Mid season draft 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Wonder why Archie May, Remy Mclean, and Noah Howes weren't picked up.
Because their speed and leap don't fit the AFL attributes criteria in The Recruiters Handbook ...

Book Nft GIF by Multiplayer TV

Watch Howes tear up the rest of the Nationals and end up a First Round pick at the end of the year based on the old fashioned ability to clunk a mark

Have run out of all the high numbers with #17-50 taken.
The new guys will have to wear one of 6, 8,9, 11,12 or 16 or otherwise use # 51 and 52

Because we'll bid on Ashcroft at 2 if they don't do it.

They are not better off keeping 6. It will go away completely.
If we bid on Ashcroft at #2, Brisbane would match and get a 25% discount (1887 points). That would mean they lose pick 6 but importantly gain pick 30 in excess points.

In your scenario those four picks 30, 40, 41, 48 (1772) means they need to find more points AND don't get anything in change.

I'm not sure what bluff we're calling here because there is absolutely no incentive for them to do this deal.

They will get Ashcroft either way but will get more if they turn down our offer.

If we bid on Ashcroft at #2, Brisbane would match and get a 25% discount (1887 points). That would mean they lose pick 6 but importantly gain pick 30 in excess points.

In your scenario those four picks 30, 40, 41, 48 (1772) means they need to find more points AND don't get anything in change.

I'm not sure what bluff we're calling here because there is absolutely no incentive for them to do this deal.

They will get Ashcroft either way but will get more if they turn down our offer.
Haha sorry, I butchered those numbers and got the values wrong.... And I've gone too far now and CBF fixing it.

Too early to tell, need to see where Brisbane finish on the ladder.

Hopefully they finish higher and this scenario then gives us all the leverage.

Isn't it a 20% discount? So points needed at pick 2 would be 2,517 * 0.8 = 2,104
Pick 6 is worth 1,751 so would lose that completely

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Haha sorry, I butchered those numbers and got the values wrong.... And I've gone too far now and CBF fixing it.

Too early to tell, need to see where Brisbane finish on the ladder.

Hopefully they finish higher and this scenario then gives us all the leverage.
1) It's a 20% discount.
2) Even at 25%, they would get pick 63 back. And this is IF we bid at 2. If we don't bid, the deal becomes considerably better the later it goes.

Have run out of all the high numbers with #17-50 taken.
The new guys will have to wear one of 6, 8,9, 11,12 or 16 or otherwise use # 51 and 52
Austin Johnson wears 51 in the VFL and Yassine wears 52

Are we allowed to change numbers in season?
Dunno
If we can’t 11 and 16 are probably the better options
I know they are just numbers but 8,9 and 12 are all pretty significant numbers in terms of our clubs history

4, 8, 12, 17, and 29 (18 as well but not quite as sacred) are the numbers we need to be picky with and every player who gets them needs to “earn” it

Earning numbers is so shit. Ffs.

Put draftees in numbers and make them earn it except for our sacred numbers. This is why we are about to give two rookies 11 and 16 😂 because of this absolute farce of a policy.
Yeah that’s what I was trying to say

Keep 4, 8, 12, 17 and 29 aside for the special players but the others are first in best dressed with the lowest numbers available going to each draftee in order of selection

If for whatever reason we have a decent father son upcoming try and keep that number vacant for them but don’t push anyone out of the number either but if it works out fantastic

Any new trade recruit can just pick whatever they want from what’s available

Remove this Banner Ad

Back