Opinion Mick Malthouse

What is the next move on Mick?

• Sack him immediately; replacement coach to see out the year.

Votes: 192 48.9%
  • Let him coach out the year then show him the door.

Votes: 70 17.8%
  • Sign him now to give coaches and players some direction.

Votes: 81 20.6%
  • Not sure yet... still too angry to think clearly.

Votes: 50 12.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Definitely some weird quotes getting thrown around, along with the rumours circling here and Wayne Carey's mail. It's all beginning to be a bit suss for sure...

Wouldn't surprise me in the least to be honest. He seems concerned for his family, Carlton aren't giving him a clear answer regarding his contract, we've announced we are rebuilding which he probably isn't too keen on sticking around for.

In the words of God off the Simpsons: "I'm too old and too rich for this".

Was there some news on Bluey McKenna doing the rounds? Another piece of the puzzle perhaps.

Malthouse going nowhere after breaking record game

CARLTON coach Mick Malthouse has laughed off suggestions his record breaking 715th game on Friday night will be a send-off.
Speculation that the three time premiership coach might give the game away soon after passing the milestone was sparked after star midfielder Bryce Gibbs told reporters on Monday the team hoped to give their coach a "good send off" against Collingwood.

"I'll be coaching as long as I enjoy the game," Malthouse told AFL.com.au.

In Micks from the coach he finishes by saying "look forward to talking to you next week", could read into that as much as you could read into what Gibbs said. I guess though he still may do the report if he calls it quits after this match.

What decent potential coach would sign up with us on mad monday for a one year contract?
Do you know what a head coach earns compared with that of an assistant? I reckon a potential coach who has (a) the self-belief that if given the chance he/she will prove themselves; and (b) a person who wants to coach at Carlton. I would regard both criteria as essential.

We are a very ordinary side at present and could well be more ordinary at years end. You constantly bemoan the lack of a game plan but I think it's more about our lack of skills and composure that make it almost impossible to create a game plan that works for the 120 minutes it takes to win a game of football.

Riddle me this. We had a much better list than Melbourne at the start of 2013. Melbourne beat Richmond last week (who we lost to) with 11 players who had not been at the club before 2014 and beat us last year.

You have got it round the wrong way. You develop a game plan to suit the skills and composure etc of the players available. You do NOT develop a game plan and hope that somehow the players can play to it. Game plans are meant to enhance the players' skills, not detract from them.

I think we should commit to MM, even if it is only for one year periods, and ensure that he is permitted to build the list he believes we need. He has started this by turning over more players in two years than we probably turned over in the previous five. let him finish the job.

I would be grumpily accepting of MM being permitted to build the list he believes we need IF he were transparent enough to let us know what his plans are, what the game plan is, when he expects to finish the job and how along the way we can evaluate whether he is succeeding or not.

MM wanted Daisy. Presumably he thought Daisy would help bring us a Premiership, otherwise why was Daisy recruited? Do you think Daisy will help bring us a Premiership? I don't. That is just one way (among many) I judge MM.

If Carey is right I would not expect Mick to tell the players (at least until pre game) and if he did I'm sure the cat would well and truly be out of the bag

In any event remind me to not employ Bryce as a company spokesperson in the future

(Log in to remove this ad.)

5AA and 3AW, MM just confirms his intention to keep on coaching. I heard it from me car radio, right in front of me.

With condolences to Windy and his family at this difficult time.

What about the rumour Bigfooty doyen Tony Lynn might disappear off the face of the earth if Mick doesn't pull his finger out and win the next four games?

#doitfortonylynn15

Sadly Azul we all know that Mick is too ****ing selfish for that....it is all about Mick!! ;)

Here's 40c, call someone who cares !!!

330px-Australian_1999_20_cent_piece.jpg
"You have deposited insufficient money, please deposit the correct amount and try the number again."

I would be grumpily accepting of MM being permitted to build the list he believes we need IF he were transparent enough to let us know what his plans are, what the game plan is, when he expects to finish the job and how along the way we can evaluate whether he is succeeding or not...

A wind shift? :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back