Millewa Football League 2009 season

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
touche.
but it is good to see now your rooms are finished you can get back to buying players from the SFL and hopefully all that money spent will buy you a premiership this time.
the cup at show and tell back at the kiddies oval would be mad bro' ?:D

you mean my house reno's?

Have coached a side to a premiership or at least played in a senior one:confused: If you had you would realise having a strong list is very helpful but doesn't guarantee you will win the cup. It still requires hard work and commitment and rely on the team coming together and having passion to win.

Have coached a side to a premiership or at least played in a senior one:confused: If you had you would realise having a strong list is very helpful but doesn't guarantee you will win the cup. It still requires hard work and commitment and rely on the team coming together and having passion to win.

I agree you have to have commitment and drive in a team or you won't win games or get to win the cup.

any one able to put the address for the transfersm list on this site
My predictions will be a bamble and gol gol grand final. Euston third. Meringar to claim fourth. Werrimull and cardy to fight out the next two and nangy to hold up the ladder again. Maybe able to sneak a win against werrimul and cardy. The top three to be fairly tight. Any new recruits from any of the clubs.

I must completely miss the point with the topic of recruiting and paying players. EVERY CLUB RECRUITS AND PAYS PLAYERS!!!!!!!!! Bambill are no different except for the fact that they are obviously very good at the whole process.

You would suggest they pay more players then other teams as they have better stock and a deeper list but i would also imagine they pay less then market rates for big names because they want to be part of success.

Another factor is they seem to have a great off field structure that creates revenue and have a good supporter base which in turn puts $'s over the bar and into the players pockets. Of the football teams i have spoken with in my time, Bambill have clearly been above all others in their recruiting efforts.

How about congratulating them on working hard to ensure they are a success rather then knocking them.

I remember a few weeks after the 2007 Grand Final I was down at the Setts Cricket Club and Morgs, Millo and some committee men were down there working on recruiting and RETENTION of players that early. Most clubs would be still celebrating but they were focused on going again. I think alot of footy clubs in the MFL & SFL could learn from them.

Enough Bambill loving, no matter how much you hate them on the field (i can attest to this) you have to respect their efforts on and off the ground.

I must completely miss the point with the topic of recruiting and paying players. EVERY CLUB RECRUITS AND PAYS PLAYERS!!!!!!!!! Bambill are no different except for the fact that they are obviously very good at the whole process.

You would suggest they pay more players then other teams as they have better stock and a deeper list but i would also imagine they pay less then market rates for big names because they want to be part of success.

Another factor is they seem to have a great off field structure that creates revenue and have a good supporter base which in turn puts $'s over the bar and into the players pockets. Of the football teams i have spoken with in my time, Bambill have clearly been above all others in their recruiting efforts.

How about congratulating them on working hard to ensure they are a success rather then knocking them.

I remember a few weeks after the 2007 Grand Final I was down at the Setts Cricket Club and Morgs, Millo and some committee men were down there working on recruiting and RETENTION of players that early. Most clubs would be still celebrating but they were focused on going again. I think alot of footy clubs in the MFL & SFL could learn from them.

Enough Bambill loving, no matter how much you hate them on the field (i can attest to this) you have to respect their efforts on and off the ground.
Agreed on the way they go about things. I think its more the Collingwood and Imperials type mentality. You either support them or you hate them. They definately have made it into that bracket. You wouldn't look twice if they won the flag as its almost expected sometimes, but you would much rather see them get done by a point.

:D
How is Sths going with you recruiting a number of there players again and probably the biggest name their had in there history likely to have a run with you also!!:confused:

Well well the rich get richer and the poor get poorer going on the transfer list with the great man himself DENNY FOX signing a clearance form to Bambill$$ along with another ex south player Nev Thompson!!:cool:

Now come on how many players do the Saints need?? I think now they have about 2 players for every position on and off the ground!!:D

This might sound like a bit of jealousy but let me tell you this is concerning to the point of ridiculous!! :thumbsdown:

The talent at this club is SFL material and will cause some of the most lopsided contests yet to be seen in the Millewa.

Can anybody put a side together that Bambill will field most weeks??:confused:

Well well the rich get richer and the poor get poorer going on the transfer list with the great man himself DENNY FOX signing a clearance form to Bambill$$ along with another ex south player Nev Thompson!!:cool:

Now come on how many players do the Saints need?? I think now they have about 2 players for every position on and off the ground!!:D

This might sound like a bit of jealousy but let me tell you this is concerning to the point of ridiculous!! :thumbsdown:

The talent at this club is SFL material and will cause some of the most lopsided contests yet to be seen in the Millewa.

Can anybody put a side together that Bambill will field most weeks??:confused:

B: 200 Per Game
HB: 250 Per Game
C: 300 Per Game
HF: 400 Per Game
F: 300 Per Game
R: 500 Per Game
I: 250 Per Game:rolleyes::rolleyes:

I would like to clarify some comments that were made in this thread and that at know time was i pointing the finger at anyone in particular!!:confused:

My major concern is the longivity of the league and how long will it survive when clubs are winning by 30goals plus which has happened in the past.

Secondly our club and Meringur where dragged through hot coals earlier when we tried to recruit some Merbein players and got some pretty ordinary media but Bambill has recruited half of Sth Mildura and other clubs but have got no media at all.:thumbsdown:

I have no probs for Foxy an Nev joining your ranks but more dissapointed about what the outcome will be further down the track.

Also heard today that Trent Dallsanta maybe joining the saints as well??:eek:

Might have to increase my prediction on how much you will win it by!!:D

Good luck Chalkie.:thumbsu:

I would like to clarify some comments that were made in this thread and that at know time was i pointing the finger at anyone in particular!!:confused:

My major concern is the longivity of the league and how long will it survive when clubs are winning by 30goals plus which has happened in the past.

Secondly our club and Meringur where dragged through hot coals earlier when we tried to recruit some Merbein players and got some pretty ordinary media but Bambill has recruited half of Sth Mildura and other clubs but have got no media at all.:thumbsdown:

I have no probs for Foxy an Nev joining your ranks but more dissapointed about what the outcome will be further down the track.

Also heard today that Trent Dallsanta maybe joining the saints as well??:eek:

Might have to increase my prediction on how much you will win it by!!:D

Good luck Chalkie.:thumbsu:
Surely not, i know he lacks commitment at times but far to good to play Millewa

Surely not, i know he lacks commitment at times but far to good to play Millewa

I guess Bambi$$$$$$$$ dont care how many players they get as long as the win the flag they dont care. I here they have at least high 30's to choose from on their list so it will be interesting finals time when all these players are wanting to play.
They have turned one of the best big man I have played against into a hasbeen over night, why would Chalkie want Denny remembered as Millewa premiership player? Foxy is still capable of kicking 60 to 80 goals up foward in the SFL so why would he waste his tallent playing out there. From what I saw of South Friday night they could do with some experience around some very good juniors coming through.
Think maybe it time for the Millewa to bring in the points system or the league will be stuffed

I would be happy for the league to at least look like they are doing something about it, even if they are not.
But i dont think anyone has the guts or foresight to do it.

The league certainly looked at the prospect of having a points system a couple of years ago when macca was in charge and had a working model in place and this was put to the clubs, but I think it all became too hard and has been forgotten with the changes in leadership every year since. The Millewa is a lopsided competition and will continue to be so while there are no constraints put in place. The best off field club who generate the most sponsorship will nearly always win.

I guess Bambi$$$$$$$$ dont care how many players they get as long as the win the flag they dont care. I here they have at least high 30's to choose from on their list so it will be interesting finals time when all these players are wanting to play.
They have turned one of the best big man I have played against into a hasbeen over night, why would Chalkie want Denny remembered as Millewa premiership player? Foxy is still capable of kicking 60 to 80 goals up foward in the SFL so why would he waste his tallent playing out there. From what I saw of South Friday night they could do with some experience around some very good juniors coming through.
Think maybe it time for the Millewa to bring in the points system or the league will be stuffed
Still capable? Has he ever kicked that many before, if not i doubt he'll start now, big numbers 60 - 80.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Looks like the rumour mill is in top gear, so I better clarify a few things:
  • We have a playing list of 30 blokes -last year we had34 blokes available and we needed everyone of them due to injuries. In fact we used 45 different players last year. I wouldn't be surprised if there are other clubs who have 30 odd players. We do have 3-4 other blokes who will play if we're short however they are unable or don't want to commit. Also of the 30, this also included 2 guys who won't be available to mid season due to injuries.
  • With regards to Trent Dalla Santa, he isn't playing for us. He trained with us for most of the preseason just to keep fit.

Looks like the rumour mill is in top gear, so I better clarify a few things:
  • We have a playing list of 30 blokes -last year we had34 blokes available and we needed everyone of them due to injuries. In fact we used 45 different players last year. I wouldn't be surprised if there are other clubs who have 30 odd players. We do have 3-4 other blokes who will play if we're short however they are unable or don't want to commit. Also of the 30, this also included 2 guys who won't be available to mid season due to injuries.
  • With regards to Trent Dalla Santa, he isn't playing for us. He trained with us for most of the preseason just to keep fit.
Playing list of 30 is a crack of shit. You used 45 players last year and in the clearances this year you have picked up 10 and lost no one.
With those calculations you have 55 you can ring each week. Yes I understand a lot of them are only fill ins but they still have to be registered to play so they are classed as players.
Why dont you field 2 teams this year so the Millewa league wont be so one sided this year but then again your 2 sides would most probably play off in the grand final:D

ROUND1
MERINGUR 12.12 (84) d WERRIMULL 7.6 (48)
BAMBILL 19.15 (129) d GOL GOL 13.8 (86)
EUSTON 16.13 (109) defeated CARDROSS 12.5 (77)

???????????????? Didn't u just get beat? You are one weird cookie mate. It doesn't matter if you play the game of your lives if you lose. Wake up:thumbsu:

what i am saying that its good to see as last year they got beaten pretty badly yes we did lose but it was a great effort by the boys:D

just like Gol-Gol do mate i think most of ex-imps wanna play there! Gol-Gol and Bambil are not fair sides! :thumbsdown:

r2

BAM$BILL 26.17 (173) d CARDROSS 8.2 (50)

Goals: Bambill: Brett Haase 9. Cardross: Chris Bounias 3

EUSTON 20.8 (128) defeated GOL GOL 16.11 (107)
Goals Euston Brad Kennedy 6, Mahino Paola 5 Gol Gol: Dean Umback 3, Tony Albert 3.

NANGILOC 14.10 (94) defeated WERRIMUL 8.11 (59).

GOALS: Nangiloc: Jake Reed 6.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back