List Mgmt. Mind your own business Dermie

Remove this Banner Ad

I am yet to see Elliot and De Goey play well together whilst Mihocek and Stevenson also having decent games...

Its like Elliot takes a back seat and holds back. Could be better off starting off the bench and overlapping with De Goey when he moves mid field.

We won’t be offloading Jamie any time soon.
The fact that he’s come good gives us options and flexibility without losing anything inside 50 from an scoring aspect.

JDG can now begin to spend longer mins on ball too which can only be an good thing as another point of difference on ball.

I am yet to see Elliot and De Goey play well together whilst Mihocek and Stevenson also having decent games...

Its like Elliot takes a back seat and holds back. Could be better off starting off the bench and overlapping with De Goey when he moves mid field.
This has been the plan all along, watch them all fire over the next month of footy!!

Rather than tell Dermie to mind his own business, I prefer to let him and other outsiders like him pontificate to their hearts’ content, knowing that it doesn’t matter one iota in the long run.

It’s like hearing people complain that Stephenson got to play VFL on Saturday. Like waves washing up on the beach...

We won’t be offloading Jamie any time soon.
The fact that he’s come good gives us options and flexibility without losing anything inside 50 from an scoring aspect.

JDG can now begin to spend longer mins on ball too which can only be an good thing as another point of difference on ball.
Not only this but he had a few few minutes on the wing against Essendon and Buckley said tonight could be where he also spends some time in the future. Has done it before but I couldn't recall when and I was surprised to see him there last week.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

LOL, article headlines with ...

“Dermott Brereton has urged Collingwood to consider trading Jamie Elliott”

... article ends with ...

“Elliott becomes a restricted free agent at the end of the season.”

#clickbait

No problem with what Dermie said, although I doubt very much Elliot isn’t getting a contract extension. I think our first draft pick this year is about 33 so if we can move further up the draft order and boost our chances of recruiting another quality tall forward that would compensate for losing Elliot. However we play a forward line that relies on medium and small forwards with one marking tall in Cox (or Reid). That’s our forward line structure and Elliot suits that style. If we recruited another tall marking forward it would alter our style of play and Stephenson and De Goey would need to adapt their role in the team in the forward line.

I don't know why people are getting upset about this. He's probably right...if there's ONE thing Derm does know about its FORWARD LINE play. Personally I'm wrapt that Billy has come back to form in time for a final or two but in the long term scheme of things I don't want to see him lounging around on a Flank or worse still back in the two's if he gets injured or loses form again.

Stevo and JDG are both GUNS and if we could get a KPF for Billy then Derms on a winner.

Until the end of the year though.....moot point. Let's hope all our boys play blinders in every final we play.

Cap space and staying injury free will come into any decision we make with Jamie, if he gets through the remainder of the season fit and healthy there will be offers coming from all over, most of those offers we will simply be unable to match, so a lot will depend on Jamie as well, wait and see I guess.

Derm and Robbo should do a new Fox Footy gameshow show called "Who the fu** can understand what we are saying". They just sit there and talk to each other and contestants try and work out wtf is going on.
Dont you love the way Dermie tries so hard to use big words but always mispronounces them or gets them completely out of context which has the effect of making his point the complete opposite of what he was trying to say

I don't know why people are getting upset about this. He's probably right...if there's ONE thing Derm does know about its FORWARD LINE play. Personally I'm wrapt that Billy has come back to form in time for a final or two but in the long term scheme of things I don't want to see him lounging around on a Flank or worse still back in the two's if he gets injured or loses form again.

Stevo and JDG are both GUNS and if we could get a KPF for Billy then Derms on a winner.

Until the end of the year though.....moot point. Let's hope all our boys play blinders in every final we play.
Elliott is a Free Agent

Don't you have to be in the top 25% of salary at your club to qualify for free agency? Would Elliott meet that criteria? I doubt it.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Mind your own business Dermie

Remove this Banner Ad

Back