Michael Hibberd

Remove this Banner Ad

And that's my point
Smith, hill, breast, birchall, Duryea hartung puopolo ... none of those taken in the first round
We can pick up those players with later draft selections it hardly ever works out burning a high draft pick on an outside runner

Hawks outside players are guns, but their premiership success was built on Hodge, Lewis, Mitchell, Roughead, Gibson
Pretty sure Smith and Birchall were (picks 14 and 19 respectively)

And that's my point
Smith, hill, breast, birchall, Duryea hartung puopolo ... none of those taken in the first round
We can pick up those players with later draft selections it hardly ever works out burning a high draft pick on an outside runner

Hawks outside players are guns, but their premiership success was built on Hodge, Lewis, Mitchell, Roughead, Gibson

I think Hawthorn's success was built on a mix of inside and outside. And Smith, Hartung, Burgoyne (cost 2 picks) and Rioli were first rounders.

I think Hawthorn's success was built on a mix of inside and outside. And Smith, Hartung, Burgoyne (cost 2 picks) and Rioli were first rounders.
Hartung was second round but Birchall was first round

I like Hibbert, but you're kidding aren't you? The Hawks runners are the best in the AFL. Smith, Hill, Suckling, Rioli, Puopolo, Breust, Gunstan, Birchall, Duryea, Burgoyne and Hartung are lethal on the outside.

If he ends up going to Melbourne you might want to start getting his name right.

I must admit I'm not liking how another club is talking to one of our contracted players hope the club tells Melbourne to piss off.
Sounds like we're talking about him not to him. Sue us. Don't think there's anything wrong with talking to the player's manager anyway as long as nothing is signed.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Clubs do it all the time, we would be talking to contracted players from other clubs right now as every club would be, it's just the nature of the business.
That's right.

Hardwick complained about it early last year but it didn't stop Richmond openly talking to a contracted Chris Yarran.

Don't mind if clubs talk to contracted players want I don't like is Melbourne trying to lure Hibberd while under contract.

In this situation hes hardly 'under contract' If he wants out, uses the breach of contract clause and delists himself. Becomes a free agent.

But players are talked to under contract all the time! Hell geelong brought a few players and their coach along to talk to boak!!

In this situation hes hardly 'under contract' If he wants out, uses the breach of contract clause and delists himself. Becomes a free agent.

With Paul Connors as his manger this wouldn't surprise me did the same thing with Ryder also if Hibberd wants out he can't just delist him self and go to a club of his choice has to go through a tribunal process.

I agree with Hardwick about tampering laws. I don't usually like this kind of stuff.

But in this case Hibberd isn't playing and his contract probably isn't worth the paper it's written on.

Essendon are negotiating with their suspended players like they are out of contract players. Any other club should do that as well.

Remove this Banner Ad

Michael Hibberd

Remove this Banner Ad

Back