Millewa Football League 2006 - end of 2008

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Millewa Football League

I think it has been in the paper (although I didn't see it)so not big news, but for others out of the area Jason Wilke (most recently played at Wentworth) to coach Gol Gol.

Has brought a few with him, will make a good coach in MFL

I think it has been in the paper (although I didn't see it)so not big news, but for others out of the area Jason Wilke (most recently played at Wentworth) to coach Gol Gol.

It was printed that along with a few others he was one of the former players that could possibly return as they needed some names and pulled his from the hat.

Gol Gol to make make massive improvement next year although I have heard they are losing a few key players. Penny to Broken Hill, Sharman i hear won't be returning, not sure on Sparra, Dean possibly to the Bulldogs.

someone mentionioned it in the SFL forum!

hope he is!
they are right about most things in there!:thumbsu:

Chris Bounias coaching Cardy next season - Confirmed

the boys should be happy out there.
Cardy have come so close in the last few years, they just need some direction and a game plan that can be followed.
Bounias is well respected out there and maybe this could push them over the edge next year

Well Tubby I reckon Ganey did a pretty good job also but he decided against going round with Cardy again due to a few issues. I reckon he made the right decision.

Rocket you are right there are a couple of players that love Bounias and I truly hope they go well although Bambill and Golly will more then likely be streets ahead.

Personally I would have thought the club would have moved heaven and earth to keep Ganey as he will be back playing again this season and also has the potential to draw players to the club. Lets not forget he was in Balranalds premeirship team which was fairly awesome and Merbeins, along with playing interleague level for SFL. Surprising that you would allow yourself to lose a player with those attributes.

saw Gany pre season drinking! funny fella when he has a few!:thumbsu:
i think at merbein, new committee Merve back he would be in agreat team again!

saw Gany pre season drinking! funny fella when he has a few!:thumbsu:
i think at merbein, new committee Merve back he would be in agreat team again!

dont know bout that. appretly he wanted to goto south for coin but they told him he wass past his time haha. as for merbein what happened to the survival stradegy in the paper a few munths back??? theyv been recruitin all over the place? wont be a repeat of the b2b n than strate bak to the bottom will it... will be an itresting season??

(Log in to remove this ad.)

dont know bout that. appretly he wanted to goto south for coin but they told him he wass past his time haha. as for merbein what happened to the survival stradegy in the paper a few munths back??? theyv been recruitin all over the place? wont be a repeat of the b2b n than strate bak to the bottom will it... will be an itresting season??

premierships hey? imperials never cared how many they won! so why not merbein? bout time they get a few more in a row and become a FORCE to be reckond wit!!!!!!!!!!!!!:p

premierships hey? imperials never cared how many they won! so why not merbein? bout time they get a few more in a row and become a FORCE to be reckond wit!!!!!!!!!!!!!:p

imperials have built a steady base to attract players n be competitve! not jsut go all out for a yr n be good n than hit rock bottom

Imps may pay a fortune! hickey's wouldn't of played for nothin! stewy carr kept comin back for $$$$$$$
good luck to em ! but go the pies! merve back in action!

any news on recuits and coaches for millewa league? gol gol recruiting well. how about werrimul herd they r gunna have a crack this year?

well merbein got half the werrimull side and most of the millewa as well!:thumbsu:
Pies back to back 08-09
no mate merbein havent got half of the werrimull side and definately not half of the millewa.... the bush sides are going to find it tuff enough next yr and they definately need some support.... werrimull is a very professionaly ran club considering its only bush footy...so many people willing to help out... i would advise anybody who was considering going out to that leauge to pull the black and white on... werrimull will recruit well and will be a part of finals action again next yr...

i belive werrimull are a good club to be involved with they shouod attract some plaers... merbein think they r gettin everyone.. just settle down merbein n wait to the first round till we see hoo runs out on the ground....oi football ledgends go spread ya shit in the merbein pub not on here mate

joseph Denaro is returning to his chair as coach of euston. A few other boys from robinvale may also be pullin on the red and the black jumper on in 08, The bombers will defiantly be playing finals footy

joseph Denaro is returning to his chair as coach of euston. A few other boys from robinvale may also be pullin on the red and the black jumper on in 08, The bombers will defiantly be playing finals footy

They may play in the first week, as there is very little competition (they still need to improve a great deal), however they will only get one game in September if at all.

There will b a great deal of improvement, i no that 4 a fact, put them in as my dark horse for the year

It's good that you back your team but realistically they have NO chance. Bambill will be stronger then this year (if that is possible) Gol Gol will improve dramitically other then that the rest are just making up the numbers. Even if they make it to the 2nd week of finals they won't go any further.

In saying that, all the Millewa comp comes down to is teams playing to their potential.
For example when Meringur came up against Bambill last year I don't think they disgraced themselves or anything like that I believe they are genuinely 100-150 points the lesser side (purely an example I don't need Meringur people jumping on here and abusing me).

With sides so unevenly matched and the result most of the time already decided before the bounce teams can only hope to play to their optimum which sadly, in most cases is a long way below the opposition.

It's good that you back your team but realistically they have NO chance. Bambill will be stronger then this year (if that is possible) Gol Gol will improve dramitically other then that the rest are just making up the numbers. Even if they make it to the 2nd week of finals they won't go any further.

In saying that, all the Millewa comp comes down to is teams playing to their potential.
For example when Meringur came up against Bambill last year I don't think they disgraced themselves or anything like that I believe they are genuinely 100-150 points the lesser side (purely an example I don't need Meringur people jumping on here and abusing me).

With sides so unevenly matched and the result most of the time already decided before the bounce teams can only hope to play to their optimum which sadly, in most cases is a long way below the opposition.

This is the problem with the competition, there is way to greater gap between the haves and the have nots. Without any restrictions in place this will continue and probably get even greater. Hopefully they can put a points system in place that can level the playing field a bit, but it may be already be to late.

The main differences between say Gol Gol, Cardross, Bambill and say Euston, Meringur, Werrimull & Nangiloc are money & LOCATION. With these two differences the top three from last season will be the top three for many years to come if they are managed right. The only way the other four can compete is to spend big dollars and we all know this can only last for one maybe two seasons.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back