Opinion Mick Malthouse

What is the next move on Mick?

• Sack him immediately; replacement coach to see out the year.

Votes: 192 48.9%
  • Let him coach out the year then show him the door.

Votes: 70 17.8%
  • Sign him now to give coaches and players some direction.

Votes: 81 20.6%
  • Not sure yet... still too angry to think clearly.

Votes: 50 12.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Andy Maher on SEN today saying it is ridiculous if the club sacks Mick now.
Reckons it won't achieve anything and will be a knee jerk reaction to us playing badly.

I change my mind on this every day! Part of me says it is no use and then parts of me are angry that MM makes stupid decisions like the Warnock inclusion this week.

Put it this way IF Barker is going to be the caretaker coach we should let MM see the season out as i do not want Barker at all in a HC role and if he replaces MM when that time comes i will be shattered, Laidley is the better option over Barker as caretaker and even then the jury is out as well.

Reckons it won't achieve anything and will be a knee jerk reaction to us playing badly.
It probably is. And there's every chance it wont achieve much.

But - getting a caretaker in gives the smallest possibility of bringing about a change in performance & maybe restore a little bit of confidence. Whereas sticking with Mick gives zero chance of that.

I change my mind on this every day! Part of me says it is no use and then parts of me are angry that MM makes stupid decisions like the Warnock inclusion this week.

Put it this way IF Barker is going to be the caretaker coach we should let MM see the season out as i do not want Barker at all in a HC role and if he replaces MM when that time comes i will be shattered, Laidley is the better option over Barker as caretaker and even then the jury is out as well.

I'm in the same boat. With 2/3 of the season still remaining I think it's too early in the year to make a call on Mick. However i'm sick of the gameplan we are using at the moment and that we get stuck on the back flank. We're super slow with our ball movement and really lack any confidence.

He changes his mind daily

This is the problem with our club. There is obviously things happening behind the scenes. This cannot continue any longer either back Mick or Sack him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is the problem with our club. There is obviously things happening behind the scenes. This cannot continue any longer either back Mick or Sack him.
We are all frustrated! But things happening behind the scenes is, and has never, ben restricted to Carlton. It's politics. I do agree Mick needs to move on but that I to relieve the pressure valve......i.e. Leigh Matthews' circuit breaker.

We are all frustrated! But things happening behind the scenes is, and has never, ben restricted to Carlton. It's politics. I do agree Mick needs to move on but that I to relieve the pressure valve......i.e. Leigh Matthews' circuit breaker.
your reply makes no sense. You make it sound like i shouldn't have raised it, but it's ok for you to pot our players and coach all the time.

Andy Maher's views are just the views of one supporter. No credence needs to be given there.

If they're gonna sack MM (which personally I believe should happen sooner rather than later), then they need to disinfect that whole coaching structure and start afresh with a panel of coaches that will drive us forward with a new vision.

We need an interview process.
New or old I want a process

I don't want a Nield and I don't want a Blight

I want a Hinkley or a Beverage. I want a "follow me" approach. And if you don't your out even at the expense of the team!!

Edit : MM tired this but he still played his favourites
Hinkley might be available next year.;)

I have no problem with Barker as interim. It's not like he'll stop us from making finals and i'm sure he will be coaching to 'instruction' with a view of further auditioning the list for next year and really see what our younger players are capable of. If Mick goes now we really have nothing to lose do we?

It's not just the heavy defeats that Mick should be judged on. The selection of the team has been diabolical at times.

The non selection of Graham is something us supporters should get an explanation for. To go into the Geelong match with one key defender against Hawkins and Clark and then bring in Warnock for Carrazo is baffling.

The Collingwood teams he coached were renowned for their tackling pressure, yet we can barely muster 30 tackles a game chasing tail whilst 60+ is the norm.

I seriously wonder whether Micks taking the piss, and if there's the slightest inkling that's what's going on he should be sacked immediately.

Has anyone flirted with the idea the he may be under instruction to pick a team that doesnt look sus but is actually no hope of winning....i only say this because to me the selection wood and warnock in the same team seems crazy, 2 slow lumbering ruckmen + casbolt and jones...doesnt add up

Maher also warned of the dangers of destabilisation back when Pagan was under the pump.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back