Miami Heat Fan Thread :: 2009-10

Remove this Banner Ad

From what I've read so far, he's suffering from depression and is getting help.

Whatever he is in rehab for, I hope he pulls through ok.

that's what i have read aswell... some of the things posted on his twitter point to that aswell.. things like "Feelin like it's not worth livin!!!!!!! I'm done" and "I feel like the whole world is against me I can't win for losin"... pretty clear he's depressed... but i wouldn't be surprissed if there was some case of substance rehab involved aswell... although i don't wanna believe it...

Get better Beas...

Cheers
Jacky

$1.5 million gone to waste to at least get Beverly in miami to tryout..

I hope we get Tinsley, Iverson should retire cause frankly no one likes him anymore.

Not much happening at the heat... From what I've read this is all that has happened lately:

Heat are interested in signing Shavlik Randolph... Just a little insight, he's a PF, played for Blazers for a handful of years and doesn't really apeal anything good.

We're looking to trade for a PG instead of pickign one from FA, in which we'll probably do a 2 for 1 trade to save some cap space.. Which hopefully means we could use that cap space to sign a bigman of some sort.

Also AI seems to have made friends with Memphis and signed... and jee their gonna ripp it up next season.

Forwards Alade Aminu, Andre Brown, Shavlik Randolph, Anthony Tolliver and point guard John Lucas were all signed to contracts yesterday and are currently on the Heat's training camp schedule. To be honest, probably making up the numbers, I'm not expecting any of them to sign for guaranteed money, unless of course we trade 2 for 1 around the league. The training camp roster stands at 18.

Interestingly though, Jack McClinton (friends with Wade and Wright, played college ball for the Miami 'Caines and someone tipped to be hot on our radar coming into the draft) was waived at his own request by the Spurs last week is not on our roster.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hmm, another loss today.. Beasley did alright with 24 points and a good fg%.

I doubt Arroyo would be the one to put pressure on Chalmers spot... Chalmers has probably had the best preseason out of all heat players.

Its been annonced, Season Starting Lineup:

C: O'Neal
PF: Beasley
SF: Richardson
SG: Wade
PG: Chalmers

Haslem to start off the bench this season.. Especially since we're playing the Knicks at home, Im predicting an easy win.. Fingers Crossed!

115-93 win for the Heat v Knicks in the Heat's season opener...

Tim Hardaway's jumper put next to big Zo's on the roof at American Aurlines Arena before the game...

Good win by the heat... Great contributions from all really...
-Chalmers 11pts only 4ast though which i'd like him to improve on... 2stls
-Wade 26pts 5ast 5reb 2stls... ice cold early but played his way into the game
-Richardson 5pts.. Good defensive game from QRich.. Started but only got 17min... which i think will happen all year...
-Beasley 21pts 3reb 3ast 2stls... want him to get more boards but with o'neal, haslem, wade and Qrich bringing em down it's hard to share... Played a good game.. forced a couple of shots and was found out early on defense but improved as the game wore on... 36min which i liked
-O'Neal back to his old All Star self... (for now) 22pts (10-12shots) 12reb disrupted alot of shots in the paint all from 29min...

-Arroyo looked a bit rusty but will work into the system well.. bit of a picky defender and is a good passer though didn't show it tonight...
- Haslem.. Good leadership, experience and consistancy coming off the bench.. 8pts 9reb 30min playing time..,
- Anthony was a great defender of the paint tonight... blocking and adjusting people's shots with his shot blocking ability... 3reb 2blk 19min... stats dont show how good he was... really disrupted anyone driving the lane...
- Cook was really good off the bench.. provided a scoring punch we need from him all year... 15pts (4-10fg 2-5 3pts) 5reb...

So big news with Haslem coming off the bench but worked well and as i said i like the consistancy and effectiveness he brings to the second unit.. although he will get starters minutes... Anthony was another real improver in the off-season and got some good minutes this game... Wade was shaky early but we didn't struggle to score when he wasn't doing it which was good to see... O'Neal took the first 5 shots or so of the game for us.. prob knocked in 3or4 of them aswell.. a couple spin moves and a couple of fadeaways... O'Neal was a real highlight out of this game for the heat.. what a statement game from him to all his nay sayers.. big game both with offense and defense.. would like a couple of blks but did disrupt a fair few shots.. Rebounding was good in both first and second unit.. O'Neal was good, Beas was ok, and Q got a couple but when Anthony and Haslem were on they were after everything.. often fighting over the same ball.. about 4 off rebounds when they were on the court...

All in all a good game from the heat... It's only the Knicks who were in a really bad shotting rutt... Lee and Chandler were there only lights.. h and Galinelli who had 22pts 7-14fg's and 7-13 from behind the arc.. some amazing touch late when the game was over...

Encouraging signs by the heat early.. bring on the Pacers on Saturday our time

GO HEAT!!

Cheers
Jacky

Heat have expressed interest in AI.. :S

As bad as it sounds we could really use him.. ATM our bench is giving us nothing, Haslem leads for most points coming off the bench and that just says it all.. Very disappointed in Cook, Jones and Arroyo.. Hopefully Quinn's comeback will bring some quality point-age!

As bad as it sounds we could really use him.. ATM our bench is giving us nothing, Haslem leads for most points coming off the bench and that just says it all.. Very disappointed in Cook, Jones and Arroyo.. Hopefully Quinn's comeback will bring some quality point-age!

erm. iverson doesnt know what that means

erm. iverson doesnt know what that means

Remove this Banner Ad

Miami Heat Fan Thread :: 2009-10

Remove this Banner Ad

Back