Coach Michael Voss

Remove this Banner Ad

Cooky should be/would be persuading all staff to restrain their financial demands.
It's been made public that several key players have recently sacrificed money in exchange for long term team success.

Having said that, maybe Voss is currently underpaid and deserves an increase? Who Knows?

Cooky should be/would be persuading all staff to restrain their financial demands.
It's been made public that several key players have recently sacrificed money in exchange for long term team success.

Having said that, maybe Voss is currently underpaid and deserves an increase? Who Knows?
Yeah, who knows. Reckon it wouldn't be a straight forward negotiation. The soft cap restrictions would create some juggling. Pretty sure Voss would be aware of that.

Our soft cap probably has room. Think about it, who in our football department is an elite high profile person we have had to spend to get? Russell? Most assistants come from failing clubs. Can't think of huge names in recruiting and medical, probably all on average money. Assistants are probably on below average money. Voss wanted a senior job, we were the one he could get so money is probably not huge.

If his manager is aware (and they will be) and Voss' stocks are up (which they are) then now is the time to ask.

Voss has gotten us in to a position where we’re being touted as premiership favourites, let’s hope we can deliver and embrace the external expectations. I’ve got a close confidant who is an ex-Carlton player, I’ll be grabbing Grandfinal tickets early this year let me tell you.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Any reason why Cook only extended a year? Would love him around for another 5 to be honest.

Great news all the same.
Think it was in the media at the time we were chasing Cook, that he was considering retirement.
A great effort from the club to get him over & from Cook to commit to us until the end of 2025.
Agree, would love Cook for another 5 or more.

The positive about Voss extension is the club is not burdened by long term contracts. 3 years is fair to club and coach. I think Voss agreeing to just a 2 yr extension is a reflection of his confidence in delivering sustained success that will enable him to leverage a 4 or 5 yr deal at the end of 2026

Remove this Banner Ad

Coach Michael Voss

Remove this Banner Ad

Back