Millewa 2010 season

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Re: 2010 season

Clearance list says William and Jack.... what news do you have on him Rotten, can he play a bit? My mail is he goes very well.

The boy can play. Very versatile can play anywhere, however played up foward for Cohuna and carved it up, Great pick up for Cardy will probaly win a few games off his own boot, however the travel will get the better of them, and with clearances deadline June 30 - dont be surprised if they dont stay.

The boy can play. Very versatile can play anywhere, however played up foward for Cohuna and carved it up, Great pick up for Cardy will probaly win a few games off his own boot, however the travel will get the better of them, and with clearances deadline June 30 - dont be surprised if they dont stay.

From what i hear they are there for the year that is from talking to thier uncle they are not gettin paid anything either is the word out at cardy but dont know for sure just what i heard as cardy have no money to pay players

From what i hear they are there for the year that is from talking to thier uncle they are not gettin paid anything either is the word out at cardy but dont know for sure just what i heard as cardy have no money to pay players
Apparently the coach was able to source private sponsorship for them through work contacts and i know for a fact they are getting flights paid for.
It goes something like this - I'll sell you this item worth $1 for 80cents so long as you sponsor these blokes to the tune of 15cents....
Good concept however if they are here for 1 year I still believe the money could have been spent better on existing players or other locals in the hope of retaining them..... Or more importantly facilities!!!!!!!!!!!
Well sounds like he's a gun, look forward to watching him play, Cardy look set for very big year... hope they can beat Bambill, it's been a while.

Apparently the coach was able to source private sponsorship for them through work contacts and i know for a fact they are getting flights paid for.
It goes something like this - I'll sell you this item worth $1 for 80cents so long as you sponsor these blokes to the tune of 15cents....
sounds like an illegal activity, especially if what you are selling isnt yours to begin with

sounds like an illegal activity, especially if what you are selling isnt yours to begin with
Nah not if you have discretion over the pricing structure anyway, if you are permited to sell something within a certain range and choose to for the lowest end of the scale then it's all above board

Nah not if you have discretion over the pricing structure anyway, if you are permited to sell something within a certain range and choose to for the lowest end of the scale then it's all above board
whats peoples thought on who will take the 4 points in round 1?

whats peoples thought on who will take the 4 points in round 1?
Whats yours?

Golly Vs Bambill - Golly by plenty! Bambill don't seem to have had a great pre season but no doubt will improve as the rounds go on. Still a quality side but Golly in a league of their own this season.
Werrimull Vs Nangiloc - Not much news filters out of Nangi other then the clearance page, don't look like they'll be as strong as last year and i have to tip Werrimull anyway.
Cardross Vs Euston - Cardy have picked up heaps. They still have some duds but some gun recruits in Ransome, Rolfe boys(guns by all reports), Frenchy if he plays then they get some added class from Page & Keato. Look to be huge improvers on last season.

unfortuantly it looks like nangi are going to have around 3 out for round 1 due to work commitments and a couple of injuries. All would be certain starters any other week. There is some news for you ;)

The way you have described it , it still sound dodgy and if i was an owner of a business I wouldnt take lightly to something like that happening.
Lets see....
Say i have a box of ..........( for an example) Oranges.
I will sell you this box for $15.00, usually $20.00
But i can sell them at this price just for you. cause Im nice.

Thats what the boss sees.

He doesnt know that I have brokered a deal that If i sell them to you at $15.00, you are going to give my friend $5.00

Thats what your telling right?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The way you have described it , it still sound dodgy and if i was an owner of a business I wouldnt take lightly to something like that happening.
Lets see....
Say i have a box of ..........( for an example) Oranges.
I will sell you this box for $15.00, usually $20.00
But i can sell them at this price just for you. cause Im nice.

Thats what the boss sees.

He doesnt know that I have brokered a deal that If i sell them to you at $15.00, you are going to give my friend $5.00

Thats what your telling right?
It's probably not the dodgiest thing to ever be done when raising funds for a club but in a nutshell or orange peel;) thats what i'm told.......i have been told things in the past however that haven't always been spot on so i won't say it's fact but will happily pass along the rumour

can you give us some names?

i dont think that would be appropiate at this stage.
We did have a good hit out on the weekend with some team over near loxton. (i still dont know the name of that team lol) Was happy with the preformances of the new players. Looking forward to the season finally getting here after a long pre season

i dont think that would be appropiate at this stage.
We did have a good hit out on the weekend with some team over near loxton. (i still dont know the name of that team lol) Was happy with the preformances of the new players. Looking forward to the season finally getting here after a long pre season
so who played well can you tell us that ?:confused:

Ok so who are you expecting big years from and who will be covering the forward load now Reed has gone back to Reddy?

Im hoping all of our players will have big years. I dont expect any of them to have shit ones....odd question really

No doubt Reedy is a talented footballer. so to fill that hole. we will try and use the center half forward and full forwards to be big targets with the likes of the pockets to crumb. and maybe some running goals from the onballers.

Im hoping all of our players will have big years. I dont expect any of them to have shit ones....odd question really

No doubt Reedy is a talented footballer. so to fill that hole. we will try and use the center half forward and full forwards to be big targets with the likes of the pockets to crumb. and maybe some running goals from the onballers.
You for real?:confused: Your telling me you have never heard anyone ask that question? Rightio I'll break it down for you... Who do you think, with improvement still ahead of them will be a better player this year and have a positive influence on your results more so then they did last season or seasons past in general? These players could also have battled injuries last season, played elsewhere or had ordinary seasons. Still an odd question?:confused:

Big forwards with crumbers and hopefully some goals from the midfield.... hrmm sounds like every teams wish list.

Tansley Hill is coach of Walpeup Underbool this year. How did he go up there and what can the Mallee league expect to see out of him

You for real?:confused: Your telling me you have never heard anyone ask that question? Rightio I'll break it down for you... Who do you think, with improvement still ahead of them will be a better player this year and have a positive influence on your results more so then they did last season or seasons past in general? These players could also have battled injuries last season, played elsewhere or had ordinary seasons. Still an odd question?:confused:

Big forwards with crumbers and hopefully some goals from the midfield.... hrmm sounds like every teams wish list.

I not going to specualate on any individuals at the club. The fact is there is a lot of crap on this board during the pre season. I honnestly dont know how we are going to stack up against everyone else until we start playing. We have lost some players and gained some players. I guess we will all know more in around 6 weeks

I not going to specualate on any individuals at the club. The fact is there is a lot of crap on this board during the pre season. I honnestly dont know how we are going to stack up against everyone else until we start playing. We have lost some players and gained some players. I guess we will all know more in around 6 weeks
Well i look forward to some enlightening posts in the future, basically you have logged on to give no opinion or insight....:thumbsu: Thats ok i'll see them Saturday

Tansley Hill is coach of Walpeup Underbool this year. How did he go up there and what can the Mallee league expect to see out of him
watched the whole game admittedly from the ouyen side of the fence and couldnt tell what number he wore. far from a standout although some of their other imports looked alright [ from sfl mainly i believe] slorach markham

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back