Mid Gippy

Remove this Banner Ad

None of Mid Gippys best players ever really played, probably why.

Cant remember Traill ever really playing and I know Mirboo when they
were strong never had anyone playing.

I think because Mid Gippy is more in and under and more physical,
that come interleague, most players welcome the week off.
Its like a bonus week really.

Im not sure I agree that Mid Gippy is any stronger than previous years,
but theres definately certain top echelon players in the league now that
would dominate just as much in Gippy Latrobe, ala Matty Dyer.

Pretty sure the mgfl announced that there will be an interleague match this year and make it mandatory for the best players to be available with possible suspensions for those who dont play and arent injured.

If this is true the league is being stupid. How can you make it "mandatory" for players to do something? By half way through the season most 'top' players have some sort of injury and how can the league prove otherwise. You can't make players play interleague and they shouldn't have to be forced.

In the league I was in a few years ago they tried to do this. Three players from our club where selected including myself. I was injured the previous week straining my hamstring (yes a genuine injury). I had played CHB/CHF/backup Ruck for the year but was selected for my local club in the forward pocket as many local clubs do. Of the other two, one played and the other missed because he had numerous niggling injures and had to move house (prearranged). The one who played got injured and missed a game, the one with niggling injuries got a week suspension as the league said it wasn't a good enough excuse and I ended up playing ruck (due the the injury of the one who played) and probably put my injury back a week or two (but the league accepted I had some sort of injury). Long winded story, but basically the local club lost all three players to varying degrees due to interleague.

If all three of us had played and wanted to do so fair enough and clubs should respect players who want to play. It should however always be the players choice! I can see why clubs wouldn't want the top players playing, especially when they have niggles.

Another problem is that most interleague players are paid players. How can you force people to play or you will deprive them of income? Or even worse, someone is 'pressured' play, they get injured and they lose job income, football income and have medical bills! The league/club insurance doesn't cover this fully, nowhere near it actually.

For the record I am not anti interleague. I am just against players being forced to play it! If players don't want to play the side wont gel and it will be crap anyway.

Im not sure I agree that Mid Gippy is any stronger than previous years,
but theres definately certain top echelon players in the league now that
would dominate just as much in Gippy Latrobe, ala Matty Dyer.

Huh? Top players coming to the league doesn't make you think that it's getting stronger?
Surely if you look at the ladder positions over the past 2 years you would see that it's gotten a lot better. Look where morwell east and yarragon were on the ladder at the end of 2010. Then look where they ended up the next year without losing many players. You can't possible say that 2011 didn't have MUCH more talent running around then in 2010. By the looks of it, 2012 looks to be the strongest year yet!

Totally agree that you cant make players play interleague, if players dont want to be there then why make them. play the younger talents (not always the best from each teams) because i think more young people will be inclined to run around as it can give them the chance to prove themselves and maybe even take than next step. Ive been in Ballarat for uni the last 4 years and the way the BFL runs their interleague i think is the way to go about it (yes they are a much stronger league) they have the few constant mature bodies but play alot of kid. Look at Isaac smith he was only looked at by north ballarat because he got a shot to play senior interleague as a 20 y.o.

Newb new pick ups??,

Would any one like to give an indepth view of the Ins and outs, have been hearing a lot more movement at the Kennel.
Lets just hope they choke seen so many sides go out and get players. they need the players though, they were shocking against mirboo in the final last year and they were at home

Newb new pick ups??,

Would any one like to give an indepth view of the Ins and outs, have been hearing a lot more movement at the Kennel.

Ins-

Dewsbury, Jon Denied 17/02/12 20/02/12
Hancock, Chris Approved 14/02/12 24/02/12
Kennedy, Adam Approved 01/02/12 14/02/12
Payne, Ashley Approved 01/02/12 14/02/12
Risol, Daniel Approved 08/02/12 17/02/12

Outs-

Munro, Jake Approved 16/02/12 20/02/12

Not sure what the issue is with Dewsbury, but is training with us and played the intraclub match!

Ins-

Outs-

Not sure what the issue is with Dewsbury, but is training with us and played the intraclub match!

They massive massive INS

Hi

I live in Melbourne and am playing footy up in the country this year and heard a rumour about a group of country players from different leagues training together at Gosch's Paddock in Richmond.
1. Is this true?
2. If so, can anyone train there?
3. What times do they train?

Cheers

Ins-

Outs-

Surely dewsbury won't be playing in the seniors ??

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Surely dewsbury won't be playing in the seniors ??

Keep talking yourselves up, we love it. :):):)

Surely wont playing ones

If anyone cares to check, these are all the movements into and out of the club to this point. There will be more to come in in the near future. I havent seen Jon play since i coached him 10 years ago. Played a handfull of games for Cora Lynn reserves last year coming back from a shoulder. Who knows how he will go?

And Tomm, I am responding to a question asked by underdogz.

Take a look at the Morwell East pick ups. They will be better than last year, no doubt!

Hi

I live in Melbourne and am playing footy up in the country this year and heard a rumour about a group of country players from different leagues training together at Gosch's Paddock in Richmond.
1. Is this true?
2. If so, can anyone train there?
3. What times do they train?

Cheers

You might be best posting this on the Alberton or gippsland footy. Apparently players from the 2 leagues used to train together in Melbourne a few years back.

Hey Plugeroo, any truth to the following rumours from a fairly reliable source.

1- Hancock will miss lots of games through work or travel?
2- Risols Knee is no good?
3- Payne doesnt train much and not in good shape/lazy or injured?
4- Kennedy dodgy shoulder?
5- Gelagoatis Gone?

If anyone cares to check, these are all the movements into and out of the club to this point. There will be more to come in in the near future. I havent seen Jon play since i coached him 10 years ago. Played a handfull of games for Cora Lynn reserves last year coming back from a shoulder. Who knows how he will go?

And Tomm, I am responding to a question asked by underdogz.

Take a look at the Morwell East pick ups. They will be better than last year, no doubt!

Did u coach him at Moe Saints or even before then?

Hey Plugeroo, any truth to the following rumours from a fairly reliable source.

1- Hancock will miss lots of games through work or travel?
2- Risols Knee is no good?
3- Payne doesnt train much and not in good shape/lazy or injured?
4- Kennedy dodgy shoulder?
5- Gelagoatis Gone?

??????

Remove this Banner Ad

Mid Gippy

Remove this Banner Ad

Back