Millewa Football League 2006 - end of 2008

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Millewa Football League

The best player award is not an acurate award. How can a player who is given votes from the opposition who has played in a side beated by 150points and not in the top dozen players on the ground possibly be given an award titled 'best player'. There are some days where it is really difficult to find an opposition player to give the votes to. The league medal is an accurate result but the 'best player' award should be given a totally different title. Perhaps the coaches should award the best 3 players on the ground votes, not having to choose a player for the sake of choosing a player who realistically does not deserve to accolade of 'best player' on the day.

There are pros & cons for every award ever given. There is no perfect solution & in the end it is an opinion that is all. Much like the league medal is the umpires opinion of who is the best for that particular year! They aren't necessarily the best to give the award but they unbiased;). Most footballers like to be recognised by their peers. Which makes this award good for what it is. So don't shoot down the person who may win it from a lower club, he may well have been very consistent and well performed on an individual level not team level.

Consistent and well performed on an individual level not a tem level ....... that is when club B & F's are for. Not league 'best player'.
Moving on..........Golly to beat the Pies? Pies in trouble without Sharmo and Mensch surely must be unlikely to play. Golly too many big forwads and stronger midfield. Should be a close one. Good weather, all goes well for good footy.

Consistent and well performed on an individual level and not team level ......... that is why we have club B & F's, not league 'best player'.
Moving on .... Golly to beat Pies? Too many big forwards , stronger midfield (Sharmo big loss) and Meggsy has to do far too much on his own. Should be a close game but Goly have more avenues to goal.

OK, havent been on here for a while.
did anyone miss me?

Skeet, i have a soft spot for Cardross, because i like the way the club pulled together from virtually folding to getting themself out of shit, and i think that deserves a bit of respect.
But........

The school boy $aints or the Chaffey chap$ (as they like to be known now) have been the best paid side all...........sorry..... have been the best side all year.
Cardross have no ruck division at all.
time for serious recruiting from the lions next year, just need some finishing touches on the list but as we all see from the Chaffey Chap$, it will take some coin.

Gol gol could beat the pies at home

Chaffey Chap$? Are you referring to Werrimull or Bambill? Werrimull train at Chaffey, Bambill at the Senior College...

OK, havent been on here for a while.
did anyone miss me?

Skeet, i have a soft spot for Cardross, because i like the way the club pulled together from virtually folding to getting themself out of shit, and i think that deserves a bit of respect.
But........

The school boy $aints or the Chaffey chap$ (as they like to be known now) have been the best paid side all...........sorry..... have been the best side all year.
Cardross have no ruck division at all.
time for serious recruiting from the lions next year, just need some finishing touches on the list but as we all see from the Chaffey Chap$, it will take some coin.

Gol gol could beat the pies at home
why do you think golly will win?? only because they have the home ground advantage or other reasons aswell???

it was this game last yr when werrimull and golly met.. it started out to be a hard clash and the pies pushing it right up to the odds on favourites until the worst thing that could eva happen in footy happend!!!!!!!! how do you think the pies will go tomorrow??? spoke to a few of the pie boys and they seem confident without being over confident... pies by 17 and "morgs mob" by 85 points for me

why do you think golly will win?? only because they have the home ground advantage or other reasons aswell???

sorry, i didnt get to read your post till now.
so whatever i say now doesnt really matter
Gol Gol 8.5, 13.6, 20.12, 25.16 (166)
Werrmull 1.0 2.2, 3.4, 4.5 (29)

I didnt go today, but gol gol are one of the best sides to not get sucked into chasing balls.
They hold there positions, as seen in the "wall" they play.
And have always played that way.
This plan is an each way bet.
they just lack the running ball carriers that had last year.

Another team that plays the wall, are the school boy$

they also hold positions and dont go chasing ball.
Its not new. Its not mind blowing stuff.
in fact the schoolies have always played the wall

The opposite is Cardross.
their plan is all or nothing
they run , and keep running forward.
with no acountability through the midfield

And often this leaves the backline exposed and without midfield help down back

This looks great when it comes off and it often tires the weaker teams
but it fails when they play against the real good football teams that hold positions.

Werrimull are just plodders to me.

Good win by Golly. Would have to just start favourites over Cardross next Saturday. Big targets up forward and Cardy had a couple of backmen go down and certainly will not come up for next game. Lack of scoring options by Cardy will hurt. Good game to unfold with both teams pretty even.

I would hate to see it happen in the grand final but i think the only way to slow the saint machine would be flood their foward line. It would make a ugly game but Euston did it the other week with only 16 players ( i think ) and it drove them bananas. No one has the pace to run with them even though Cardy gave it a crack on Sunday I see no other way.

I would hate to see it happen in the grand final but i think the only way to slow the saint machine would be flood their foward line. It would make a ugly game but Euston did it the other week with only 16 players ( i think ) and it drove them bananas. No one has the pace to run with them even though Cardy gave it a crack on Sunday I see no other way.

You would only slow them down, and make for a very poor game to watch.

Who ever gets in might as well start their piss up early and not even bother with the trip out to the lake.

You will only have to put up with all the Saints supporters standing around crapping on about how good they are.

I couldnt see Cardy flooding when they havent played that way all year.
Asking abit much to change to a new plan now.
If they were going to try it, you would think they would give it a run last week.

I didnt see the game, so did they?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You would only slow them down, and make for a very poor game to watch.

Who ever gets in might as well start their piss up early and not even bother with the trip out to the lake.

You will only have to put up with all the Saints supporters standing around crapping on about how good they are.

To ture. On Sunday you could see red polo shirts down the whole wing with the Saints rent a crowd dishing out high fives to each other. The only two blokes who have stuck by them over the last 3 lean years has been Peter Wheelbarrow and Andy Stanbrook.
On Brendon Mc's speach at the medal count in regards to making the leauge evener, do you think if it was Cardy dishing out floggings on top of the ladder the speach would have been different.

To ture. On Sunday you could see red polo shirts down the whole wing with the Saints rent a crowd dishing out high fives to each other. The only two blokes who have stuck by them over the last 3 lean years has been Peter Wheelbarrow and Andy Stanbrook.
On Brendon Mc's speach at the medal count in regards to making the leauge evener, do you think if it was Cardy dishing out floggings on top of the ladder the speach would have been different.
Cant spell ment Too true!! at the start

Any rumblings about 'ins' and 'outs' for Saturday? Cardy had a couple go down during the game but not too sure about Golly. Anyone missing from either side last week that will make a difference this week? Should be a close one!

Any rumblings about 'ins' and 'outs' for Saturday? Cardy had a couple go down during the game but not too sure about Golly. Anyone missing from either side last week that will make a difference this week? Should be a close one!

Regardless of whos in and whos out I'm backing old golly to come through with the goods. Cardy haven't got it mate.

Looked like Peter Cooper went down with a knee and the first time all year Golly had 4 on the bench. Strange what finals fever does for a club.

Any one got any ideas on how you could make the league even.
salary caps, points systems, you could try all those things, but our league is uninque, 1 side no juniors and a heap of netballers, it comes back to the individual clubs how they control where they are heading. i know at our club as long as we are finacially sound and our jumper is running around then we are going ok, we have been in recession before and a fair bit goes back in to get going again. don't get me wrong would love to play in another flag, but what is the point of buying one and being viable for 1 more year and then going belly up, would like to see the comp even up as well as maintaing 7 sides, i have played in a comp with 5 sides and it was a joke at the end.
golly to win this weekend, more discplined

salary caps, points systems, you could try all those things, but our league is uninque, 1 side no juniors and a heap of netballers, it comes back to the individual clubs how they control where they are heading. i know at our club as long as we are finacially sound and our jumper is running around then we are going ok, we have been in recession before and a fair bit goes back in to get going again. don't get me wrong would love to play in another flag, but what is the point of buying one and being viable for 1 more year and then going belly up, would like to see the comp even up as well as maintaing 7 sides, i have played in a comp with 5 sides and it was a joke at the end.
golly to win this weekend, more discplined

Is there really an answer to this question? No juniors!! where do the players come from, at the end of the day ever single player is recruited from somewhere. Stronger the club ($$$)(club culture, like Gol Gol over the last few years)the better the players the club is able to attract. I think it is as simple as that.
Bambill this year, good money = good players. (doesn't always work I know)

Is there really an answer to this question? No juniors!! where do the players come from, at the end of the day ever single player is recruited from somewhere. Stronger the club ($$$)(club culture, like Gol Gol over the last few years)the better the players the club is able to attract. I think it is as simple as that.
Bambill this year, good money = good players. (doesn't always work I know)

The reserves comp in town is struggling for numbers, so why not disband this comp and use the Millewa as a feeder comp to senior SFL football. Each club could be aligned (eg Red Cliffs/Nangiloc). At the moment the junior football league has 2 teams from each club (eg U/14's & U/14 colts) until U/18's, so we lose approx 50 junior players each year from U/16's to U/18's. We could make the Millewa a younger more vibrant comp and be used as a stepping stone to senior SFL football if we can harness these players.

The reserves comp in town is struggling for numbers, so why not disband this comp and use the Millewa as a feeder comp to senior SFL football. Each club could be aligned (eg Red Cliffs/Nangiloc). At the moment the junior football league has 2 teams from each club (eg U/14's & U/14 colts) until U/18's, so we lose approx 50 junior players each year from U/16's to U/18's. We could make the Millewa a younger more vibrant comp and be used as a stepping stone to senior SFL football if we can harness these players.
i spoke to a bloke that is keen to take over from macca, who said he would attempt to align millewa clubs with junior sfl clubs, for the purpose of creating a flow through effect, more people involved with millewa teams for general roles, the downside to his argument was he was only considering playing the older age kids on the saturaday and younger remain sunday comp, difficult as many parents may have kids in both catergories.

i spoke to a bloke that is keen to take over from macca, who said he would attempt to align millewa clubs with junior sfl clubs, for the purpose of creating a flow through effect, more people involved with millewa teams for general roles, the downside to his argument was he was only considering playing the older age kids on the saturaday and younger remain sunday comp, difficult as many parents may have kids in both catergories.

Why would any junior SFL club align with a Millewa club? Yeah good for the Millewa but not for the Senior SFL clubs who would not allow it.

Maybe I don't understand what you are saying can you clarify for me please.

Do you mean a junior MFL league or something else?

Why would any junior SFL club align with a Millewa club? Yeah good for the Millewa but not for the Senior SFL clubs who would not allow it.

Maybe I don't understand what you are saying can you clarify for me please.

Do you mean a junior MFL league or something else?
i pressume he was looking at it as a feeder type set up where the focus is to keep millewa sides viable with volunteers to help run the clubs and maybe have a kick since it is just bush footy, kids naturally go to the sfl alliance once graduated and progress through, if they get to a point where they don't want to play in town they can go back to the millewa affilate, it would help with the fall out rate of footy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back