Miller, dead set Genius

Remove this Banner Ad

Now with your creditbility in tatters can you please just wander off into your little corner and sulk?!

Since your delusion has got the better of you I have extracted the important bits for you to read

Written October 3...
http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/story/0,21985,22522316-20322,00.html
"The Eagles, however, have initially -- and boldly -- demanded the No. 1 pick, plus No. 3, No. 20 and West Australian youngster Josh Kennedy in exchange for their former captain.

It's believed the Blues are tipped to offer three parts of the package -- minus the No. 1 choice."

Written after the Tuesday proceedings of Trade week...
http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/story/0,21985,22560948-11088,00.html

"It's believed the Blues and the Eagles have tentatively agreed to swap pick No. 3 and West Australian-born key forward, Josh Kennedy.

The clubs are still in discussion about Carlton's pick No. 20 and a swap for West Coast's pick No. 30."

So who is delusional? Not me!
we'll you're fervently posting tripe on the richmond board with the belief we care about your jaded opinions. if the shoe fits.

we'll you're fervently posting tripe on the richmond board with the belief we care about your jaded opinions. if the shoe fits.

Listen up bud... I was called delusional by Un-Realistic Tiger, he wanted proof, he got it. So one of us is delusional for believing what we thought. With my proof putting to rest the sub topic it leaves him delusional.

No onto your comment of "our current forwardline obliterates yours", refer to where you guys were 13th in the AFL for points for compared to ours 6th. Additionally refer to when Carlton beat Richmond this year. If you want to start bringing up past years i say we nominate to review the last 25 years, why you ask? Why not? Why should we limit our analysis to the last 5, 10, 15 or 20 years. Are you that ashamed of how the tigers performed over the last 25 years? Remember the last 5 years is included in the that 25 year analysis...

incorrect. the tigers backline even without the height of carltons is far superior, if you want to ignore the nearly 400 more points you let through then us and use the excuse of an 'ultra attacking' style, then your backline should be have been modelled alot closer to ours, which it wasn't, it was woefully slow and unaccountable. also our current forwardline obliterates yours, you've got hope in the midfield with judd there but he'll be expected to do most of the work by himself with nick 'the neck' stevens likely to be a shadow of his former self, murphy continuing to develop and gibbs being average.

That stems from the style of game we played under Pagan...

Check the stats of points kicked against under Denis compared to Ratts...:)

The Tiges had 150 points kicked against them in one game in 2007 from memory. That should tell you something. :)

That we're slightly worse than Pt Adelaide were in a grand final?

We played the same team Prattot.

Unlike Port, we had our first four senior ruckmen out, and were forced to use a ruck rotation of Richardson, Polak and Tuck. We were so hard up Foley and Tambling got hitouts in that match.

To make a comparison, I'd like to see how you'd go against Geelong at their best using Fevola, Waite and and injured Scotland as your ruckmen, with several other of your best players also missing.

To make a comparison, I'd like to see how you'd go against Geelong at their best using Fevola, Waite and and injured Scotland as your ruckmen, with several other of your best players also missing.

Haven't you heard RW...the entire Carlton list is so chock-full of talented players with potential and upside and yadda yadda, they wouldn't let the small matter of a missing ruckman or missing best players get in their way...their significant depth would allow them to overrun even the best side Geelong could possibly put on the field. :rolleyes:

That is, if you believe the delusions of most Carlton supporters, of course...

Hell, playing Cloke and Ackland...it's not like they actually HAVE a ruckman anyway.

Listen up bud... I was called delusional by Un-Realistic Tiger, he wanted proof, he got it. So one of us is delusional for believing what we thought. With my proof putting to rest the sub topic it leaves him delusional.

No onto your comment of "our current forwardline obliterates yours", refer to where you guys were 13th in the AFL for points for compared to ours 6th. Additionally refer to when Carlton beat Richmond this year. If you want to start bringing up past years i say we nominate to review the last 25 years, why you ask? Why not? Why should we limit our analysis to the last 5, 10, 15 or 20 years. Are you that ashamed of how the tigers performed over the last 25 years? Remember the last 5 years is included in the that 25 year analysis...

why compare the clubs in recent times rather then 25 years ago you ask? because 25 years ago was... well... 25 years ago! let's be relevant - If we're talking footy why not stick to a period of time that the majority of our current players have actually been at their respective club. You wanna talk about footy 25 years ago trawl the sportsbar at your local RSL on pension day. On the forwardline issue, I struggle to even put together a full forwardline for the blues with lappin and whitnall gone.

Now with your creditbility in tatters can you please just wander off into your little corner and sulk?!

Since your delusion has got the better of you I have extracted the important bits for you to read

Written October 3...
http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/story/0,21985,22522316-20322,00.html
"The Eagles, however, have initially -- and boldly -- demanded the No. 1 pick, plus No. 3, No. 20 and West Australian youngster Josh Kennedy in exchange for their former captain.

It's believed the Blues are tipped to offer three parts of the package -- minus the No. 1 choice."

Written after the Tuesday proceedings of Trade week...
http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/story/0,21985,22560948-11088,00.html

"It's believed the Blues and the Eagles have tentatively agreed to swap pick No. 3 and West Australian-born key forward, Josh Kennedy.

The clubs are still in discussion about Carlton's pick No. 20 and a swap for West Coast's pick No. 30."

So who is delusional? Not me!
Your articles are opinion pieces written by journos who like you and the other Carlton trolls are stating opinios as facts. See the part where it says 'It is believed' that means the journo thinks this is what has occured.

The article I quoted was from Loxley (Kennedys manager) himself, who would have a better understanding of what was going on than you or I wold, so while it is pretty hard to dispute what the kids manager has to say about the deal I must give you credit you're in there giving it your best shot.

Finally so there is no confusion about it let me re quote:

West Coast has inquired about Kennedy, a West Australian, and appears keen to make him part of the package for Judd — along with draft picks — but the Blues, at this stage, have not put the 20-year-old key forward on the table.

The Blues have offered only picks three and 20, while West Coast still wants pick No. 1 in the deal, but first pick might not be so crucial if Kennedy is thrown into the deal.

Nowhere does it say it is believed, instead words like has, have, have not are used to indicate what did happen not what the journo believed happened. Thats the difference between your attempt to still convince us of something that clearly did not happen.

Your articles are opinion pieces written by journos who like you and the other Carlton trolls are stating opinios as facts. See the part where it says 'It is believed' that means the journo thinks this is what has occured.

The article I quoted was from Loxley (Kennedys manager) himself, who would have a better understanding of what was going on than you or I wold, so while it is pretty hard to dispute what the kids manager has to say about the deal I must give you credit you're in there giving it your best shot.

Finally so there is no confusion about it let me re quote:

West Coast has inquired about Kennedy, a West Australian, and appears keen to make him part of the package for Judd — along with draft picks — but the Blues, at this stage, have not put the 20-year-old key forward on the table.

The Blues have offered only picks three and 20, while West Coast still wants pick No. 1 in the deal, but first pick might not be so crucial if Kennedy is thrown into the deal.

Nowhere does it say it is believed, instead words like has, have, have not are used to indicate what did happen not what the journo believed happened. Thats the difference between your attempt to still convince us of something that clearly did not happen.

Your source is still an article with clips from a conversation from Kennedys Manager who himself said he is not privy to a lot of the discussions. How do you throw all your beans behind Kennedys manager? Connors up until about finals time was still quoted on Triple M and in the papers as saying as Judd was staying at WCE, yet all your delusional supporters along with WCE believe there was something sinister in there and that Carlton poached him mid year... how can you trust a manager, his clients interests are at heart and at the end of the day he tried to create a massive sob story, which once over Kennedy faced the media and appeared to be wrapt to be home... hmmm

Let me make it a little more accurate...

1999 - second
2000 - top 4
2001 - top 4

2002 - 16th (no draft)
2003 - 15th (no draft)
2004 - 11th (draft year #1)
2005 - 16th (draft year #2)
2006 - 16th (draft year #3)
2007 - 15th (10th*)
2008 - top 8*

So you see we have only been rebuilding for 3 years. And ALL experts agree we have a lot of quality on our list now (i.e. a successful rebuild), and the most raw talent in the AFL in fact. A 3 year rebuild is a pretty fine effort I would have thought. Anyway, back to the question that NO Tiges supporter wants to answer. Are you happy with Miller's list management over the past several years? yes or no? :)
not quite right you lot did take andrew walker in 2003 with priority selection pick2.
and parrot let me thank you for pointing out millers truly abysmal list management since his first draft in 2002. ive been trying to get tiger supporters to have a serious look at what hes done for yrs. unfortunately it seems the majority wish to live with their heads in the sand.

the litany of poor decisions has continued this yr. morton and mcmahon both skinny outside flankers of which the rfc have plenty of and miller gives up picks 19 and 35 for these 2.

its not as if those picks could have and should have been used in the nd on ruckmen kpp or even inside onballers. it these types we are chronically short of.

as of this moment 1 ruckman 2 if you count rookies. 3 kpp who are actually big enough to play kpp.with just 5 other genuine talls on the list. barely enough to put on the field for good structure during a game let alone cover for injury or the players you need in various stages of development.

its laughable that tiger supporters have a go at carltons tall stocks when the simple retort is what talls doe we have..at least carlton have attempted to address their tall stocks they had 24 talls on their lists probably 6 or 8 to many but the lesser types are now starting to be weeded out. imo carlton will be down to 18 talls by the end delistings.

i can say the exact same thing about our inside mids onballers. foley tuck and coughlan if he makes it back cogs and tuck have poor kicking skills to boot.

anyway in answer to your question am i happy with millers list management the answer is an unmitigated no miller needs to be sacked.

Your source is still an article with clips from a conversation from Kennedys Manager who himself said he is not privy to a lot of the discussions. How do you throw all your beans behind Kennedys manager? Connors up until about finals time was still quoted on Triple M and in the papers as saying as Judd was staying at WCE, yet all your delusional supporters along with WCE believe there was something sinister in there and that Carlton poached him mid year... how can you trust a manager, his clients interests are at heart and at the end of the day he tried to create a massive sob story, which once over Kennedy faced the media and appeared to be wrapt to be home... hmmm

The point of my reply was that a lot of Carlton fans are of the belief that Kennedy was part of the deal from day 1, when it is quite clear that he was not, Kennedy was offered only after Miller through 2, 18 & 19/player on the table. That is where the part about Miller keeping Carlton honest comes into it.

Miller forced Carlton to give up something they didn't want to and while he would have preferred you gave up pick 1 instead the loss of Kennedy will hurt Carlton in the future. Remember he was the big KP hope for your club after Whitnall was finished ironic that both left within a week. Now the Blues need to find someone else to do the job Kennedy was going to do.

Regarding Kennedy fronting the media and appearing wrapt to be home have you ever seen a player that was traded from the media and say 'I'm bloody pissed that I'm here, never wanted to come to this club but was forced to by my old club'. How do you think it would have gone down amongst his new team mates if Kennedy had of said something along those lines?

Regarding Kennedy fronting the media and appearing wrapt to be home have you ever seen a player that was traded from the media and say 'I'm bloody pissed that I'm here, never wanted to come to this club but was forced to by my old club'. How do you think it would have gone down amongst his new team mates if Kennedy had of said something along those lines?

What's to stop the bloke from saying "I am terribly disappointed in the way Carlton have handled this especially after committing them and showing my loyalty, it was a real kick in the guts and they should be ashamed... however after contemplating it for the last day I am wrapt to be home, closer to my parents and I am looking forward to experiencing some great times in a long career at the WCE."

He could of taken that pot shot but he didn't, hence the fact that he was quite happy to return home and that his manager was playing the sympathy card.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

...Miller forced Carlton to give up something they didn't want to and while he would have preferred you gave up pick 1 instead the loss of Kennedy will hurt...

lol. Miller stuffed up big time. The fact is he couldn't convince Judd to nominate the Tiges, and therefore couldn't trade with the Weagles - hence no Judd, and no pressure on the deal between the Blues and Weagles, so the Blues kept pick #1 and Kruezer and got Judd. And you know that of course. Miller should be sacked for monumental this stuff-up. Quite hilarious. :)

Miller forced Carlton to give up something they didn't want to and while he would have preferred you gave up pick 1 instead the loss of Kennedy will hurt Carlton in the future. Remember he was the big KP hope for your club after Whitnall was finished ironic that both left within a week. Now the Blues need to find someone else to do the job Kennedy was going to do.

explain to me why "keeping Carlton honest" was in Millers best interest? Even if they did force Carlton to trade Kennedy (a WA boy was always going to be a part of the trade) why was Miller so intent on this happening? You would of thought Millers best interests were to try and prop up the Richmond list... maybe actually get Hooper to sign, or get Brennan to Richmond without having to resort to the PSD (which he may not be in after all) I don't understand how Richmond could be happy with this ploy.

Santa claws summed it up well, out of the trade week Miller managed to secure Mitch Morton and Jordan McMahon... both similar players to which you didn't need. Cameron Wood or even a Brennan is more of what you needed, what Carlton and WCE were doing shouldn't have been so high on his list of things to worry about IMO.

explain to me why "keeping Carlton honest" was in Millers best interest? Even if they did force Carlton to trade Kennedy (a WA boy was always going to be a part of the trade) why was Miller so intent on this happening? You would of thought Millers best interests were to try and prop up the Richmond list... maybe actually get Hooper to sign, or get Brennan to Richmond without having to resort to the PSD (which he may not be in after all) I don't understand how Richmond could be happy with this ploy.

Santa claws summed it up well, out of the trade week Miller managed to secure Mitch Morton and Jordan McMahon... both similar players to which you didn't need. Cameron Wood or even a Brennan is more of what you needed, what Carlton and WCE were doing shouldn't have been so high on his list of things to worry about IMO.
Because Carlton are an up and coming list like Richmonds so why would they want them to get Judd under price, i.e. giving up 2 draft picks only. As I explained he forced you to give up something extra to secure Judd.

As for McMahon and Morton both are highly skilled ball users, which is something Richmond desperately needs and would be just about certain best 22 players next year.

Cameron Wood would have been great to pick up in trade week but pick 18 was not going to get it done. It took a player like Travis Johnstone to secure him and Tivendale just don't cut it as a substitute for him. Brennan would have required a lot more than that IMO to get him in trade week. Better off not selling out the future by paying too much for him, i.e. pick 2. Better off taking a chance he might fall through to the PSD and take him for free, if not we then look for a player to fill a hole on the list like Richards who although not the best ruckman going around will give us some protection and help for Pattison if Simmonds goes down again.

lol. Miller stuffed up big time. The fact is he couldn't convince Judd to nominate the Tiges, and therefore couldn't trade with the Weagles - hence no Judd, and no pressure on the deal between the Blues and Weagles, so the Blues kept pick #1 and Kruezer and got Judd. And you know that of course. Miller should be sacked for monumental this stuff-up. Quite hilarious. :)

Here is a scenario for you.

Carlton and Richmond are hanging out at the AFL nightclub.

Carlton is wearing the pink shirt, chest exposed, tight leather pants, drinking girls cocktails and has the keys to his Porsche hangin out his pocket.

Richmond is there with his mates, having a few beers and just kicking back.

In walks this hot chick, Chris Judd.

Carlton and Richmond both have a talk to her, Judd is a gold digger type, looking for a rich sucker he can mooch off.

Richmond gets knocked back, he goes back to his mates and keeps drinking.

Carlton gets sucked in, buying Judd expensive drinks, thinking Judd is attracted to him, when she is only after his money. Judd and Carlton go for a ride in his Porsche, then it gets ugly...

Remove this Banner Ad

Miller, dead set Genius

Remove this Banner Ad

Back