Opinion Mick Malthouse

What is the next move on Mick?

• Sack him immediately; replacement coach to see out the year.

Votes: 192 48.9%
  • Let him coach out the year then show him the door.

Votes: 70 17.8%
  • Sign him now to give coaches and players some direction.

Votes: 81 20.6%
  • Not sure yet... still too angry to think clearly.

Votes: 50 12.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Here's 40c, call someone who cares !!!

330px-Australian_1999_20_cent_piece.jpg

Effendi, even the Saharan camels know that's the same coin. You're short changing the poor bugga.

Look at the exciting brand of footy the Dogs are playing after only one pre-season, they will probably fall flat on their face soon but at least it is a glimpse of the future.

Compare that with Carlton's stone age 'boot it long' game plan!

Bye bye Mick!

Well whatever the truth, I hope that the media can take a moment to stop from the hustle and bustle of their own lunchboxes, and give some much deserved praise to an absolutely superb milestone, and to a first class gentleman who has given so much to the game.

I think my football experiences over so many years, have been greatly enriched by the contributions of Michael Malthouse and will there on Friday, to help celebrate a great milestone, as well as seeing my beloved blues.

I also hope that the rumours of him leaving are not true and that we get to enjoy his influence at the football club for a lot longer.

Look at the exciting brand of footy the Dogs are playing after only one pre-season, they will probably fall flat on their face soon but at least it is a glimpse of the future.

Compare that with Carlton's stone age 'boot it long' game plan!

Bye bye Mick!
And good on you Michael Francis Benedict Malthouse.

You've achieved more in your chosen field than most people could ever dream of.
One of these posts is not like the other one.

Gibbs said Malthouse's record-breaking game would be "a fantastic occasion", with Carlton expected to be bolstered by the return of Chris Judd (hamstring) and Troy Menzel (calf).

"I think that the most pleasing thing for the players and Mick will be if we can send him off with a win," Gibbs said.

:eek:
Footballers aren't exactly known for their Shakespearean grasp of the English language. Chris Judd the exception. Chris Judd for PM.

with all respect mate Eddie and Waite are entitled to seek a pay rise...the Club has created a culture of entitlement happy to trade players/pay massive overs/ reward 'favourites'...

I am not saying that Eddie and Waite did the right thing by supporters - but the Cubs own actions and treatment and payment of players defined the playing field...

Eddie had a bad start to Malthouse's first year - injured broken jaw/cheek ( which is rare ) and then suspended somewhat arshly for a very accidental bump, He was a 40-60 goal creator for Carlton and is stlll worth 550 to Thomas's 650-700 and Murphy and Gibbs and Judd..even Warnock and McLean were paid massive overs for contribution...

I blame the Club for Eddie /Jeff/ Robinson / and Waites departures 100%. The players made their decisions - based on what they thought the CLub should have been paying them - by reference to alternative offers - and their knowledge of other players deals.

Malthouse can only be blamed for Thomas on field and his hand picked assistants off field.
Eddie might be worth crumbing for a power forward like tex walker but he's not worth that standing next to waite, cas or even hendo (who's also still a WIP)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If our players had any amount of pride anf backbone, they will go out and win on Friday night for Michael Malthouse (or at least put in a committed 4 quarter effort against a Pies team that I consider still bog-ordinary from a talent point of view, they will drop off away soon and fail to make the eight)

#WithAllTheChampions

If our players had any amount of pride anf backbone, they will go out and win on Friday night for Michael Malthouse (or at least put in a committed 4 quarter effort against a Pies team that I consider still bog-ordinary from a talent point of view, they will drop off away soon and fail to make the eight)

#WithAllTheChampions
If they had pride and backbone they would do their best every week, doesn't necessarily translate to a win though.

Cripps now says about Mick, "He's been an awesome coach" ...........mmmmmmmmmmm :)

"I wish him all the best" also...........................................................drums are beating?

Harks... do you know something?

Definitely some weird quotes getting thrown around, along with the rumours circling here and Wayne Carey's mail. It's all beginning to be a bit suss for sure...

Wouldn't surprise me in the least to be honest. He seems concerned for his family, Carlton aren't giving him a clear answer regarding his contract, we've announced we are rebuilding which he probably isn't too keen on sticking around for.

In the words of God off the Simpsons: "I'm too old and too rich for this".

Wouldnt be surprised if he announced that he planned on stepping away from the head coach position, but may be kept on at the club in a more part time role if that works with his family commitments.

If that is the case, leave on the same number of games, way more memorable than coaching one more purely for the record.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back