Miami Heat Thread :: 2010-2011

Remove this Banner Ad

S.O.B = Rudy Gay Buzzer beater!!! :p

That was very hard to watch in the very dieing seconds.

Wade was out with a wrist injury .. Apart from that I think it was Memphis with an estimate of about 12 seconds chance points in the last quarter that killed us! Offensive rebound after offensive rebound, not a single heat player could box out memphis players.

32 to 47 boards in favour of memphis in the end .. That's shocking!

Offensive rebound after offensive rebound, not a single heat player could box out memphis players.

32 to 47 boards in favour of memphis in the end .. That's shocking!
Did Chris Bosh forget how to box out?
Yes, Randolph is one of the best offensive rebounders in the league but to allow him to get 5 offensive boards in the last quarter is a pretty ordinary effort.

Also LeBron's rebounding numbers are down this year. What's up with that?

crap performance against the magic ..

Again much alike in the first game of the season (vs boston) we were somewhat always trying to chase and close the margin of the game.

Yet, middle in the last quarter we were up by 1, from a small run consisting of some dwyane wade brilliance, of which we didn't see enough of.. Then similar to the boston game, we dropped our intensity and the Magic simply ran all over us.. Not to mention again we saw another PG tear our team apart. Jameer had 13 assists by 3 quarter time and essentially took over with some decent shots and sealed the game for the magic in the dieing minutes.

Did Chris Bosh forget how to box out?

Forgot to rebound

16923891.jpg

I've gotta say, the Heat's last few minutes against the Magic were comical. That alley oop that got thrown up to Bosh and missed, I mean really? It's late in the 4th quarter and you're down by a couple of baskets guys...

I noticed when Lebron was off the floor, Wade absolutely lit it up creating shots for himself and other players ..

And when Lebron did come on, always having the ball in his hand, whenever he passed it to wade, wade would have a higher chance of shooting it than passing it. Wade took really bad shots where the defender was right in his face. It looked like really selfish bad flowing basketball.

My first argument is that wade and lebron have the tendency to individually try and score on every play, thus the lack of assists yesterday. Thats not me sayign I beleive they both are fighting each other for points, but just their natural hunger to try and score on every play like they've always been used to doing, so its not exactly their fault, but coach Spo and them 2 need to work something out to work for higher percentage shots.

My seconds argument is that the reason we are scoring so ineffectively in general is because we're so slow!
We've probably got the 2 quickest, most imposing players in the NBA who can run the floor, yet we resort to crashing the boards and wasting time finding lebron to walk it up the floor. All we have to do is get the boards and hit the ground running and pass it off to either lebron or wade.

Lebron to make a return to cleveland tomorrow ...

This may be Lebrons last day on earth for all we know.

If this guy in the heat guernsey ...

heat-jersey-kicked-out.jpg

... couldn't survive a game in cleveland, I don't know how Lebron will.

Ps. Cavs owner, Dan Gilbert, has filed a lawsuit against the miami heat for potential player tampering before Free Agency.. So much for his comment when he said [I'm over Lebron leaving cleveland]..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I noticed when Lebron was off the floor, Wade absolutely lit it up creating shots for himself and other players ..

And when Lebron did come on, always having the ball in his hand, whenever he passed it to wade, wade would have a higher chance of shooting it than passing it. Wade took really bad shots where the defender was right in his face. It looked like really selfish bad flowing basketball.

My first argument is that wade and lebron have the tendency to individually try and score on every play, thus the lack of assists yesterday. Thats not me sayign I beleive they both are fighting each other for points, but just their natural hunger to try and score on every play like they've always been used to doing, so its not exactly their fault, but coach Spo and them 2 need to work something out to work for higher percentage shots.

My seconds argument is that the reason we are scoring so ineffectively in general is because we're so slow!
We've probably got the 2 quickest, most imposing players in the NBA who can run the floor, yet we resort to crashing the boards and wasting time finding lebron to walk it up the floor. All we have to do is get the boards and hit the ground running and pass it off to either lebron or wade.

I think this is the problem, they seem to be having issue with who's "the man" on the team. As noted by the Espn commentary team their offence consists of either Lebron or Wade shooting, when neither is that great a shot this is always going to cause problems.
Come playoff time I can see them getting swept by one of Boston/Orlando/Chicago as their lack of a point guard and prescence inside can be exposed against these teams.
Imo their best chance of winning a title would be trading one of Lebron or Wade (which won't happen) and upgrading at point guard.

I think this is the problem, they seem to be having issue with who's "the man" on the team. As noted by the Espn commentary team their offence consists of either Lebron or Wade shooting, when neither is that great a shot this is always going to cause problems.
Come playoff time I can see them getting swept by one of Boston/Orlando/Chicago as their lack of a point guard and prescence inside can be exposed against these teams.
Imo their best chance of winning a title would be trading one of Lebron or Wade (which won't happen) and upgrading at point guard.

On that note. They have played exceptionally well lately, Lebron and Wade.

Although I've noticed that Lebron and Wade would spend little over 70% of their court time with each other. Sort of a tactic to free each other up a little for moderate portions of the game.. But it still can't be dismissed that during tight games and playoff time, Wade and Bron will one way or another HAVE to work out to play with each other effectively.

Bosh IMO has been great .. Could be a little better on defence and boards, but that aside, he's always a reliable option on offence and a great asset to the heat team.

On that note. They have played exceptionally well lately, Lebron and Wade.

Although I've noticed that Lebron and Wade would spend little over 70% of their court time with each other. Sort of a tactic to free each other up a little for moderate portions of the game.. But it still can't be dismissed that during tight games and playoff time, Wade and Bron will one way or another HAVE to work out to play with each other effectively.

Bosh IMO has been great .. Could be a little better on defence and boards, but that aside, he's always a reliable option on offence and a great asset to the heat team.

Yeah no worries mate, who have they beaten of note though? (not intending to be a smartass) Magic in Miami is the only one that comes to mind. They seem to be a team that'll run up a big win when everything is going well but it all comes to a halt in the tougher games, see Celtics x 2, Dallas, Orlando @ Orlando and New Orleans. Obviously it's pretty much an entirely new team so they won't have the heart of say, the Celtics as yet but it would be good to see a little more grit from such a talented team.
Bosh IMO has been the best of the three in that he has been reasonably consistent throughout. (obviously James' and Wades best games are daylight ahead). Not really sure why he seems to cop it so much from the American media.

Yeah no worries mate, who have they beaten of note though? (not intending to be a smartass) Magic in Miami is the only one that comes to mind. They seem to be a team that'll run up a big win when everything is going well but it all comes to a halt in the tougher games, see Celtics x 2, Dallas, Orlando @ Orlando and New Orleans. Obviously it's pretty much an entirely new team so they won't have the heart of say, the Celtics as yet but it would be good to see a little more grit from such a talented team.
Bosh IMO has been the best of the three in that he has been reasonably consistent throughout. (obviously James' and Wades best games are daylight ahead). Not really sure why he seems to cop it so much from the American media.

It's nothing new.. Americans tend to openly hate black people for some lame reason. When clearly they have nothing better to talk about (Like how there's still 40 Million americans in poverty :rolleyes: ).

As far as playing against teams like Celtics, Mavs and Magic. I clearly believe those kind of games afre where you need your star player to stand up and take control.. As you can see, the Lebron/Wade situation makes it difficult to chose who's gonna have the ball in their hands when it comes to the 2nd half of the game and taking that "last shot"..

Against teams like the wizards, there's no conflict between the big 3 as the heat is playing by their own rules predominantly throughout the whole game.. Though the problem is when we play teams that have a better record than us that we don't always play on our own terms, then compromising becomes a big issue as to whether which player will put their ego aside for the better of the team.. All wade and lebron wanna do, when under pressure, is win! So instinctively they want the ball in their hands, whether its in the best interests of the team or not.

Another monster win today albeit against Sac but we're certainly rolling.

The boxscore is quite flattering for LeBron with 25 & 10 boards but he was a little underwhelming. Wade was massive though, easily the best player on the court. I hope people ease of Bosh now, he monstered the boards with 17. He's been very good for a few weeks now, while the numbers aren't quite there yet, he makes big plays when we need, like his 4 steals in the 3rd yesterday, big rebounds today etc. From now expect a big increase in both scoring and boards.

I like Dampier in the middle. Gives us a tougher edge, and loved the 3 blocks today.

Back at home on Tuesday against the Hornets. Expect a better performance than the last time we played them, we're defending PG's much better now than we were in the first 15 games.

Granted it's a biased opinion, but imo we're currently a better team than Boston, and 3rd behind SAS and DAL.

I jumped on the Miami bandwagon as soon as Bron joined (I don't live in America so I don't really care about bandwagonning; though I've been to Florida). Thoroughly enjoying

Just wanna know who you guys thinks had a better year. D-Wade's put up impressive numbers last handful of games, but LeBron I reckon is still playing the best.
Also, nice shot from behind the backboard. LeBron has just more intimidating/aura (kind of like Freddie Flintoff in cricket). Gonna get a singlet for Christmas. I reckon the Heat are surging up the championship rankings as I thought they would, was always gonna take a bit to gel. Bosh is playing good too. I just fear Shaq/KG from the Celtics.

LeBron/Wade reminds me of Judd/Cousins of 05/06..with Bron as Judd. And the deficient forward line the Eagles had (comparable to the Heat's generally shite bench/PG/C) WAS compensated by the supertalented midfield in the end (bosh is kerr).

Remove this Banner Ad

Miami Heat Thread :: 2010-2011

Remove this Banner Ad

Back