AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Celtic, West Perth, Glory, S'Roos
150px-Glory-logo-2009.png
V
125px-Wellington_Phoenix_crest.png

SATURDAY, APRIL 7 @ 5pm at NIB Stadium

Winner faces loser of Major Semi Final. Loser is out on their arse.

Another instalment of the Classico Down Under. Very rare the away team wins in this one so on that and with Smeltz scoring every chance he gets I can only see one winner.

Glory need to play better than last week though IMO, Heart were rubbish but we never looked to up the tempo and it took Smeltz to wake us up and get the game flowing our way.

Gooooooooooooooalllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll howarth i love u !!!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

God bless the Perth Glory house and all of those that dwell within the Perth Glory house. Epic stuff, Wellington were fantastic too, I loved the fact all of us on the grandstand side of the ground applauded the Nix off and they responded in kind (except for Bertos) a lot of mutual respect between the two clubs. Andrezinho was well held tonight and the move to bring Howarth on helped and gave Heff a bit more to work with considering he was caught out of position and let Muscat waltz in and nail their second goal. McGarry on for Massive Trav was another great move, freed big Billy Mehmet and his placed shot for the equaliser was quite great.

A rather top night and a prime example of how passionate this club can be. Bring on whatever trash we play next week, we've earned a lot of respect this season no matter what happens from here on in. **** the haters (and a fair few keyboard dicks on here).:thumbsu:

Also, Auckmel, commiserations. :thumbsu:

Cheers mate.

Missed the game too, as I have all the Breakers games. Great effort to get this far. Saw the highlights and it looked like a cracker of a game.

Good luck to your boys against whoever they play. :thumbsu:

Great turn-out by the Wellington fans. Looked like they were making a heap of noise.

As for the home fans though, what a special atmosphere! Been a long time since all four side of the ground were chanting. When that winner went in the noise was something to behold. If only every match was a final!

Super win and I am confident we can do the Mariners next week if they lose today as expected.

God bless the Perth Glory house and all of those that dwell within the Perth Glory house. Epic stuff, Wellington were fantastic too, I loved the fact all of us on the grandstand side of the ground applauded the Nix off and they responded in kind (except for Bertos) a lot of mutual respect between the two clubs. Andrezinho was well held tonight and the move to bring Howarth on helped and gave Heff a bit more to work with considering he was caught out of position and let Muscat waltz in and nail their second goal. McGarry on for Massive Trav was another great move, freed big Billy Mehmet and his placed shot for the equaliser was quite great.

A rather top night and a prime example of how passionate this club can be. Bring on whatever trash we play next week, we've earned a lot of respect this season no matter what happens from here on in. **** the haters (and a fair few keyboard dicks on here).:thumbsu:

Congrats on the win mate. It's supporters like you who have stayed for the last 6 years that deserve to lap up every Glorious moment you have in this finals series.
It's always good for the league to have strong performances coming out of the west.

Well done Perth, always had a soft sport for them, they were who I supported in the NSL once Gippsland Falcons went bust. I really hope that Glory can go all the way now, couldn't stand Roar going back to back (although it would possibly make luring Ange to MVFC easier as he would have achieved everything at Roar).

Disappointing crowd figures for the Glory in the finals campaign, I expected sell out crowds. Bojangles any particular reason why crowds weren't as expected for the finals campaign?

Couldn't be at the game because I was down south, but what a classic! Mehmet's goal in the second half was what turned the game back in our favour, from that point on I honestly couldn't see us losing it. Can't wait for next week vs Central Coast!

Well I certainly won't be forgetting that one for a long, long time!

I've been to countless Glory games over the years, and haven't missed one this year, but this game was just something else!! The crowd was simply incredible!!

I'm abit of a sports junkie, and have been to hundreds of sporting events all over the world, and I can honestly say that was one of the best I've been to, it's so amazing to have the glory playing a final at home after all the heartbreak of the last 8 or 9 of years!

Even this season has been an emotional roller coaster, hitting rock bottom over Easter and lookng certain to finish yet another season in the bottom few. But somehow we turned it around and find ourselves won win from the most unlikely of grand finals! What a season, one that will go down in Glory folk law.

Can't wait to watch the game on Saturday and I think I'll be making the flight to Brisbane should we prevail against the Mariners!!

HW HW HWFG!!

Go Glory! Do us proud boys!

Well done Perth, always had a soft sport for them, they were who I supported in the NSL once Gippsland Falcons went bust. I really hope that Glory can go all the way now, couldn't stand Roar going back to back (although it would possibly make luring Ange to MVFC easier as he would have achieved everything at Roar).

Disappointing crowd figures for the Glory in the finals campaign, I expected sell out crowds. Bojangles any particular reason why crowds weren't as expected for the finals campaign?

Refreshing to see a Victory fan support a side that hasn't been there for a while. There was at the pub after the game too but we pretty much used him as a verbal pinata.

As strange as it seems there is a lot on in Perth the last couple of weekends. For both games the Wildcats were on at the same time along with the Blues and Roots festival. The Eagles were also on just before the game on Saturday night so that may have taken some people but not enough. A few would have been away for Easter. Very dissapointed it didn't break 15k at least but that's what happens when you serve up a poor product for so many years on end even with the price of tickets staying the same.

Remove this Banner Ad

MINOR SEMI FINAL-Perth Glory V Wellington Phoenix

Remove this Banner Ad

Back