Mid season draft 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Welfare check on Morro

No Archie May for you....
I am suprised but I can also understand why.

I did pick Blight for our first pick a week ago though. Cant win em all 😜

I am suprised but I can also understand why.

I did pick Blight for our first pick a week ago though. Cant win em all 😜
Too much sunscreen on Dimma pecs if you ask me for any rational thought

Not a huge fan of Blight but hope he proves me wrong. Grey has upside but again, didn’t think he was better than others not picked up.

Two things I’ll say. One is we got a KPD and KPF so that’s a win. To pass on the third selection was mindblowing. Ruck was a must.

Two, Toce is credited for finding Callum Wilkie at the Saints, so knows about Key position players, so if I’m happy to bow to a better judge of KP talent.
It's a bit harsh, but maybe we're holding them to a super high standard (delistable if they don't show promise immediately), and a ruck goes against the grain for that? I'm sure we'll pick up a ruck at the end of the year, but we need the list spots to do so. Doesn't seem fair to pick a 19 year old ruck and expect immediate output.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hmm maybe , gibcus is out too tho , it’s a good move as it allows flexibility how to use Balta , broad and grimes both nearly gone , bight has performed very well takes a stack of marks , good move
The kid himself had told all his mates Richmond were the club most keen on him this time last week. Every chance we always wanted blight with our first pick and hoped Hutchinson slipped but I was told this morning west coast had told him to pack his bags, which I did post here earlier. Family member of mine played with him at wonthaggi last year. Personally I’m also pleased with Blight. Not so sure on the second pick but who knows.

Was at a club function last night. Spoke to some club employees and the president. Comment was we needed to take into account that we needed list space for those who are injured to come back next year and that many of the better players in this draft had nominated 18 month contracts. We are looking at getting multiple first round picks in the ND and thus didn’t want to take too many tonight as that would reduce our capacity at the end of the year.

Was at a club function last night. Spoke to some club employees and the president. Comment was we needed to take into account that we needed list space for those who are injured to come back next year and that many of the better players in this draft had nominated 18 month contracts. We are looking at getting multiple first round picks in the ND and thus didn’t want to take too many tonight as that would reduce our capacity at the end of the year.
Makes sense.

Remove this Banner Ad

Mid season draft 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back