Opinion Mick Malthouse

What is the next move on Mick?

• Sack him immediately; replacement coach to see out the year.

Votes: 192 48.9%
  • Let him coach out the year then show him the door.

Votes: 70 17.8%
  • Sign him now to give coaches and players some direction.

Votes: 81 20.6%
  • Not sure yet... still too angry to think clearly.

Votes: 50 12.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
So Mick is doomed if he keeps acting like he has been and he is doomed in he apologies...
Who'd be a Carlton coach, or a player for that matter? Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

"Mick should apologise"
Mick apologises.
"He's only apologising because of pressure from above."

Seriously I hope we keep Mick, but isn't this the guy on his year off was lecturing at uni's and doing many public speaking gigs?? This "I have trouble speaking in public" is a little hard to swallow and a little bit of PR fail if you ask me.
You can lack confidence with public speaking & still be very good at it, if you are mentally strong enough to overcome this lack of confidence when needed.

Wow ... I just saw the press conference that the media is going on about. What an absolute beat up. I don't see anything wrong with the way he answered Sam Lane's questions. She asked why Waite wasn't playing and Mick responded that he is injured. She then asked if he would be playing in the VFL this weekend . . . No wonder Mick stared at her blankly. He then just says "didn't I just say he is injured?"

What an absolute beat up! The media is just vying for blood.

Shakespeare on BF. It just makes sense. :thumbsu:
starchamber beat him to it...

“He that hath a beard is more than a youth, and he that hath no beard is less than a man. He that is more than a youth is not for me, and he that is less than a man, I am not for him.”

Metaphor for having a coach with facial hair.

I feel like I'm the only one who hasn't seen the.Malthouse ling bust up and I can't find any footage. Can anyone please link me to some if it exists otherwise I'll have to believe it's just like Essendon never taking drugs. A fairytale.

Wow ... I just saw the press conference that the media is going on about. What an absolute beat up. I don't see anything wrong with the way he answered Sam Lane's questions. She asked why Waite wasn't playing and Mick responded that he is injured. She then asked if he would be playing in the VFL this weekend . . . No wonder Mick stared at her blankly. He then just says "didn't I just say he is injured?"

What an absolute beat up! The media is just vying for blood.

Don't forget her attempt at baiting...'Waite is on the outer'

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Slow news week with Mick getting more attention than Hayes, Maxwell and Cassisi who retired.

Caro has written another article about it to drag it out.
Can't believe Dermie wrote that piece. Let's see what the snipers have to say.
Yeah, but were Dermott and the coaches allowed to look Mick in the eye during the game between Essendon and the All Stars?

That's all that matters...

Who would want to be a coach?

You can imagine the heat an unproven coach would be under with Carlton on five wins. Yet everyone loves the Dogs who have won just six games.

Slow news week with Mick getting more attention than Hayes, Maxwell and Cassisi who retired.
Jus a poor reflection on the monkeys that are the general football media.

Also, to show how full of themselves the media "personalities" are. I don't know about any of you. But did any of your hear from some the suggestion that maybe the media should boycott Mick's press conferences? lol, that's what he'd like!

KB having a pop at Malthouse now.

This week has been such a sad indictment on the football media in this city.

Let's forget about everything happening that's purely football related and let's go on ad nauseum about the way the media interacts with a coach. Too many in the media have an over inflated opinion about their own importance.

I wish they would just report the news and stop trying to become the story themselves. Too many hangers on trying to earn a living from the game these days who have to justify their own positions.

This week has been such a sad indictment on the football media in this city.

Chickengate was the worst media witch hunt I have ever seen in football. Lest we forget when the great man gets his boos from the 20 Norf supporters there tonight.

This one with Mick is typically unseemly but to me the most unsettling part was Sellars sitting next to a smirking Robbo, the arch enemy, and giving Mick both barrels. So much so that Dermott friggin Brereton was moved to come to his defence. Bizarro World.

But the biggest indictment of the football media has been the coverage of the Essendon doping scandal. Biased, inept, ignorant, you name it. A disgrace.

Caro has written another article about it to drag it out.

Loguidice has his say. Quite like what he has to say.

I actually love Caro as a journalist but I do have to laugh at her attempts to pronounce 'Loguidice' with the famous Caro lisp

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back