Mick still bitter?

Remove this Banner Ad

I think this needs a little bit of editing....

Meh.

He came for Cloke, he failed.

He went for Lynch, he failed.

He went for Tippett, he failed.

He went for Shane O'Bree, he failed.

Welcome to Mick Malthouse post season- where he throws his hat in every ring and comes up short all the time.

He's still a chance to get Scott Gumbleton.

Kevin Sheedy over staying his welcome at Essendon by about 6 years was one reason Collingwood opted for a succession plan. We didnt want to go throught that rubbish.

You are right Sheedy was at Essendon too long. But possibly you went two years early on pulling the pin on Malthouse???

Equally, we could have easily sacked him at the end of 2006.

no denying that any sane Collingwood supporter would wish he was still coach, especially when he had everyone by his side and willing to put the hurt of 2011 beside them and rectify things.
Buckley came in and there were immediate rumblings inside the Collingwood walls....history may prove it was one of the most ridiculous appointments since Tim Watson got the gig at St Kilda.

no denying that any sane Collingwood supporter would wish he was still coach, especially when he had everyone by his side and willing to put the hurt of 2011 beside them and rectify things.
Buckley came in and there were immediate rumblings inside the Collingwood walls....history may prove it was one of the most ridiculous appointments since Tim Watson got the gig at St Kilda.

Wheres the evidence of these rumblings?

All our key players have re-signed. Nobody has asked to be traded to Carlton to play for Mick.

Do you still wish Bomber Thompson was Geelong coach? Hes twice the success than Malthouse was, in less time.

Wheres the evidence of these rumblings?

Carey said said something about it and then people began looking closer, there was that incident with Dale Thomas staying on the bench but comes on to the field, immediately kicks a goal and looks up to the coaches box and salutes the coaching staff.
Simple things like that along with the usual rumor and innuendo which you often hear about certain players (namely-ex Collingwood players now).

One single alleged gesture towards the coaching box. Wow. The place is falling apart.

you heard about the rift between Leon Davis and a couple of current day players haven't you?

I'm not trolling but you sound like this all relatively new when most people have known this crap for a while now.

you heard about the rift between Leon Davis and a couple of current day players haven't you?

I'm not trolling but you sound like this all relatively new when most people have known this crap for a while now.

Leon Davis is no longer at the club. If theres a rift, who cares. Davis left in pretty ordinary circumstances so its his problem if he burnt some bridges.

I hear Don Scott and Leigh Matthews hate each others guts too.

Yes you are trolling. Show me some evidence that the club is divided.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Carey said said something about it and then people began looking closer, there was that incident with Dale Thomas staying on the bench but comes on to the field, immediately kicks a goal and looks up to the coaches box and salutes the coaching staff.
Simple things like that along with the usual rumor and innuendo which you often hear about certain players (namely-ex Collingwood players now).

Wayne Carey, nice one, the winner of the Ricky Nixon award for outstanding judgment. We know Carey hates Buckley from the tour of Ireland where Bucks wanted to go to a movie with the playing group after a game while Carey wanted to go and get smashed.

A **** of the very highest order.

Walls stated Carey needed to put up or shut-up. We never heard anything else, but the Mrs Jessops of Bigfooty took this turkey at face value.

The thing that has always puzzled me, what was Eddie thinking when he had it in his mind that NB and MM would be alble to work together as coach and Football Director? There would sure to be some overlap between the two roles. NB and MM both have strong personalities and I'm tipping they would have clashed on issues that did overlap. Pagan summed it up well when he said that he's never seen two bulls work together in a paddock.

Obviously Eddie implemented this arrangement to keep both NB and MM at the club, both signed on so you can't blame Eddie for doing that. I'm sure Eddie would love to have reversd the arrangement once the 2010 flag was won, but the problem is, he is bound by it, not because of how he would look in the public eye, but because NB has a contract in hand which says that in 2012, he will be the senior coach. IMO, it all came down to NB. If he went to Eddie and said Eddie, for the benefit of the club, I'm willing to wait another couple of years, let MM stay on as coach, I'm confident Eddie would have welcomed that with open arms. He would have called a presser, with the 2010 cup sitting next to him to symbolise that he can do no wrong, and tell the world that as a result of this cup, we'll be keeping MM on as coach and NB as assistant for 2 more years. But that didn't happen, NB wanted the job notwithstanding the premiership and so this is what has eventuated. Can't blame NB for that, it's what was agreed.

Mick is a 3 time premiership winning coach, Buckley has so far overseen your slide down the ladder.

Maybe he will have a record to match by the end of his career, but I doubt it.

Collingwood looked a far worse team this season, injuries aside. The same degree of forward pressure was not there, the backline lacked cohesion and order, setups from kick ins especially were average and the midfield did not seem to function with anywhere near the same level of efficiency or discipline. 2010/2011 saw an exceptionally dominant Collingwood team (though you ran out of legs in the 2011 GF), 2012 Collingwood was good but a shade of that.
still good enough to knock your mob outta the finals you post absolute shite all your points are baseless

I want to know how did we slide down the ladder? We finished top 4.We still made the prelim with hardly any luck on our side the whole year.4 knee reconstructions.No continuity all year of the playing group playing together.Injuries during games(sydney)we won.Even when one was subbed off after the first half.Swan and reid getting injured in the game against geelong in the fourth quarter when the game was there for geelong to win it and beating adelaide without both of them and lachy keefe doing his knee over in adelaide and adelaide at the time were in their best form, all year. Mick malthouse mouthing off in the background.Apparently we were going out in straight sets according to everyone else. What happened? One of the players best mates,that they lived with died and they still beat west coast in a semi. I am so amazed at what they have done.

And wayne carey is a tosser and i wouldn't believe a word he says.You know sleeping with his best mates wife and all that,but everyone holds his word as gospel when he speaks about collingwood. He is a proven liar that cant be trusted and its no secret he hates buckleys guts. Just wanted to cause more trouble.What else can he do,no way north would have wayne carey come back and coach.They hate him too.

Everyone take off your i hate collingwood/nathan buckley glasses and look at the facts before mouthing off. Mick was past his time,last years grand final proved that.

I think this needs a little bit of editing....

Meh.

He came for Cloke, he failed.

He went for Lynch, he failed.

He went for Tippett, he failed.

He went for Shane O'Bree, he failed.

Welcome to Mick Malthouse post season- where he throws his hat in every ring and comes up short all the time.
Guess who reads the Herald Sun. Do you know the Herald Sun survives thanks to the support of Collingwood supporters, hence they direct their reporting towards Collingwood supporters?

BTW, how did Jolly, Ball, Tarrant, Krakouer etc get to Collingwood?

The thread title says "Mick still bitter", yet going on the posting in this thread it is quite obvious who is bitter.

Guess who reads the Herald Sun. Do you know the Herald Sun survives thanks to the support of Collingwood supporters, hence they direct their reporting towards Collingwood supporters?

The thread title says "Mick still bitter", yet going on the posting in this thread it is quite obvious who is bitter.

I agree wholeheartedly. It's kind of surprising, given that you'd think Carlton fans would be used to missing the finals by now.

They all arrived after Malthouse was given two years notice.

In the ten years prior we got Shane Woewodin Cameron Wood Andrew Williams Chris Bryan Chad Morrison Paul Medhurst Simon Buckley Leigh Brown and Anthony Corrie.

Not much joy there.

Hilarious. Carlton fans used to hate Mick now they love him. Collingwood fans used to love Mick, now he's useless and past it. If ever there was conclusive proof about how biased football is, this is it.

They all arrived after Malthouse was given two years notice.

In the ten years prior we got Shane Woewodin Cameron Wood Andrew Williams Chris Bryan Chad Morrison Paul Medhurst Simon Buckley Leigh Brown and Anthony Corrie.

Not much joy there.

No joy with Leigh Brown?? Then why did you bother getting Lynch to play the same/similar role to what he played. :rolleyes:

See Timmy's post.

Remove this Banner Ad

Mick still bitter?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back