Opinion Mick Malthouse

What is the next move on Mick?

• Sack him immediately; replacement coach to see out the year.

Votes: 192 48.9%
  • Let him coach out the year then show him the door.

Votes: 70 17.8%
  • Sign him now to give coaches and players some direction.

Votes: 81 20.6%
  • Not sure yet... still too angry to think clearly.

Votes: 50 12.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with those stating the media seems more concerned with trying to can MM than celebrate the careers of those players who have announced their retirements this week.

I really hope we stnad tough & ignore all the negative crap & just go about our business & let MM get on with the job at hand.

It's such a joke ... Listening to media personalities talk about treatment of the media ... Faaark ... How do we as a society cop this media bullshit/control so willingly?? ... 1984 people ... 1984!

That's eathy for you to thay...

Am I the only one who finds lisps kinda sexy? Not on Caro, obviously. But hearing a Spanish lady pronounce the name of the town Zaragoza; my word!

Elena%2BAnaya%2B1.jpg

Sellars gets himself sucked in by Robbo, Whateley & the likes & then comes off looking like a fool.

He would actually be best advised not to get dragged into discussions about our club. There is no doubting his passion for our club, but his Carlton is still that of the '70s & '80s. He struggles to accept that what the club could do back then cannot be done now. We no longer have exclusive access to the cream of the talent coming out of Bendigo (e.g. the Selwoods), nor can we rely on high profile supporters to arrange public service jobs for those we want to bring from interstate (e.g. Jesaulenko) & we can't go interstate signing the best juniors on Form 4s. We have to play the game like everyone else & unfortunately we have only started to accept this in recent years.
Gah. Mark Mclure is no longer a commentator worth listening to. Back in the days when he was a simple ABC special commentator he added a lot to the call. Now all he does is open his mouth and let the words pour out. #NoFilter

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gah. Mark Mclure is no longer a commentator worth listening to. Back in the days when he was a simple ABC special commentator he added a lot to the call. Now all he does is open his mouth and let the words pour out. #NoFilter
Hate to say it but you are correct.
Right now he is an agitator and doing our cause no good at all.

I,m totally disgusted with MM after this week. Not Malthouse, Mark Maclure. A meathead who has nothing insightful or productive to say. And the media monkeys jumping on Mick being too aggressive when Nathan Buckley drags his players around by the shirtfront .. What a farce.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...991545193?nk=e0763d70b90e75aea858f14efd57de65

The problem with Carlton is not the coach, it's the recruiting and list management. If we had snapped up Goddard and Chapman then Essendon would be where we are and we would be knocking on the door of the 8. McLure is part of the problem with Carlton, and not the solution. Just opens his mouth and out rolls all the crap between his ears. You recruit young and build them over time and top up with the. Goddards and Chappies to give the young guys and the fans a taste of September to keep the morale up and the goal in sight. It ain't rocket surgery.

Totally disgusted. We have a top class coach who can turn this around if we can provide the players to carry out the plan. We either stick with him through the tough times or go back to the old Carlton nonsense of sacking the Coach and trying to buy instant success.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a.../story-fni5ezi5-1226992473068#social-comments

i began following Carlton in the 70s and Brereton is right about the Carlton culture. I'm sick of my club trying to buy success and then the infighting when that doesn't work. Malthouse is the best coach the Blues have had in years. The majority of the media pack has nothing better to say than 'Mick is too aggressive'. Really? When Nathan Buckley drags players around by the shirtfront? Utter rubbish.

The real test for Carlton's new management is whether they have the guts to stand by Mick as this terrible season plays out. If they do we may start to see some improvement next year. if they don't we'll be stuck in the doldrums for another five years.

Rita Panahi wants Mick to tone it down if a woman is asking a question.:confused:

Geez, what happend to the whole gender equality?

Seriously if the journalists were all so scared and upset at MM at his pressers for the last 30years then why havn't any of them had the guts during the presser to stand up for themselves or their peers during these press conferences when Malthouse unleashes his wrath? Seriously Lingy stood up for himself.... I'm sure in a presser if one of them said to Mick, "Mick don't talk to me like that", Mick would tone down and apologise. But no the reporters love the whole theatric that Mick creates in his pressers... sells more papers to have angry Mick.

Mick Malthouse's admission that he may need to change his demeanour in post-match media conferences came after a series of frank in-house discussions at the club, which included a meeting between the coach and his new president Mark LoGiudice.

Acting chief executive Andrew McKay, LoGiudice and the Blues media boss Jay Allen are understood to have addressed the issue of Malthouse's behaviour at the SCG last Saturday night - behaviour that has provoked a negative response from Carlton members and supporters.

As a Carlton supporter, are you annoyed by how Mick Malthouse is representing your club, or do you not have an issue with it?

Mick Malthouse's admission that he may need to change his demeanour in post-match media conferences came after a series of frank in-house discussions at the club, which included a meeting between the coach and his new president Mark LoGiudice.

Acting chief executive Andrew McKay, LoGiudice and the Blues media boss Jay Allen are understood to have addressed the issue of Malthouse's behaviour at the SCG last Saturday night - behaviour that has provoked a negative response from Carlton members and supporters.

As a Carlton supporter, are you annoyed by how Mick Malthouse is representing your club, or do you not have an issue with it?

Where is this from?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back