Coach Michael Voss

Remove this Banner Ad

Last thing I want to do is bag and sack yet another coach. We quite simply have to stick fat with Vossy, doesn't mean a complete revamp of every other item of the football department can't happen. Remember when Brian Cook was faced with something similar at the cattery, they didn't sack Bomber, they backed him in and the Premierships flowed, I would contend that we are only two players shy of a similar team. An actual in and under small forward, not Motlop, or Owies or even Fogarty; we may have one in Moir but need to find another one, I for one like Liam Ryan. And another Key Defender, bigger and stronger than McGoc and Kemp, assuming that Big D and Marchie are gone, with some experienced backup; like Battle and Haynes....probably the wrong thread but I still don't think Vossy is coaching his team......

Would be copping a lot more if not for us trying to change the narrative of us churning through coaches

I hope that doesn’t stop us making decisions we need to make. When you get it wrong you should admit it, not stubbornly double down because you’re trying to change a narrative. That’s worrying but you’re so right.

If i recall...

Voss said post game last week he was happy with the effort.

Mitchell filthy and looking forward to taking us on.

Mitchell was salivating. Said something like the game cant come quick enough

Thats your differentiator in culture and attitude

Sent from my SM-N981B using Tapatalk
So is the tail wagging the dog ?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not being a tactical sort of coach is just mind blowing.
Yep, it was worrying when he was appointed the club was saying privately that they would need to appoint good assistant coaches with tactical strengths because that wasn’t his strength.

When I heard this I thought OMG we are truly stupid.

And they won’t sack him because ‘we are not that club anymore’.

He failed at Brisbane. He played favourites. He had a mass exodus of players as a result. Why did we expect it would be any different a second time around? If your game is built around pressure and contest and it starts getting worked out .. where’s the plan B? It’s all good to be a ‘motivator’ but a coach needs to pull the levers. There’s a lifecycle or a window a team has to get the job done when the age demographic is as it is and if you don’t think the coach is the right fit you have to move on from them and not waste time.

Last thing I want to do is bag and sack yet another coach. We quite simply have to stick fat with Vossy, doesn't mean a complete revamp of every other item of the football department can't happen. Remember when Brian Cook was faced with something similar at the cattery, they didn't sack Bomber, they backed him in and the Premierships flowed, I would contend that we are only two players shy of a similar team. An actual in and under small forward, not Motlop, or Owies or even Fogarty; we may have one in Moir but need to find another one, I for one like Liam Ryan. And another Key Defender, bigger and stronger than McGoc and Kemp, assuming that Big D and Marchie are gone, with some experienced backup; like Battle and Haynes....probably the wrong thread but I still don't think Vossy is coaching his team......
How do u figure? He picks the same blokes every week (regardless of form or injury) & plays them in the same spots with no changes mid match (unless it’s to name & send someone to play half back who has no business being there)

Yep, it was worrying when he was appointed the club was saying privately that they would need to appoint good assistant coaches with tactical strengths because that wasn’t his strength.

When I heard this I thought OMG we are truly stupid.

And they won’t sack him because ‘we are not that club anymore’.
Sayers actively went after Clarkson and Lyon. Voss was the third and in reality the only choice after Judd publicly stated we must have experienced coach.
Voss has evolved as a coach and people leader but expecting him to be everything to everyone … you don’t get that with a flawed process.

Remove this Banner Ad

Coach Michael Voss

Remove this Banner Ad

Back