Mick still bitter?

Remove this Banner Ad

livnixon9

All Australian
Suspended
Jul 27, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
Was asked on 10 about the Q Lynch deal and said he would be staggered if Collingwood wont have to move on one of their star players.

2 questions. Is it appropriate for another league coach to comment on list management decisions at another club? Is he still bitter at being forced out of the door at Collingwood and has been forced to define his first few months at Carlton commenting about Collingwood?

If I were a Carlton supporter I'd be worried if his heart is entirely in it for the right motivations.

MM has a long history of holding grudges so maybe, but when does he officially start for Carlton because up until then he is still a media person.

He needs to quickly realise he a coach again not a ex-Collingwood person / T.V commentator. Did anyone notice he was special comments man for the Grand Final on C7 and spoke about twice during the whole game?

I reckon his signing will become one of the big flops of the century. The support staff and effort behind the scenes to help this guy was second to none. I hope he has that same level of support at Carlton. After a few losses blame game will begin and it wont be Mick's fault.

He needs to quickly realise he a coach again not a ex-Collingwood person / T.V commentator. Did anyone notice he was special comments man for the Grand Final on C7 and spoke about twice during the whole game?

I reckon his signing will become one of the big flops of the century. The support staff and effort behind the scenes to help this guy was second to none. I hope he has that same level of support at Carlton. After a few losses blame game will begin and it wont be Mick's fault.
When Mick was there you guys were all lauding him as the second coming. Now he's at Carlton, it is all the assistants and Mick is past it. :rolleyes:

its awesome now that the shoe is on the other foot

There is a whole new breed of media savy coaches who know how to play up to and manipulate the media. The Scott brothers,Hird,Lyon are pros at it

Then there is Mick.If he stumbles one inch next year there will be a lynch mob led by Mark Robinson who cant wait to persecute him for past misdemeanors

Its going to be great theater.

• Banned
I'm surprised no Carlton supporters are questioning his ability to land a big fish. Essendon have come out and made an aggressive play in the FA market targeting Goddard. Richmond aren't content with their weaknesses and are being aggressive for a side that finished outside the 8.

When you finish outside the 8, you need to address specific weaknesses. Right now, the lack of KPF at Carlton is still there.

MM has basically said he is happy with the list, exactly what Ratten said last preseason when people questioned if they had recruited an KPF's over the preseason.

Maybe and I don't blame him!

I'm not going to forget for 1 minute what MM did for our club over the last decade.

I've had a chance to see Pies continuously play finals footy in a number of grand finals which is more then a number of sides have seen.

Bucks is now coaching and I have to support the club in their decision. I feel bad that MM was let go whilst still at the top of his game but hey!

I feel bad that MM was let go whilst still at the top of his game but hey!

The decision was made when he wasn't at the top end, he rose to the pinnacle after the decision was made which you can't really blame Collingwood for.

However, I doubt they made any effort to make sure they retained Mick after his last two years and try to appease Buckley with a shitload of cash to hang on for another year or two, it is not like Collingwood has any kind of limitations on football department spending to worry about.

I think if Eddie wanted to do it bad enough he could have got Buckley to agree to a 1 or 2 year delay but I get the feeling Eddie is the kind of bloke who would rather drive the bus into a ditch than admit the road has got a curve in it. He convinced himself MM would die if he kept coaching, that is someone not quite right upstairs when you can fabricate reality like that.

I really like Eddie, he has been massive for Collingwood, but he is as crazy as Mick is.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The decision was made when he wasn't at the top end, he rose to the pinnacle after the decision was made which you can't really blame Collingwood for.

However, I doubt they made any effort to make sure they retained Mick after his last two years and try to appease Buckley with a shitload of cash to hang on for another year or two, it is not like Collingwood has any kind of limitations on football department spending to worry about.

I think if Eddie wanted to do it bad enough he could have got Buckley to agree to a 1 or 2 year delay but I get the feeling Eddie is the kind of bloke who would rather drive the bus into a ditch than admit the road has got a curve in it. He convinced himself MM would die if he kept coaching, that is someone not quite right upstairs when you can fabricate reality like that.

I really like Eddie, he has been massive for Collingwood, but he is as crazy as Mick is.

So you dont blame the club for making the decision but its all Eddies fault that Malthouse knocked back a cushy $800,000 per annum golden handshake?

Meh.

He came for Cloke, he failed.

He went for Lynch, he failed.

He says he will target Tippett, he will fail again.

Welcome to Mick Malthouse post season- where he throws his hat in every ring and comes up short all the time.

Collingwood playing Carlton twicw this year when the Blues had half a team......FAIL :thumbsu:

Maybe and I don't blame him!

I'm not going to forget for 1 minute what MM did for our club over the last decade.

I've had a chance to see Pies continuously play finals footy in a number of grand finals which is more then a number of sides have seen.

Bucks is now coaching and I have to support the club in their decision. I feel bad that MM was let go whilst still at the top of his game but hey!

Well said, felt the same when he left WC.
No one can deny the bloke knows how to develop a team and win GF’s better than most going around…just hope he doesn’t succeed with it at carlton.

Mick didn't lie after being asked a question.

Shocked and appalled.

It appears some Collingwood supporters are still bitter about Malthouse.

Here's the crux. Asked a question gave an answer. Actually, it's interesting because a lot of people are speculating the same thing re Collingwood's salary cap, whereas Mick would have a fair idea about the state of their cap.

Here's the crux. Asked a question gave an answer. Actually, it's interesting because a lot of people are speculating the same thing re Collingwood's salary cap, whereas Mick would have a fair idea about the state of their cap.
MM would have less idea than some on bigfooty about the deals many big name players signed this year - Pendles, Cloke, Beams, Reid, H.Shaw, Harry were all signed this year.

And who are the 'stars' we have failed to sign??

The only regular best 22 players yet to sign are Wellers, Goldsack and Krak.

None of which are stars, and all 3 still most likely to stay at the Pies.

Pies have been preparing for free agency for a while, wont lose anybody....unless Wellers wants to live in Perth

MM would have less idea than some on bigfooty about the deals many big name players signed this year - Pendles, Cloke, Beams, Reid, H.Shaw, Harry were all signed this year.

Far from it. I reckon he'd have a pretty damn good idea what these guys would be on.

You can move on signed players mate. Not sure what this is meant to mean. Didn't see the report or read a quote either, so can't vouch for what Mick said exactly.

The only regular best 22 players yet to sign are Wellers, Goldsack and Krak.

None of which are stars, and all 3 still most likely to stay at the Pies.

Pies have been preparing for free agency for a while, wont lose anybody....unless Wellers wants to live in Perth

I think it's almost a given Wellers is leaving Pie land isn't it?

Remove this Banner Ad

Mick still bitter?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back