Opinion Mick Malthouse

What is the next move on Mick?

• Sack him immediately; replacement coach to see out the year.

Votes: 192 48.9%
  • Let him coach out the year then show him the door.

Votes: 70 17.8%
  • Sign him now to give coaches and players some direction.

Votes: 81 20.6%
  • Not sure yet... still too angry to think clearly.

Votes: 50 12.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Playing Warnock instead of Casboult or Watson must be Micks worst decision of his career.

Casboult has done nothing to keep his place in the side and Watson can't replace him as he can't do the ruck work. If anything Watson would be a replacement for Jones if he was dropped.

With Casboult out of the side it made absolute sense for Warnock to come in.

Once Kreuzer is back one of Warnock or Wood will be out of the side and it will push Casboult even further behind as Kreuzer needs to be eased back into things. Once Kreuzer is able to take more of the ruck work i'd imagine Casboult will be a chance to return IF he shows something in the seconds.

Ya see, this is where you lose arguments.

Being silly.

But back to the point.

You say they've made changes to key personnel but those personnel report to who?

It's just window dressing. We might draft a bit better (or maybe not) get a better coach (or maybe not) but who really, in this club of ours knows how to run a successful club? Who on the board brings football nous?

I realise they are often successful business people, but none (on the baord) are from the footy biz............and for god sake don't say Gleeson.

Yeah we need more footy nous on the board, I agree. I just think change to the board should be done with cool heads and thought, not post game "sack em all" venom.

Give him the green needle.
He's a $1.0m a year parasite topping up his and his mates super.

Face it boys, we've been had..

The club served up this shit sandwich and we have been gagging on it for three years.

Nothing will change while WE keep buying memberships and support.

Hold back all support from the club until the admin is completely turfed out.

I'm on a payment plan for my membership, it stops monday.
Excellent & don't bother buying another one when things start turning around, as they invariably will.

Yeah we need more footy nous on the board, I agree. I just think change to the board should be done with cool heads and thought, not post game "sack em all" venom.

You might want to have a look at how long these pumpkins have been running the club.

.............and my desire to be shot of them is now in it's 3rd year.

The lack of football nous on our board isn't the problem, the problem is that too many people on our board are beholden to others.

More than the way the game went tonight the thing that i found totally demoralising, infuriating and embarassing was seeing Edelstein sitting behind the coach in the box on match day.

No decent President or board would allow such things to happen. These sort of things are symptomatic of the thing that is wrong with our club, until there is a real shake up at the top nothing else will change and this isn't some realisation i have just come to tonight, it's been this way for years.

I get the awful, sinking feeling (based on nothing but intuition) that Mick has coached his final game of Footy.

He is no quitter, but the toll on Nanette and how she understandably is upset by all the public criticism of Mick by the vultures in the media, and some disgruntled fans (who do take their dislike of Mick a bit O/TT like they did with Ratts) .. Well I just feel he will pull the pin sometime early next week.

I hope I'm wrong :(

I've backed MM to the hills ever since he arrives. But I'm losing faith. And the only thing that keeps me from completely losing the faith is the question of how much blame must lay with the coach and how much with the players. I just don't know what our bloody game plan is. I just don't see it. What are we trying to achieve out there? We don't zone. We don't apply pressure. We don't use the ball well. What the bloody hell is out game plan? Has MM lost touch with the modern game or are our players just really that inept?

Seriously wavering now.

The lack of football nous on our board isn't the problem, the problem is that too many people on our board are beholden to others.

More than the way the game went tonight the thing that i found totally demoralising, infuriating and embarassing was seeing Edelstein sitting behind the coach in the box on match day.

No decent President or board would allow such things to happen. These sort of things are symptomatic of the thing that is wrong with our club, until there is a real shake up at the top nothing else will change and this isn't some realisation i have just come to tonight, it's been this way for years.
Its even more humourous given that during the week, in an interview mick was asked about that scene in the play "The Club" where the president goes into the box and tells the coach what to do......Mick said never in his career has something like that happened.....then here we have this arseh*le sitting in the box.

You might want to have a look at how long these pumpkins have been running the club.

.............and my desire to be shot of them is now in it's 3rd year.

Yes but different prez and CEO now. Nominate for the board then, or convince someone else to.

Edelstein is eccentric, is it really that demoralising?

I get the awful, sinking feeling (based on nothing but intuition) that Mick has coached his final game of Footy.

He is no quitter, but the toll on Nanette and how she understandably is upset by all the public criticism of Mick by the vultures in the media, and some disgruntled fans (who do take their dislike of Mick a bit O/TT like they did with Ratts) .. Well I just feel he will pull the pin sometime early next week.

If it is the end, hopefully it will be MM bowing out gracefully, not being pushed.

Its even more humourous given that during the week, in an interview mick was asked about that scene in the play "The Club" where the president goes into the box and tells the coach what to do......Mick said never in his career has something like that happened.....then here we have this arseh*le sitting in the box.

Didn't we win last time the Dr sat in the box?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Some of those who wanted Ratts gone in favor of Mick are the same ones wanting Mick gone. This will keep going on, much like it did at Richmond during the '80s & '90s.

Edelstein is eccentric, is it really that demoralising?

Yeah it is, he has no business being in the coach's box. It is not a good look at all and just leaves the club open to more ridicule.

Some of those who wanted Ratts gone in favor of Mick are the same ones wanting Mick gone. This will keep going on, much like it did at Richmond during the '80s & '90s.

Agreed, we're starting to gain a reputation as a club (again) as a coaches graveyard, and its not a very flattering one.

Sacking a coach every 3/4 years is not going to fix the problems at our club, it goes much deeper than that.

There is also a fair bit of ageism in criticism from some fans and the media with regards to Mick's age and whether he is past it, and frankly I find that condescending, offensive tripe.

You're right, like Ratts before him, Mick has been harshly treated and judged by some fans in our supporter base.

Agreed, we're starting to gain a reputation as a club (again) as a coaches graveyard, and its not a very flattering one.

Sacking a coach every 3/4 years is not going to fix the problems at our club, it goes much deeper than that.

There is also a fair bit of ageism in criticism from some fans and the media with regards to Mick's age and whether he is past it, and frankly I find that condescending, offensive tripe.

You're right, like Ratts before him, Mick has been harshly treated and judged by some fans in our supporter base.
Nah, he's just shit.

But if it makes people feel better, it's not his fault we gave him the job.

Couldn't find his arse with both hands, ego maniac with more insecurities than a Las Vegas stripper.

Need to ask yourself, who gave him the job?
Who gave Hughes the job?
Who gave whoever gave Hughes the job.

It's pretty clear, some people bought ownership of the club for a relatively small bit of cash.

Our win loss record under Mick is rubbish

What is worse is we have gone backwards

We are uncompetitive

We can't kick a winning score

Most players are worse now then when Mick took over Murphy, Henderson, Yarran to name a few

Excellent & don't bother buying another one when things start turning around, as they invariably will.
There's no other avenue for people to show their dissatisfaction, unfortunately. You can write to the club but they don't even respond. It's hard to justify spending so much money on a team that doesn't even appear to try.

Sorry mediumsizered ,I have enjoyed and respected your posting since I joined BF and found myself on our board.
Mick isn't the man for our club.
I don't know what the problem or problems are,that's why I come here .
But,clearly we are playing worse than we have for a decade or more.
It was childlike and laughable.
5 mins in and after the Wood goal (who has been bloody fantastic this year btw) that I knew we were done.That Mick was done.
We have no game plan,less structure and even less team morale,skills,nous,jumper passion,etc etc than I've ever seen.
I'm 45 now and lived thru some golden ages for sure.
Was there in 79 and 95(edit thanks mikey)
After a couple of years off after the Elliot debacle,cancelled memberships etc I started to get drawn back in and started attending games handing over readies etc. even though we'd get flogged,I didn't care,they were my Blues.
I've mentioned before on here that I worked behind the food stalls and bar areas when I was 13 thru to late teens.
My mum was a member for 20+ years before Pigs Arse and his cronies sent us to the wall.
She lost interest.
I came back,she's never fully embraced the club again.
My blood is Blue and Princes Park was the first place I was employed.
It holds special memories,far too many to go through really.
In all my time,that was the most pathetic,insipid amateur game our boys have ever put on.
Unfortunately all this lands squarely at someone's feet.
I'll be here next week and support the club,but surely something has to give!.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back