trades, though it will be a good year for team chemistry and getting Wade and Beasley used to one anothers games. That way when 2010 comes around, the big three, who ever that third member be, will be able to play well with each other.

Riley has worked things out perfectly. This way Beasley gets another year to grow, while playing SF, as Riley said, and getting starting minutes. I'd much rather Beasley getting time to develop rather than bringing in a star and limiting him. One more year and we're set.

A potential team could be:

Hinrich/Chalmers/Beverley
Wade/Cook
Beasley/Jones/Wright
Bosh/Haslem
Kaman/Jermaine or Camby

That's a championship or top 4 team in the league in my opinion.

Unless Wade just brought a 1.3mil dollar townhouse in Chicargo...
http://blogs.bulls.com/chicago_bulls_blog/2009/08/dwyane-wade-buys-14-million-chicago-townhouse.html

On the positive though take a look at this article with a chat to Erik Spoelstra about a number of things including Wade, Beasley, Iverson and Wright... http://blogs.herald.com/miami_heat/2009/08/hot-button-topics.html

We are in a great position next year but i hope we give Chalmers, Beasley, Cook, and Wright time to develop this year into key players so when we get the next max contract.. say Amare then we have smaller peices we can add.. Also the rookies Beverly is listed as backup and Dozier has been sent to europe to play this year and develop...

Anyway after reading that article im excited by what Beas can bring this year and hopefully the healthy O'neal and Wright can add more support for Wade. Chalmers can keep developing and have more of an impact in setting up the floor and cook and jones can become more consistant... Also we need Haslem to fight.. Fight for everything.. Boards, Blocks a Def Beast... i'm afraid he won't though..

Anyway only time will tell...

Peace
Jacky

I wouldn't exactly say I'm worried about this season at all. There's just a few things that don't work out in our favour. The thing I dislike the most is putting all of our eggs in the FA basket. This means our 'grand plan' is based on nothing concrete and somewhat relies on other ball clubs moves and decisions. I wouldn't be surprised if Bosh, Amare, Dirk and Bron all re-signed with their current clubs (spelling disaster for us). Not only are we competing with those players current teams but every other team who may fancy their chances (Knicks etc).

All of the max contract guys will be offered the same amount of money (hence the max title) so why would they chose Miami? Sure we have Wade, but is he even guaranteed to stick around, especially if he drops 30 points a night in a team that will almost definitely not make it out of the first round?

FWIW I'm growing more and more confident with our team this year. I'm still 100% sure we're not better than Orlando, Boston, Cavs & Atlanta but I think we can play a good brand with some talented and exciting youngsters. I really think Beasley will explode this year. However much of our success will rely on O'Neal.

Funny that Amare should buy a pad in South Beach, since there was a supposed leak linking Amare to a trade in Miami soon.

Just something to keep your ears open about Heat fans, though not promising anything.

Miami Heat have traded Marc Blount to Minessota Timberwolves for Quentin Richardson.... http://msn.foxsports.com/nba/story/9934802/Heat-acquire-Richardson-from-T-Wolves-for-Blount

Marc Blount: 7ft Center 7.5mil 1 year left remaining
Quentin Richardson: 6ft 6inch SG/SF 8.3mil 1 year left remaining

Good trade for the heat i think.. Good friends with Wade and is his workout partner... Averaged 10.2pts 4.4reb 1.6assists per game last year with the knicks... Blount was giving us nothing last year and has slipped down the depth chart behind O'neal, Maglore, and Anthony... Q will come off the bench and give us a little punch... I also think it clears the way for us to play Beasley at PF more... also if we want to go big we can play O'Neal at PF for a few minutes a game with Maglore or Anthony coming in at C...

Chalmers/Beverley/Quinn
Wade/Richardson/Cook
Beasley/Jones/Wright/Diawara
Haslem
O'Neal/Maglore/Anthony

Beverley can spend time at SG
Richardson can spend time at SF
Cook can spend time at SF
Beasley to spend time at PF
O'Neal to spend time at PF

Cheers
Jacky

Richardson for Blount...

OMFG!!! I am so Happy!!!!

I've had a man crush on Q-stick for years and Blount is just terrible.. Absolute steal.. Richardson also is apparently great mates with Wade..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Blount will be bought out.

QRich makes 9.35mil this year and Blount 7.9 so Minny buy out the Cancer and save 1.4m

Oh, and you'll pay lux tax on tat 1.4m also.

Not sure QRich is the answer for the Heat. If he is ahead of Cook in the depth chart I would be staggered.

There's no way he'd be ahead of Cook. To be honest I think as much as anything Wade has basically made the move. Unless he really performs above expectations will more than likely be a 1 year rental or at least wont be paid much at all next season. We've got a bloke who can at least contribute for us, plus more salary to come off the books in a years time. Very good outcome.

If anything though, we've added to our surplus of streaky 2/3 positioned players (Diawara, JJ, Wright, Cook) so perhaps one of them will be moved for Boozer???

There's no way he'd be ahead of Cook. To be honest I think as much as anything Wade has basically made the move. Unless he really performs above expectations will more than likely be a 1 year rental or at least wont be paid much at all next season. We've got a bloke who can at least contribute for us, plus more salary to come off the books in a years time. Very good outcome.

If anything though, we've added to our surplus of streaky 2/3 positioned players (Diawara, JJ, Wright, Cook) so perhaps one of them will be moved for Boozer???

I believe QRich needs to lose some weight also. Wolves fans had already dubbed him "Antoine II".

Good trade for us. Q Rich is a strong guy and a decent defender. Plus another shooter to surround Wade is always a good thing.

Furthermore, this could be a move to look to land us Boozer. Now that Riley has someone that can take the role of James Jones and Cook, he might include them in the trade for Boozer. I believe the Jazz wanted Haslem, Cook and a pick. So Riley will probably be more reluctant to give up Cook now.

Do you mean less reluctant? I'd be against trading Cook. I think it's clear that unless he takes a big pay cut next season, he'd be a one year Heat player. To give up Cook, a young and improving talent with a proven and needed talent (although he sometimes can be one-dimensional) would be silly.

I'd welcome a trade involving Quinn in a NO salary dump type deal. It'd mean we'd sign Beverly and one of Iverson/Tinsley.

Yeah, my bad.

Although Cook has improved and happens to be one of my favorite players, I think he is replacable. I say that because prior to being in the NBA, he was praised for his driving ability. Where is it now? He's become far too one dimensional as you said. He really needs to look to create for himself, or be that Rip Hamilton type player who can use screens a little better than what he's doing now. Wade needs that 2nd or 3rd scorer. Beasley is probably set on becoming the number two guy, so for the coming season it would be good to see Cook step up.

Pat Riley and Spoelstra wanted Cook to be more of a trainwreck defender than a attacking scorer when he came to the heat.. Instead of him driving inside and going to the hoop, they wanted him to stay close to the backcoart, shoot, and be ready to stop the oppositions fast break..

I've seen a clip of the heat training and it showed cook doing inside offence, going hard to the ring.. He looks very silky smooth still going to the hoop.

I'd be devastated if we lost cook. He has a resemblance of Eddie Jones.

The more I think about it, the more I think Riley wants Iverson. But the problem is, he also paid a lot of money for Beverly and wants him on the opening night roster too. If we can somehow move Quinn, we'd be free to sign both. No idea what's happening with Boozer. But hypothetically, an off-season where we bring in Q-Rich, Iverson & Boozer would be amazing for us. I'd be fairly confident we'd jump over Atlanta too.

Sh!t yeah... but i don't know how we can move quinn... no one would want him.. sign AI or Tinsley (talks have re-opened with him) then the boozer trade (gone really cold.. haven't heard anything in ages. I think this may be kept on ice to see if UD stands up and Beas at SF proj works)...

Cheers
Jacky

Rumors running AI is close to a deal with Miami, Charlotte, or NY..... but then there is also a strong link with him going to Houston... don't know what to believe yet...

Cheers
Jacky

Remove this Banner Ad

Miami Heat Fan Thread :: 2009-10

Remove this Banner Ad

Back