Society/Culture Misandry

Remove this Banner Ad

I've heard of primary education but not nursing. Why do they feel they need men in nursing anyway?
Because back in the 1950's men were expected to work in 'bloke' jobs to support a family/pay off mortgage/pay bills etc.

The 'Patriarchy' made it nigh on impossible for cisgender males to reach their health care career goals.

You couldn't be a stay-at-home dad or a nurse lest you be called a big girls blouse, or worse. There was a lot of discrimination and bullying about the place.

British Labour MP who wants to make Misogyny a thought crime - Link here Dont worry about Misandry though...

"..if you thought thoughtcrime was confined to the realm of George Orwell’s imagination, think again. New legislation proposed by Labour MP Stella Creasy aims to make misogyny a hate crime. A crime that is proven to have been ‘motivated by misogyny’ would receive a tougher sentence than a crime not motivated by misogyny. In short, people will be punished not only for what they do, but also for what they think"

and another couple of videos discussing the matter

British Labour MP who wants to make Misogyny a thought crime - Link here Dont worry about Misandry though...

"..if you thought thoughtcrime was confined to the realm of George Orwell’s imagination, think again. New legislation proposed by Labour MP Stella Creasy aims to make misogyny a hate crime. A crime that is proven to have been ‘motivated by misogyny’ would receive a tougher sentence than a crime not motivated by misogyny. In short, people will be punished not only for what they do, but also for what they think"

and another couple of videos discussing the matter

But this already happens.

Intent, motivation etc are taken into consideration.

So killing someone while only intending to stop a physical attack in your child is defensible in court.

Killing someone intentionally with the motivation of stopping them exposing your theft from your place of work isn’t.

Otherwise this is a silly idea but the concept is old as the hills.

But this already happens.

Intent, motivation etc are taken into consideration.

So killing someone while only intending to stop a physical attack in your child is defensible in court.

Killing someone intentionally with the motivation of stopping them exposing your theft from your place of work isn’t.

Otherwise this is a silly idea but the concept is old as the hills.

You are using and example at the upper extreme end of the range, that being the act of killing someone.

The legalisation proposed in the UK would cover acts such as whistling or comments taken by a complainant as being inappropriate, or any suggestive comment which would would be considered a hate crime , as an unwanted sexual advance

Attachments

• Hatecrime1.PNG
    Hatecrime1.PNG
    16.7 KB · Views: 44
You are using and example at the upper extreme end of the range, that being the act of killing someone.

The legalisation proposed in the UK would cover acts such as whistling or comments taken by a complainant as being inappropriate, or any suggestive comment which would would be considered a hate crime , as an unwanted sexual advance
OK now you’re giving details instead of ranty videos. Good work.

Agree, as a woman I find these type of things patronising and embarrassing. Best person for the job, male or female.
My wife is succesful, beautiful, intelligent and a bloody hard worker. Her success is her own. She despises a lot of what modern feminism stands for. Best person for the job is her mantra as well pink green gay martian or white male etc

My wife is succesful, beautiful, intelligent and a bloody hard worker. Her success is her own. She despises a lot of what modern feminism stands for. Best person for the job is her mantra as well pink green gay martian or white male etc
She needs to check her privilege. As a straight, cisgenderer, cisabled, white, western, brain-gifted, capitalist, she's the second most privileged group on the planet right below the male version according to the Heirarchy of Oppression©. It's the only way she can spout this dog-whistle "Meritocracy"-ism.

She needs to check her privilege. As a straight, cisgenderer, cisabled, white, western, brain-gifted, capitalist, she's the second most privileged group on the planet right below the male version according to the Heirarchy of Oppression©. It's the only way she can spout this dog-whistle "Meritocracy"-ism.
I identify as an attack helicopter and I feel oppressed by RPG's and those who wield them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think you have the wrong end of it there.

An actual crime still has to be committed.

She needs to check her privilege. As a straight, cisgenderer, cisabled, white, western, brain-gifted, capitalist, she's the second most privileged group on the planet right below the male version according to the Heirarchy of Oppression. It's the only way she can spout this dog-whistle "Meritocracy"-ism.
His wife read as Driven Asian to me

What does she think modern feminism stands for?

This would be where this thread crosses over with the ‘feminism’ thread I suppose.

An actual crime still has to be committed.

oh chief, that is so last week. We are now on to non crime hate in the UK!

"In addition to reporting hate crime, please report non-crime hate incidents, which can include things like offensive or insulting comments, online, in person or in writing. Hate will not be tolerated in South Yorkshire. Report it and put a stop to it"

oh chief, that is so last week. We are now on to non crime hate in the UK!

"In addition to reporting hate crime, please report non-crime hate incidents, which can include things like offensive or insulting comments, online, in person or in writing. Hate will not be tolerated in South Yorkshire. Report it and put a stop to it"
Do you think these sorts of things are often precursors to actual crimes?

I don’t see much problem with reporting that sort of thing. If something happens, are you going to find patterns of that behaviour and start your inquiries there?

Do you think these sorts of things are often precursors to actual crimes?

I don’t see much problem with reporting that sort of thing. If something happens, are you going to find patterns of that behaviour and start your inquiries there?
Half of the posters on big footy would need to be reported

Half of the posters on big footy would need to be reported
We have a world wide problem with under reporting of sexual assault. Don’t know that there will be some sort of plague of people reporting mere insults.

We have a world wide problem with under reporting of sexual assault. Don’t know that there will be some sort of plague of people reporting mere insults.
That's what that particular UK police force is avtovely ecouraging people to report though..
Non crimes such as offensive online commenys

That's what that particular UK police force is avtovely ecouraging people to report though..
Non crimes such as offensive online commenys
Yes, but do you think it will result in people reporting everything they are mildly offended by? What are they getting reported now?

"Hate comments" probably aren't mere insults or impoliteness.

Remove this Banner Ad

Society/Culture Misandry

Remove this Banner Ad

Back