Opinion Mick Malthouse

What is the next move on Mick?

• Sack him immediately; replacement coach to see out the year.

Votes: 192 48.9%
  • Let him coach out the year then show him the door.

Votes: 70 17.8%
  • Sign him now to give coaches and players some direction.

Votes: 81 20.6%
  • Not sure yet... still too angry to think clearly.

Votes: 50 12.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mick Malthouse's admission that he may need to change his demeanour in post-match media conferences came after a series of frank in-house discussions at the club, which included a meeting between the coach and his new president Mark LoGiudice.

Acting chief executive Andrew McKay, LoGiudice and the Blues media boss Jay Allen are understood to have addressed the issue of Malthouse's behaviour at the SCG last Saturday night - behaviour that has provoked a negative response from Carlton members and supporters.

As a Carlton supporter, are you annoyed by how Mick Malthouse is representing your club, or do you not have an issue with it?

As a Carlton supporter I'm more concerned with building a successful team than the vanity of journos...who you should acknowledge when quoting their articles, irrespective of their pious opinions.

edit: Caroline Wilson, you are pathetic. Get a real job.

Last edited:
http://www.news.com.au/national/vic...-mystery-to-many/story-fnii5sms-1226993754884

IT doesn’t get much colder than last Wednesday night.
Every sensible person is tucked up inside with the heater on.
East Melbourne is deserted — except for four young footballers pressing the doorbell to a ritzy penthouse.
They’re probably nervous, but determined not to show it.
Tonight is dinner with The Boss.
Troy Menzel, Patrick Cripps and Irish rookies Ciaran Byrne and Ciaran Sheehan are guests at the home of Carlton coach Mick Malthouse and his wife Nanette.
It’s a ritual the AFL’s longest-serving coach has maintained across an incredible 705-game coaching journey that began at Footscray in 1984.
Wednesday night’s helpings at the Malthouse manor include sweet potato soup, fillet of beef with vegies and baked potatoes, finished with a serving of apple pie and ice-cream.

So whilst Sellers is ranting & raving on 360, Mick is hosting the younger players for dinner. That's all I need to know.

Good article .. Nice to see an article flying in the face of the agenda being pursued by Seven and the rest .. Surprised to hear Eddie speak so glowingly of him. This article pretty much sums up why I'm a huge fan ...

Mark Stevens, while not alone, is a disgrace, I might add. I respect Caro more than any other, so was disappointed to see her getting caught up in it.

Curnow: "We believe in Mick"
"We've had a poor year," Curnow told AFL.com.au. "He has copped that all year and you can only imagine it is going to boil up a bit."

"He is a great person and we believe in him, we trust him and he trusts us. The week was as per usual. He didn't even mention it," Curnow said.

Curnow said Carlton had a plan to stop the opposition from scoring heavily when it lost the momentum. And it worked.

He said the team also concentrated on shutting down North Melbourne's outlets, denying the Roos short kicks and working hard one-on-one to force the error.
Curnow: "We believe in Mick"

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good article .. Nice to see an article flying in the face of the agenda being pursued by Seven and the rest .. Surprised to hear Eddie speak so glowingly of him. This article pretty much sums up why I'm a huge fan ...

Mark Stevens, while not alone, is a disgrace, I might add. I respect Caro more than any other, so was disappointed to see her getting caught up in it.

When they cut to him after the game he was saying how he would be bringing up the issues of the week at the Coach's post game press conference. The look on his face confirmed him to be a w***er of monstrous proportions

First I've seen of those Schwartz comments... How over the top can you get. Absolutely farcical. It's like Mick said, did he murder someone??? I'm confident Mick will get us where we need to be and glad to see us on the winner's list again!!!

Where is the anti Mick brigade today!

Gone missing!

So where is it written in the moderator's handbook that you have the responsibility to incite disharmony?

Clearly you subscribe to the view that we attribute the losses to the players and the wins to the coach.

Our structures and role allocation were clearly better last night, but that is all because the players pulled their fingers out....right?

We started the game with Judd, Gibbs and Bell in the middle with a ruckman who was happy to contribute around the ground rather than just with tap work.
The bigger bodies were absorbing and dishing it out.
We had 3 talls all moving and offering targets, thus alleviating the aggravation of defenders double teaming
the boys.
Our skipper with the smaller body was allowed to work in to the game, rather than being compelled to absorb the punishment of a tagger from the get go.
With Curnow allocated an outside player in Boomer to tag rather than a dedicated midfielder, we had 3 blokes trying to get the ball from the bounce. (there is a reason the better clubs tag the Smith's, Hill's, Stokes' types not the inside guns).
Other than the flair of Yarran, we were more circumspect bringing the pill out of defence.
Walker was not channelling Harry O/Lamumba's indiscriminate dash on instruction from the coach.
Rowe looked great on Petrie, but let's not be seduced, the midfield worked defensively, intent or role change (a little of both), thus reducing the effective supply.
While the absence of Carrazzo and McLean helped us in a way, they could both be better utilised than they have been through the last season and a half.

I, and I am sure others, thought better of baiting and evoking argument after our best performance of the year, but seeing how you were looking for it, there it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back