Millewa Football League 2006 - end of 2008

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Millewa Football League

yes it will be.. any players that you think will go back??i mean anybody that you think are to good to be out in the bush? werrimul have a lot of merbein blokes and bambil have a lot of south blokes,could change the comp right around next yr.. ok time to start giving our predictions about leauge medalist goal kicking and put in a team of the yr.. come on boys dont be shy

It looks like there will be a few go back to Merbein from Werrimull at this stage, Mark Duscher would be a very handy addition back in their ranks if he decides to go. I believe he may also win the goal kicking, but it is a very tight race and any number of 5-6 players could win. League medallist Aaron McClelland from Ben Casey and Bambill to have a record amount of votes. Team of the year may as well be the whole Bambill team, any team with 619% deserves to have every player nominated.

Bambill have had an average score against this season of 25.5 points with the highest score kicked against them being 46 points (this by Euston who won't play finals), which makes the whole competition a little bit pointless! Their % is nearly double that of any team in the VCFL (Tatyoon 348% in the Mininera & District League are closest). Their move into Mildura will only make them stronger at the expense of the competition as a whole. How long will teams who are struggling be able to cope? Time will tell.

[/i]

Sorry about that boys. I can see that your site is jam packed with excitment!!! Can't wait to read the one or two posts each week? Maybe you boys could share the one or two computers you have up in your parts around a bit more! Or if it is more convenient i could give you the number for Harvey norman. Apparently they are having a sale on computers. Then you could have one each!!

Hey spiderweb you must be the only person who has no interest in your own comp.:confused: Anyone else would've been talking their own comp up in comparison to ours, but you don't seem to do it much. Which could mean one of two things:
1. Your comp is boring you and you see the same results week in week out and you can no longer watch, it so you go elsewhere for satisfaction.
Or
2. Your'e one of those guys that just need some one to talk to.

If the latter is the case you might want to look into one of those other websites for deep and meaningful discussions.
You taking a dip at everyone of us up here about our lack of computers shows you're already at the end of this discussion as it no longer has footytalk in mind.

Very uninteresting post which ever way you look at it!:thumbsdown:

Looks as though the sides fighting it out in the finals are going to go the way most have predicted.

BAMBi$$ Vs Cardrott in which the result will only go one way with a 80pt plus victory to BAMBi$$. To strong all over the ground and flag favourite by a country mile!

Gol Gol Vs Werrimull will be a far better & closer game with the magpies strength in the Midfield & Forward line just getting them over the line by 20pts. If they lose (Gol Gol) it will be the first time in 4 yrs they have not made the granny.:thumbsu:

Well done to Meggsy who has hit form at the right time an snuck up to win the GK again with Hubble.

Hopefully he might bring the medal home as well this year.
If not i would say one of BAMBi$$ midfield will win it (McClelland/Casey or Millson).

Very uninteresting post which ever way you look at it!:thumbsdown:

Looks as though the sides fighting it out in the finals are going to go the way most have predicted.

BAMBi$$ Vs Cardrott in which the result will only go one way with a 80pt plus victory to BAMBi$$. To strong all over the ground and flag favourite by a country mile!

Gol Gol Vs Werrimull will be a far better & closer game with the magpies strength in the Midfield & Forward line just getting them over the line by 20pts. If they lose (Gol Gol) it will be the first time in 4 yrs they have not made the granny.:thumbsu:

Well done to Meggsy who has hit form at the right time an snuck up to win the GK again with Hubble.

Hopefully he might bring the medal home as well this year.
If not i would say one of BAMBi$$ midfield will win it (McClelland/Casey or Millson).

This is the way the finals will shape up, but there is still a round to go and a lot of interest in who will win the goalkicking as Bambill take on Werrimull! With Milsom, Hall, Hubble & Meggs all within 5 goals. Will Bambill target one player and get him over the line? or can Meggs continue his journey and be Werrimulls one man band again?

The most interesting game could probably be a Nangiloc where the battle for the wooden spoon will be fought! Should be a close game!

Looks like Bambill have got it in the bag. They flogged Werrimull by more points than they beat Euston by with 15 men on the field...... ha ha ha. Maybe they don't have to play their qualifying finals matches and just go into the Grand Final!! Surely there isn't a team who can beat them now is there? I see Cardy aren't talkin themselves up anymore after they got smashed... ha ha ha.

Makes a real joke of the league Bambill being able to beat a top 4 side by over 200 points on the eve of the finals! This is not good for the league a team should never finish with a % of 663 at the end of the season, who is going to turn up at the lake to watch another one sided Grand Final?

Looks like Bambill have got it in the bag. They flogged Werrimull by more points than they beat Euston by with 15 men on the field...... ha ha ha. Maybe they don't have to play their qualifying finals matches and just go into the Grand Final!! Surely there isn't a team who can beat them now is there? I see Cardy aren't talkin themselves up anymore after they got smashed... ha ha ha.

I'll bite you goose!
When have Cardy talked themselves up?? Take all the pot shots you want but be assured Cardy will be turning up to play during the finals. If Cardy get beaten then congrats to Bambill or who ever beats them because they deserve it. In finals footy strangher things have happened!

Skeeterman, you are right, stranger things can happen in the finals. It all comes down to who is better prepared on the day, who has less injuries and just a bit of luck never goes astray. Do not write off Golly yet. Still think they are a real good chance to make it to the last game of the year!!!

I'll bite you goose!
When have Cardy talked themselves up?? Take all the pot shots you want but be assured Cardy will be turning up to play during the finals. If Cardy get beaten then congrats to Bambill or who ever beats them because they deserve it. In finals footy strangher things have happened!

Would be strange if anyone gets near Bambi$$ by 80pts+.

Cardy/Werrimull & Gol Gol will be fighting for a place in the granny just to finish off the year and have a good mad monday with team mates.

Don't kid yourself Skeet as you have as much chance of beating Bambi$$ as you do of winning lotto. Buckleys..............

Disappointing yes but thats life and until something is done by the league administrators to help make the weak stronger & the stronger weaker this pure dominance will continue until the league folds.

It will get to hard for these weaker clubs and the easy option will be to pull up stumps. Take Nangiloc for example. Out for 1 year and flogged each game bar a few.

Who in there right mind will head to the lake to watch Bambi$$ vs ??.
Regardless who it is the crowd will be dominated by the saints supporters/family & friends with a few other die hards.

This thread will always be negative when the score line resembles what it did on Saturday. 1st vs 4th= 200+ points boo...........:thumbsdown:

I'll bite you goose!

First of all I wasn't looking for a bite from anyone, but its good to see that someone doesn't see the funny side of my conversation.

Mate, I distinctly remember a Cardross write up in the newspaper tellin everyone that they were the only team to challenge Bambill in the comp and I believe Scotty Carter was in the picture under the heading.....ha ha ha.

If Werrimull were to play you in one of the finals games I reckon they would give you a very good run for your money and they might've even came away with an upset because their forwards are starting to string a few together.

I think that this one horse race was over a long time ago when they played everyone the first time round and it seemed no one was goin to challenge them. You should be happy that Cardy have finished up second!

Lets be realistic here you honestly don't think that Cardy are goin create an upset do you?? ha ha ha ha ha ha
Mate this year the only team who has kicked the highest amount of points is in fith position, not the second ... ha ha ha. So you're argument about challenging them in the GF is pointless!! Now you sound like a goose!!

I'll bite you goose!

First of all I wasn't looking for a bite from anyone, but its good to see that someone doesn't see the funny side of my conversation.

Mate, I distinctly remember a Cardross write up in the newspaper tellin everyone that they were the only team to challenge Bambill in the comp and I believe Scotty Carter was in the picture under the heading.....ha ha ha.

If Werrimull were to play you in one of the finals games I reckon they would give you a very good run for your money and they might've even came away with an upset because their forwards are starting to string a few together.

I think that this one horse race was over a long time ago when they played everyone the first time round and it seemed no one was goin to challenge them. You should be happy that Cardy have finished up second!

Lets be realistic here you honestly don't think that Cardy are goin create an upset do you?? ha ha ha ha ha ha
Mate this year the only team who has kicked the highest amount of points is in fith position, not the second ... ha ha ha. So you're argument about challenging them in the GF is pointless!! Now you sound like a goose!!

I doubled it up so you can read it twice to get it through your head!!

1. We don't write the headlines in the paper
2.Any team we play in the finals will be a challenge as we have had good games against all
3.I beleive our backline is strong and in better form then Werrimulls forward line although you never discount Duscher
4. I am happy we finsheed second, great effort by the boys

A question for you - do you expect us to forfeight or something? We have to play them so why wouldn't we have a crack and try to win? For you to bag me for saying we will be trying our hardest regardless of how good they are is pretty lame.

Tobe realistic as you asked, they are the best side in the comp proven by their standing on the ladder, but I really don't give a shit as it doesn't change the fact we play them and will be trying to win.

If that makes me sound like a goose then so be it but you would be flying in formation with me!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

1. We don't write the headlines in the paper
2.Any team we play in the finals will be a challenge as we have had good games against all
3.I beleive our backline is strong and in better form then Werrimulls forward line although you never discount Duscher
4. I am happy we finsheed second, great effort by the boys

Look Skeet we are just putting facts and possible scenario's to the thread as this is why it is here.

If you don't agree with it well thats fine as it is only an opinion.

If you read my previous post i was quiet frank in saying that Bambi$$ will win and win easy. Thats my opinion!!

I have only seen a half a game this year and it was between Bambi$$ & Gol Gol at the college and it was the worst one sided game i have ever seen.

20+ Goals to 2 was the result of a game against a 3 time premiership side that had not been beaten in 3 yrs of footy. Plus look at what happen last week against Werrimull.

Yes it is a different game come finals but if you don't have the cattle then its very hard to see you being able to match it with these guys.

In my opinion you don't have the cattle and neither does any other sides in the comp to match it with Bambi$$ on any day as there fitness, height, midfield, backline & forwards (Whole side) are so good. Compared to other sides like yours that rely on so few to get you through like the following(Easty/Cooper/Carter/Fotherington/Dallasanta etc) but then you have holes in your backline & forward line and little numbers to make up on the bench plus fitness which will play a role in the warmer conditions.

If you can knock them off then you have all the bullets you need to throw it back in our faces.

Good luck with it Skeet as you are going to need it!!:D

Looks like the Pies and Hawks game on Sunday maybe played with 18 per side. Golly has been unalbe to get 22 for a game for most of the year and word is the pies are going in without Sharmo and Menchy. Should be game of the day as I think from 2.30pm onwards she will be a one horse show. No skeeter you are not the horse.

Looks like the Pies and Hawks game on Sunday maybe played with 18 per side. Golly has been unalbe to get 22 for a game for most of the year and word is the pies are going in without Sharmo and Menchy. Should be game of the day as I think from 2.30pm onwards she will be a one horse show. No skeeter you are not the horse.

Now I'd pay money to see a more even contest like that. But old Skeeter there he wants to see if Cardy can pull off the impossible.......ha ha ha. I got a bit of respect for a side like Golly they can lose a few excellent players and still manage to keep their heads above water I'd like to see if Cardy are made from the same material???

To add a bit if interest to the finals banter.
I suppose a lot of you blokes have seen a bit of millewa and sunraysia footy.
Where would bambil rate against all the sfl senior and reserve sides.
Would they beat merbein seniors but get done by the top reserves sides.
I've have not been to a millewa game for a few years.
A bloke told me recently that the millewa did play a composite reserve side in the dim dark past and were beaten easily.
A few clubs have played practice matches with sfl sides .

To add a bit if interest to the finals banter.
I suppose a lot of you blokes have seen a bit of millewa and sunraysia footy.
Where would bambil rate against all the sfl senior and reserve sides.
Would they beat merbein seniors but get done by the top reserves sides.
I've have not been to a millewa game for a few years.
A bloke told me recently that the millewa did play a composite reserve side in the dim dark past and were beaten easily.
A few clubs have played practice matches with sfl sides .

Bambill would beat any reserve side if they are trained to the same intensity. As for beating a senior team, probably not. They would be competitive against the lower sides and maybe on their day get over the line but not on a regular basis. Senior SFL teams have a fitter & younger player base to work with. Gol Gol played Merbein a couple of years back in a practice match at Kenny Park and were well beaten (I think it was about 10 goals). Having played senior, reserves & Millewa footy in the past five years the difference between seniors & reserves is large & the Millewa fits just in between with some good footballers who would get a game of senior football & others who would struggle to play reserves.

OK lads. The McDonald Medal tomorrow night... Anyone game on giving a top three? And MFL Best player and defender? As the results have been hidden for a few weeks, which in my opinion is a great way to do it. Keep people guessing...:D

Bambill would beat any reserve side if they are trained to the same intensity. As for beating a senior team, probably not. They would be competitive against the lower sides and maybe on their day get over the line but not on a regular basis. Senior SFL teams have a fitter & younger player base to work with. Gol Gol played Merbein a couple of years back in a practice match at Kenny Park and were well beaten (I think it was about 10 goals). Having played senior, reserves & Millewa footy in the past five years the difference between seniors & reserves is large & the Millewa fits just in between with some good footballers who would get a game of senior football & others who would struggle to play reserves.

Anyone care to pick a Millewa side to play in the SFL. Lets presume they're fit enough to play at that level.

Results/Leaders for the Best Player and Defender is what I meant...

McDonald - Ben Casey & Mark East tie

Best Player - I find this award not really accurate as it will probably be someone from one of the bottom 3 sides. A bit hard to take when they get smashed by 100+ each week!

Defender - Penny or Cam Lambert as a dark horse

McDonald - Ben Casey & Mark East tie

Best Player - I find this award not really accurate as it will probably be someone from one of the bottom 3 sides. A bit hard to take when they get smashed by 100+ each week!

Defender - Penny or Cam Lambert as a dark horse

Both awards are given in the same manner by the opposition! The best player is an individual award, not a best team award so it is accurate for what it is.

The best player award is not an acurate award. How can a player who is given votes from the opposition who has played in a side beated by 150points and not in the top dozen players on the ground possibly be given an award titled 'best player'. There are some days where it is really difficult to find an opposition player to give the votes to. The league medal is an accurate result but the 'best player' award should be given a totally different title. Perhaps the coaches should award the best 3 players on the ground votes, not having to choose a player for the sake of choosing a player who realistically does not deserve to accolade of 'best player' on the day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back