Michael Clarke quits T20 Cricket

Remove this Banner Ad

does anyone think this decision was made just after the ashes loss? giving up the captaincy and spot in a team isnt something that's decided on a whim.

if hes been thinking about it for a while, wonder why it wasnt announced earlier. couldve been a weight lifted off his shoulders

Considering who is on the posters, how do you know this wasn't decided a while back and only announced now?

If that same person is named captain your comment will be 100 percent validated. Now to put the sarcasm button on.....

It is always sad to see someone especially a captain retire well before their time. Clarke will be sorely missed..

So funny the anti Clarke sentiment.

Fact- last season batting at 5, he was ranked number 1 in world batting rankings. Fast forward 10 months, Sack him, he is a dud….lol.

We have only two genuine guns in our pathetic team, Ponting and Pup.

Pontings class is undeniable, he has at least two years left (just like Lara, Tendulkar and AB way back when) Ponting at 4, Clarke at 5 will see us into the next re-build. All this Clarke bashing is just so pathetic.

He lost me when in Brisbane.

He was basically a cripple, incredibly selfish of him to play.

If that same person is named captain your comment will be 100 percent validated. Now to put the sarcasm button on.....

It is always sad to see someone especially a captain retire well before their time. Clarke will be sorely missed..

I know you really dislike him but this is a very good move, however it came about.

I'm glad he quit, especially if it makes him a better Test batsman. Right call for the good of the test side.

You are joking right, yes Nannes was unlucky, but in the One day comp this year. Nannes has taken 10 wickets at 30 with a strike rate of 35 where as Lee has taken 15 at 25 with a strike rate of 30. If anything Nannes should have been picked in front of Pattinson who has only taken 6 wickets. The selectors clearly considered lee and pattinson candidates for world cup and nannes not
I must be joking? Am I the one quoting one-day figures when talking about someone's suitability for the 20/20 matches, where Nannes specializes? Or talking about the world cup (a one day tournament) when discussing the 20/20 side?
I see you've conveniently overlooked the start of the T20 Big Bash season, where Lee got none-for (despite his team bowling out SA cheaply), while Nannes got 3 for 30. But lets not let the facts get in the way of your good story.
And do you honestly expect us to believe that, had Lee been the one in the national T20 side for the past 12 months (and done well, like Nannes did) and Nannes had those figures you quoted in the domestic one-dayers, that they'd just dump Lee with no explanation and bring in Nannes? There would be more chance of pigs flying. Which is my point. The selection process is a corrupt joke.

Fact: in his last 19 innings (10 Tests) he averages less that 25. Three 50's, all in the second innings, two in lost causes. When it really counts, the first innings, he has 145 runs @ 14.5. When you consider we were out of contention in at least two of the Tests by stumps on Day 2, you can see he is part of the problem.

Elite batsmen, sorry "guns", don't go to water because they have moved up one slot. And how this guy will get rubber stamped as captain in the next 12 months is frankly beyond me.
Maybe he won't be. There's every chance Hilditch will get the axe when his contract expires after the World Cup (fingers and toes crossed everyone!), so maybe with him will go this certainty that Clarke will be rubber-stamped. Maybe someone with some guts will replace Hilditch and Clarke will be sent back to domestic cricket 'till he warrants a place in the national team again. Along with anyone else who's that badly out of form (step forward Mr Hughes).
We might actually (gasp) put the team first for a change.

That's very harsh mate, very harsh indeed!

But very very fair! :D

I know. Harsh. But had to say what approximately 23,499,990* of us Australian's were thinking.

*Subtracted 10 from our approx population to take into account the selectors, Clarke himself, and 3 or 4 posters from here.**

**Are probably all secretly thinking it too :D

I must be joking? Am I the one quoting one-day figures when talking about someone's suitability for the 20/20 matches, where Nannes specializes? Or talking about the world cup (a one day tournament) when discussing the 20/20 side?
I see you've conveniently overlooked the start of the T20 Big Bash season, where Lee got none-for (despite his team bowling out SA cheaply), while Nannes got 3 for 30. But lets not let the facts get in the way of your good story.
And do you honestly expect us to believe that, had Lee been the one in the national T20 side for the past 12 months (and done well, like Nannes did) and Nannes had those figures you quoted in the domestic one-dayers, that they'd just dump Lee with no explanation and bring in Nannes? There would be more chance of pigs flying. Which is my point. The selection process is a corrupt joke.

What are you talking about? They are doing a fantastic job. They have told us so.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Michael Clarke quits T20 Cricket

Remove this Banner Ad

Back