Opinion Mick Malthouse

What is the next move on Mick?

• Sack him immediately; replacement coach to see out the year.

Votes: 192 48.9%
  • Let him coach out the year then show him the door.

Votes: 70 17.8%
  • Sign him now to give coaches and players some direction.

Votes: 81 20.6%
  • Not sure yet... still too angry to think clearly.

Votes: 50 12.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Couldn't disagree more with your defence of Leech. He is an idiotic, ignorant, biased and egotistical wasteland.

Wasteland?

FM...hate to think what your opinion is of the rest of the numpties masquerading as the football media...

I've backed MM to the hills ever since he arrives. But I'm losing faith. And the only thing that keeps me from completely losing the faith is the question of how much blame must lay with the coach and how much with the players. I just don't know what our bloody game plan is. I just don't see it. What are we trying to achieve out there? We don't zone. We don't apply pressure. We don't use the ball well. What the bloody hell is out game plan? Has MM lost touch with the modern game or are our players just really that inept?

Give him the green needle.
He's a $1.0m a year parasite topping up his and his mates super.

Face it boys, we've been had..

The club served up this shit sandwich and we have been gagging on it for three years.

Nothing will change while WE keep buying memberships and support.

Hold back all support from the club until the admin is completely turfed out.

I'm on a payment plan for my membership, it stops monday.

I've backed MM to the hills ever since he arrives. But I'm losing faith. And the only thing that keeps me from completely losing the faith is the question of how much blame must lay with the coach and how much with the players. I just don't know what our bloody game plan is. I just don't see it. What are we trying to achieve out there? We don't zone. We don't apply pressure. We don't use the ball well. What the bloody hell is out game plan? Has MM lost touch with the modern game or are our players just really that inept?

I dont reckon his game plan is grab the ******* ball at every congested situation a jam it forward with no thought or skill. I dont reckon he tells Simpson to kick the ball to teammates feet ( he stands out ENORMOUSLY becoause the commentators keep saying how reliable he is). The game plan isnt for Wood to fumble the ball 30 times in the game or for players to show a complete lack of heart.

Last edited by a moderator:
Give him the green needle.
He's a $1.0m a year parasite topping up his and his mates super.

Face it boys, we've been had..

The club served up this shit sandwich and we have been gagging on it for three years.

Nothing will change while WE keep buying memberships and support.

Hold back all support from the club until the admin is completely turfed out.

I'm on a payment plan for my membership, it stops monday.

Changes have been made. Turfing admin won't make the playing list better- that comes from years and years of smart recruiting, development and list management. We've woken up to that recently(well behind everyone else), so hopefully the term "archaic" isn't used in our systems in the future. Congrats to MM on the milestone, shame we couldn't bring it to the table for him.

I dont reckon his game plan is grab the f$&()ing ball at every congested situation a jam it forward with no thought or skill. I dont reckon he tells Simpson to kick the ball to teammates feet ( he stands out ENORMOUSLY becoause the commentators keep saying how reliable he is). The game plan isnt for Wood to fumble the ball 30 times in the game or for players to show a complete lack of heart.

Completely agree. But at every other team he's coached, that's never happened. He's always had the ability to get the best out of his players. It just doesn't happen anymore. In fact, I'm yet to see it once in the time he's been at the club. Has he lost that skill? Or are out players really just the bad? I honestly don't ****ing know.

Changes have been made. Turfing admin won't make the playing list better- that comes from years and years of smart recruiting, development and list management. We've woken up to that recently(well behind everyone else), so hopefully the term "archaic" isn't used in our systems in the future. Congrats to MM on the milestone, shame we couldn't bring it to the table for him.

....and supporting another faction in the ongoing battle of wealthy families will?

I didn't want to believe it either but this club is COOKED, seriously screwed.

MLG is joke, the board are wealthy nuffies who only get elected on cash and the apathy of the supporter base.

From top to bottom, second rate.

There is nothing left in this club that represents the supporters and if your are honest with yourself, supporters haven't really mattered since Elliott took over.
The club needs to be taken back.

Completely agree. But at every other team he's coached, that's never happened. He's always had the ability to get the best out of his players. It just doesn't happen anymore. In fact, I'm yet to see it once in the time he's been at the club. Has he lost that skill? Or are out players really just the bad? I honestly don't ******* know.
look first in the centre square. we had 2 of the most incompetent ruckmen ever to play the game vs Grundy whos no star but has a real crack and has some skill. Ruckmen are overrated but when youre a man playing against a boy you are going to have an impact. We had Whiley doing a negating job- who was going to be our dynAmic player and set the game alight? Judd tried. Murphy tried early, Then who? Curnow? Ellard? Armfield? Everett ( whos played his best footy as a tagger? I thought Bell was pretty good but we are just soooo undermanned

(Log in to remove this ad.)

....and supporting another faction in the ongoing battle of wealthy families will?

I didn't want to believe it either but this club is COOKED, seriously screwed.

MLG is joke, the board are wealthy nuffies who only get elected on cash and the apathy of the supporter base.

From top to bottom, second rate.

There is nothing left in this club that represents the supporters and if your are honest with yourself, supporters haven't really mattered since Elliott took over.
The club needs to be taken back.

The club needs to do what it can now to improve across the whole organisation. MLG and the board didn't take the field tonight. What happened out there is the result of 5 years of muddled decision making and stagnation by the previous admin. I think the supporters have mattered to the club, I just don't think we've been run with energy or ideas. Bag the rich blokes and burn the place to the ground, but we'll still have a list that's nowhere near it.

The club needs to do what it can now to improve across the whole organisation. MLG and the board didn't take the field tonight. What happened out there is the result of 5 years of muddled decision making and stagnation by the previous admin. I think the supporters have mattered to the club, I just don't think we've been run with energy or ideas. Bag the rich blokes and burn the place to the ground, but we'll still have a list that's nowhere near it.

It's the same people on the board.

The same people, nothing has changed.

The same people responsible for the muddled decision making, the board.

Sticks was an idiot and MLG might be a genius, but what they have in common is they are just front men for the same failed, dysfunctional board.

Wake up folks. Any success we have in the future will be like our goals tonight and any decent recruits we've picked up...........they are mostly flukes.

It's the same people on the board.

The same people, nothing has changed.

The same people responsible for the muddled decision making, the board.

Sticks was an idiot and MLG might be a genius, but what they have in common is they are just front men for the same failed, dysfunctional board.

Wake up folks. Any success we have in the future will be like our goals tonight and any decent recruits we've picked up...........they are mostly flukes.

The board weren't in charge of the list decision making. I'd like to see some movement on the board, I think it's better done with thought than anger though. Who are you replacing and who are you replacing them with? lemme guess, anyone would do a better job..

The board weren't in charge of the list decision making. I'd like to see some movement on the board, I think it's better done with thought than anger though. Who are you replacing and who are you replacing them with? lemme guess, anyone would do a better job..

The board run the club.

They select the Pres, the admin, stick their fingers in and muddy the water in all departments. Lobby for their ow candidates.

I don't have any specific names for the board, how can I?

But let's start with making sure that financial donations don't guarantee a (let alone multiple) seats on the board.

The board run the club.

They select the Pres, the admin, stick their fingers in and muddy the water in all departments. Lobby for their ow candidates.

I don't have any specific names for the board, how can I?

But let's start with making sure that financial donations don't guarantee a (let alone multiple) seats on the board.

Sure, let's make sure our club is run by blue collar, non-wealthy types. Some sort of Centrelink assets test to screen for suspected wealth and possible dodgy donations. I'm willing to give this board time because they've made changes in key personnel. That can't be judged by the teams performance.

Sure, let's make sure our club is run by blue collar, non-wealthy types. Some sort of Centrelink assets test to screen for suspected wealth and possible dodgy donations. I'm willing to give this board time because they've made changes in key personnel. That can't be judged by the teams performance.

Ya see, this is where you lose arguments.

Being silly.

But back to the point.

You say they've made changes to key personnel but those personnel report to who?

It's just window dressing. We might draft a bit better (or maybe not) get a better coach (or maybe not) but who really, in this club of ours knows how to run a successful club? Who on the board brings football nous?

I realise they are often successful business people, but none (on the baord) are from the footy biz............and for god sake don't say Gleeson.

Ive said this before i think Malthouse is good at developing a list, but as a Game day coach the game has gone completely past him. He's still playing outdated game plans which dont work. Need a new game day coach

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back