Michael Hibberd

Remove this Banner Ad

No not really
Little absolute elite talent and I think over pick 25 is more speculative than normal. Also no talls of note.
Completely agree on the talls, not a fan of them bar a couple this year. I do however think that there are some really good smalls available, not many with superstar potential but lots who could become solid B/B+ graders. I like this years drafts depth much more than 2015's and am surprised you don't rate it much over 25, I'm a big fan up until the mid 30's and think some real gems will be found later on (more than usual).

Re the Dees being keen, I wonder about our absolute need for his type. We've got Milkshakes coming back next year, plus Salem/Vince/Jetta/Hunt/Wagner/Garland/Lumumba and for depth, Grimes and Michie as that mid-type defender.

He's a damn decent player, but I'd say our no.1 priority would be line-breaking, class midfielders.

Re the Dees being keen, I wonder about our absolute need for his type. We've got Milkshakes coming back next year, plus Salem/Vince/Jetta/Hunt/Wagner/Garland/Lumumba and for depth, Grimes and Michie as that mid-type defender.

He's a damn decent player, but I'd say our no.1 priority would be line-breaking, class midfielders.
He's a much better rebounding defender than all of them bar Vince. Salem should transition onto a wing anyways.

Melksham is 100% a run-with midfielder than can also find his own ball.

Hogan ain't leaving. Dees wouldn't trade him for anything unless he wants out. Which I don't think will happen

If Hibberd decides that he wants to move then this will be a very easy deal for our 2nd rounder. Unless something else comes into play like our own players leaving/other trade targets

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Name one line breaking class midfielder we can get for a pick in the 20s :rolleyes:
Lewis Jetta was the only one who moved last year and look how that's going

Hibberd would be our best rebounding defender
Salem is overrated in the back 6 can't defend
Hunt won't stay in the back 6
Garland won't play for melbourne again
Vince is 30 and Wagner isn't a sure thing to Make it
It's our weakest area of the ground, imagine Jetta but Hibberd is better

I'd shake hands on a second round pick without any second thought

Name one line breaking class midfielder we can get for a pick in the 20s :rolleyes:
Lewis Jetta was the only one who moved last year and look how that's going

Hibberd would be our best rebounding defender
Salem is overrated in the back 6 can't defend
Hunt won't stay in the back 6
Garland won't play for melbourne again
Vince is 30 and Wagner isn't a sure thing to Make it
It's our weakest area of the ground, imagine Jetta but Hibberd is better

I'd shake hands on a second round pick without any second thought

We can always trade next year's first rounder, or trade a current player out.

I agree that he's very, very good. I just think the pressing need for pace and class through the midfield outweighs another defender of his ilk.

We can always trade next year's first rounder, or trade a current player out.

I agree that he's very, very good. I just think the pressing need for pace and class through the midfield outweighs another defender of his ilk.

Outside Class and pace is the most over used term in AFL venacular
Tell me about the superstar outside pace and class the Hawks 3 peat team had?

I hope Richmond look at hibberd although I would like to steer clear of nature players I think he would work well on a wing or half back swapping with Houli as he has the booming left foot

Maybe not a heap of pure speed but blokes like Isaac Smith are such weapons with their running and kicking.

Not getting in a tit-for-tat argument but I think it's a bigger area of weakness for us as opposed to half-back.

I like Hibbert, but you're kidding aren't you? The Hawks runners are the best in the AFL. Smith, Hill, Suckling, Rioli, Puopolo, Breust, Gunstan, Birchall, Duryea, Burgoyne and Hartung are lethal on the outside.

I like Hibbert, but you're kidding aren't you? The Hawks runners are the best in the AFL. Smith, Hill, Suckling, Rioli, Puopolo, Breust, Gunstan, Birchall, Duryea, Burgoyne and Hartung are lethal on the outside.

And that's my point
Smith, hill, breast, birchall, Duryea hartung puopolo ... none of those taken in the first round
We can pick up those players with later draft selections it hardly ever works out burning a high draft pick on an outside runner

Hawks outside players are guns, but their premiership success was built on Hodge, Lewis, Mitchell, Roughead, Gibson

Remove this Banner Ad

Michael Hibberd

Remove this Banner Ad

Back