Millewa Football League 2006 - end of 2008

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Millewa Football League

Mervein have done it agaiin by not looking after their locals, as my son and his mates have just signed up to play for meringur this year. They had more numbers at training than good old mervein, plus i heard that the balranald boys have returned home, which is a shame:rolleyes:

Mervein have done it agaiin by not looking after their locals, as my son and his mates have just signed up to play for meringur this year. They had more numbers at training than good old mervein, plus i heard that the balranald boys have returned home, which is a shame:rolleyes:

Go Meringur!:)

what do you mean by not looking after the locals. pre season has only just commenced. has your son and his mates been up to training with merbein yet or is jumbos bag full of money encouragement enough for the boys to want to shift camp. would be curious to know the true reasons. i bet harry wishes he had the money to 'play with' that the new coaches seem to have at their disposal. he may have been able to put a more competitive team on the park. its one thing for meringur to try and recruit several merbein players, the reality of it all is that only one or two may get cleared go pies!

Lets name all these players that are hoping to go to Meringur. Until names are mentioned it is all 'pie in the sky' talk.

what do you mean by not looking after the locals. pre season has only just commenced. has your son and his mates been up to training with merbein yet or is jumbos bag full of money encouragement enough for the boys to want to shift camp. would be curious to know the true reasons. i bet harry wishes he had the money to 'play with' that the new coaches seem to have at their disposal. he may have been able to put a more competitive team on the park. its one thing for meringur to try and recruit several merbein players, the reality of it all is that only one or two may get cleared go pies!
I agree with you there addicted. There is a good vibe around the club and if you haven't even been down to the club this year how can u make an accusation like that. There is no reason to jump ship before going down and meeting the new coaches and put some hard yards in first. In fact there has been a lot of clubs recruiting merbein players for years so maybe its the pull of money or lack of desire to put in the hard work. Ahh anyway go pies i say!!

I agree with you there addicted. There is a good vibe around the club and if you haven't even been down to the club this year how can u make an accusation like that. There is no reason to jump ship before going down and meeting the new coaches and put some hard yards in first. In fact there has been a lot of clubs recruiting merbein players for years so maybe its the pull of money or lack of desire to put in the hard work. Ahh anyway go pies i say!!
yeah bloody Balranald and and Meringur! they took merbein players away pretty easy didn't they?and didn't give a stuff about merbein!!!!!!!now they arein trouble!!!!!!!!! sob sob!
GO THE PIES!!!!!!!!!!!

Who???

Players that are recruited by opposing SFL teams would be doing the hardwork at there new club, just as hard if not harder then they were at Merbein.
The only players that would be dodging the hardwork would be players that might go to a lesser league such as Millewa.

The majority of players that left merbein were not true pies anyway they had already bounced around leagues and clubs. Merbein were pretty ordinary before the went back to back and after all the ring ins left they were ordinary again.

In saying that i hope they improve which they no doubt will but they only need to look at themselves and stop blaming others as to why people leave.

Players that are recruited by opposing SFL teams would be doing the hardwork at there new club, just as hard if not harder then they were at Merbein.
The only players that would be dodging the hardwork would be players that might go to a lesser league such as Millewa.

The majority of players that left merbein were not true pies anyway they had already bounced around leagues and clubs. Merbein were pretty ordinary before the went back to back and after all the ring ins left they were ordinary again.

In saying that i hope they improve which they no doubt will but they only need to look at themselves and stop blaming others as to why people leave.

Agree, and the Merbein people would do well to shut up and wait for the season to start rather posting constant dribble about players they are getting in from all over the place and then winging about players that are leaving. Pull your heads in for a while (pun intended)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Agree, and the Merbein people would do well to shut up and wait for the season to start rather posting constant dribble about players they are getting in from all over the place and then winging about players that are leaving. Pull your heads in for a while (pun intended)
My post was not intended to say anything about players we were getting, i was responding to ted bullpit ,just that how can somebody say a club isn't looking after them when they probably haven't even been down to training. Just assuming things because there are new coaches isn't the way to go. I'd go as far as saying if that players get looked after well, most of the guys going to millewa are deciding to leave without actually having a look around the place to see the direction we hope to be heading.

My post was not intended to say anything about players we were getting, i was responding to ted bullpit ,just that how can somebody say a club isn't looking after them when they probably haven't even been down to training. Just assuming things because there are new coaches isn't the way to go. I'd go as far as saying if that players get looked after well, most of the guys going to millewa are deciding to leave without actually having a look around the place to see the direction we hope to be heading.

Thats fine mate I wasn't having a go at your post, as you are about the only one that seems to have level heads.

wells train

'Mate was it you or just someone who looked like you that was riding in the same cart, with a bloke who looked a lot like the meringur coach at golf last week' I wonder what the conversations were centred around?

wells train

'Mate was it you or just someone who looked like you that was riding in the same cart, with a bloke who looked a lot like the meringur coach at golf last week' I wonder what the conversations were centred around?
Yeah normally just golf or drinking, women all the normal conversations. I have played golf with him a long time before he was coach of anyone. Also played cricket with the red cliffs coach before and i am good mates with last years werrimul coach.

Yeah normally just golf or drinking, women all the normal conversations. I have played golf with him a long time before he was coach of anyone. Also played cricket with the red cliffs coach before and i am good mates with last years werrimul coach.
wellsy, stop wearing terry's pants to golf

anyone know the comings and goings out werrimul way please....

Who are the players that left surely your not referring to Tochy,Bobby,Isaacs and harry. If its Tansley, Duschers and others fair enough...

dont know what all the talk is about as Meringur could recruit all of merbien and still not make finals.
Meringur for spoon 08....

i think u will find meringur have picked up some very handy players a good mix of youth and experience out there and with jumbo and hammo at the helm will make finals , cardy lost alot of players and does anyone know if luke (w***er)gansy is going to werrimul to coach just somthing i heard around the traps

i think u will find meringur have picked up some very handy players a good mix of youth and experience out there and with jumbo and hammo at the helm will make finals , cardy lost alot of players and does anyone know if luke (w***er)gansy is going to werrimul to coach just somthing i heard around the traps

Ahh Jake Harris, so you have jumped on the Meringur bandwagon now. Whats that 4 clubs in 4 years not a bad effort. I think you will find Luke is 99% over the line at Merbein despite what you read in the Sunny Daily today.

Cardross haven't lost as many as you might think although with Nick Wade and Scott Trollope gone that is a few goals that need covering. At this point i am pretty sure Peter Cooper is leaving along with myself but other then that i believe they have kept the group together.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back