Mick still bitter?

Remove this Banner Ad

no denying that any sane Collingwood supporter would wish he was still coach, especially when he had everyone by his side and willing to put the hurt of 2011 beside them and rectify things.
Buckley came in and there were immediate rumblings inside the Collingwood walls....history may prove it was one of the most ridiculous appointments since Tim Watson got the gig at St Kilda.

No he didn't have everyone by his side because he didn't give them time. He announced that he was leaving in the rooms after the GF. You'd have to be referring to the GF loss as the hurt, yes? If so, then where did you pull that line from?

MM decides to leave. The much spoken about succession plan has hit a hurdle because MM was supposed to take up a position as director of coaching. Anyone who guessed that it wouldn't work or crossed their fingers in hope that it wouldn't work is now looking for the something, perhaps anything to point towards dissent in the ranks. As yet, the Wayne Carey comments and Dale Thomas salute is the best we can do? Oh wait, the Pies were one whole game behind the ladder leaders = massive slide.
Geelong's went out in the first final. Should we claim that Scott arsed his first year of coaching and in his second year, the players are seeing this and are thinking 'is this bloke gonna coach or sit there and bitch about umpiring?' I may leak this to SEN, name a source and see if it grows legs.

With the way MM coached in the 2011 GF I'm glad he is gone, from selection to moves on the day to lack of moves on the day to tactics of going completely away from our regular set up.

He is an extremely bitter man, I'd think he only took the Carlton job as a F you to Eddie, good luck with him Carlton.

He is an extremely bitter man, I'd think he only took the Carlton job as a F you to Eddie, good luck with him Carlton.

Comments like this are more a reflection on how you feel about it all rather than how Mick does. You blokes feel that Mick joining Carlton was all about Collingwood and Eddie, so you assume that's how he feels about it too. Then you make the leap that it must have been a motivating factor in his decision. I knew his appointment would rankle Pies supporters, but I must say, the level of response has been somewhat surprising.

Meanwhile thanks. I get the feeling this list is going to have some luck with Mick. The planets just feel aligned.

Comments like this are more a reflection on how you feel about it all rather than how Mick does. You blokes feel that Mick joining Carlton was all about Collingwood and Eddie, so you assume that's how he feels about it too. Then you make the leap that it must have been a motivating factor in his decision. I knew his appointment would rankle Pies supporters, but I must say, the level of response has been somewhat surprising.

Meanwhile thanks. I get the feeling this list is going to have some luck with Mick. The planets just feel aligned.
Aaaahhh reflection, you must be basking in it..You know you took Collingwoods dregs....take your medicine .......Wanna buy a Gumby?

I believe Mark Robinson summed it up best on AFL 360 a few weeks ago.
"Great Coach, Shit Bloke".

LOL. Robbo is a drunk. When he tried to derail the presser with trash journalism, Mick put him straight back in his place. It's no wonder he's still smarting about Mick; doesn't suffer fools, which places Robbo on his wrong side.

You guys just won a premiership with no "big names". Dont see how this is exactly a negative. He has 3 premiership medals as a coach. Find me another one of those thats still coaching.

What do you mean 'no big names'? Where, in Adelaide?

Adam Goodes - 2 time brownlow medalist
Josh Kennedy - top 5 midfielders
Hannebury - rising star winner who played a blinder on the big stage
Mumford - top 5 ruck man

I believe Mark Robinson summed it up best on AFL 360 a few weeks ago.
"Great Coach, Shit Bloke".
Replace great with good and thats what I've been saying for the last couple of years.

Rapt he isn't our problem anymore.

Mumford - top 5 ruck man
Goodes was on one leg the whole game. Kennedy was well held.
Hannebury isnt a big name...yet (but will be)
Mumford top 5 ruckman out of 18 teams puts him maybe in the top 100 players in the league.
I Wasnt having a go at Sydney, in fact complimenting them on the fact that they show that teams win premierships and not players. I mean to win a grand final in melbourne against the hawks without a genuine forward in the team (other than morton) is a huge achievement.

Mumford - top 5 ruck man

Oh and if Adelaide have no big names how did they have 2 players finish above your best player in the Brownlow medal?
Also I believe we had a forward finish above your highest goal scorer.
If anything the problem with our team is that too few carried the load for a lot of the season.

Replace great with good and thats what I've been saying for the last couple of years.

Rapt he isn't our problem anymore.

aesops_fox_lg.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He will fit in very nicely with.

Judd "used to be a great player", still a shit bloke.
Actually Judd is a very likeable person. I wouldn't be putting him in the same category as Malthouse. Judd will take time out for supporters, not just around the football club either. Malthouse may well be a shit bloke, but Judd is not.

Just because you read fairy tales, doesn't mean they come true...Shall i dig up your thoughts on Malthouse, the man you now call Mick...Or do you just admit you will take whatever Carlton dish up to the faithfull?

Aesop's Fables are tales of morals, not fairytales ... and God knows you could do with a morality boost. Who knows, having a read may even help scrape you off the bottom rung of humanity; but I doubt it!

Now piss off, I have no interest contaminating my day by discussing anything with an utter low-life like you!

I can't believe a man who's been coaching for 30 years is having his motives questioned (mostly by Collingwood supporters) isn't it possible that he has a genuine passion for coaching and Carlton gave him the chance to continue his career? No of course not, he's spent the past year scheming on how to get back at Eddie:rolleyes:

I can't believe a man who's been coaching for 30 years is having his motives questioned (mostly by Collingwood supporters) isn't it possible that he has a genuine passion for coaching and Carlton gave him the chance to continue his career? No of course not, he's spent the past year scheming on how to get back at Eddie:rolleyes:
Nah he can have it both ways - he seems a vindictive bastard - just go down to training and watch his eyes closely when a player displeases him :eek:

Watch his pressers and watch his eyes closely when a journalist displeases him - forget the words, just watch his eyes and the small muscles around his mouth and the set of his jaws. That's one nasty bastard to get on the wrong side of.

Remove this Banner Ad

Mick still bitter?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back