Michael Hibberd

Remove this Banner Ad

1. Free Agency period starts before trade period
2. He's unrestricted.
Wrong. He's a restricted free agent.

Free agency starts the Friday before the trade period kicks off on the following Monday. There is an overlap of 10 days for free agency and the trade period so plenty of time to make a deal. This is how the Dangerfield deal went down last year.

Reckon he will stay at Richmond.

Yeah, I don't think we're going to pay relative to what we've paid before. Each deal on its individual merits. Goodwin obviously wanted Melksham enough, and knew that pick 43 (I think) was too little so decided to get it done quickly and slightly overpay. Assuming we have a pick in the region of 25 again, we wouldn't upgrade that to make it relative to what we paid for Melksham. 25 is around Hibberd's range.

Possibly but our first is gone and I couldn't see us going to two consecutive drafts with only picks above 50. I'd like him at Geelong but would be surprised to see us do that, I think we are more likely to trade into this draft than out of it.
Could throw in whatever we could get for Howlett (maybe pick 48) for your 3rd round pick?

We won't get anything for Howlett. Later picks have clear value now with the point systm
Why wouldn't we get something for Howlett when West Coast and Fremantle have no F/S prospects that will be bid on before their 3rd round picks? That system is only useful for that and academy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Would Essendon take our 2nd rounder for him? What would be seen as a fair deal?

Had this conversation. I probably would (which I suspect will be pick 24-30), however others disagree with me.

No will need to trade.

OK ...my error... as a probable FA..I could only really see you getting players just better than DFA's. GHS or Luxford for eg.

If geelong were to trade for him..they would have to balance his age V now need. Geelong rate Linc.. but Id say it would discuss a trade ... he would be our best FP option atm , and is only going to get better.

Remove this Banner Ad

Michael Hibberd

Remove this Banner Ad

Back