Mitch Clark

Remove this Banner Ad

On them AFL trade chat yesterday they said that Palmer was not being shopped around at all. We should not give up any picks for Griffin unless it is over 70.

I have no problem going for Mitch Clark, but we shouldn't give away the shop to get him, that is the bad old days. I have no problem loosing our first pick, but Palmer should not be traded. If we do trade palmer we will need our first pick for a new Midfielder.

I would think more like 20-30 % ruck. That way Sandilands will be much more valuable come the second half of the year.

There is no way Palmer is being traded.
Harvey said this on 6PR the night after Channel 10 first made up the story.
A second rounder for Griffen is not too bad a trade in my mind though would much prefer that we acquire Clark somehow.

Isn't this thread now dead and buried!!!Hasn't Clark agreed to stay at Brissie?
Sure it has been said over the last couple of days.
So thread==Dead.

Isn't this thread now dead and buried!!!Hasn't Clark agreed to stay at Brissie?
Sure it has been said over the last couple of days.
So thread==Dead.

Thread ALIVE-Clark is looking to come home and he is VERY much in play at the moment. The question is where will he go and for what. If the Lions dont get what they want they will not trade. HOWEVER, during hte Trade Period. Everything is on the table providing that the parties want to comply.

Clark would LOVE to come back to WA and play for a team on the up like Freo. The question is 'Can the deal be done?'.

Thread ALIVE!!!

On the trade week radio (that is a bugger of a listen, you know nothing going on but you have it on just to hear people banging on about footy!) Freo have approached Brissie to see what is needed to get this done.

If Brisbane don't trade him this year they will end up in exactly the same position as we are with Tarrant this year making it extremely difficult to get anywhere near the same value as when he still had one year of contract to go.

I think we will get screwed on the Tarrant trade - Colonwood did it with Ball and will do it again with Tarrant.

Brisbance should really be sensible and seek to do a trade, as Freo should have last year with Tarrant.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If Brisbane don't trade him this year they will end up in exactly the same position as we are with Tarrant this year making it extremely difficult to get anywhere near the same value as when he still had one year of contract to go.

I think we will get screwed on the Tarrant trade - Colonwood did it with Ball and will do it again with Tarrant.

Brisbance should really be sensible and seek to do a trade, as Freo should have last year with Tarrant.

Not necessarily true.
Saints were offered Wellingham, or Pick 30.

Pick 30 turned out to be market value, as that's where they drafted Ball, and Wellingham would've been seen as a win/win trade for both in hindsight.
Saints screwed themselves.

There is no way Palmer is being traded.
Harvey said this on 6PR the night after Channel 10 first made up the story.
A second rounder for Griffen is not too bad a trade in my mind though would much prefer that we acquire Clark somehow.

No he didn't. When told that channel ten had reported that Palmer would be offered up Harvey laughed and said something along the lines of "Carl, you know better than to..." then Carl cut in and said "yeah, I know".

A second rounder for Griffin is us getting r*ped!!!

I would think more like 20-30 % ruck. That way Sandilands will be much more valuable come the second half of the year.

Jonno would do 5 - 10% as well.

We're after a KF not a ruckman.

Anyway, Sandi can easily cope with 80 - 85% of his time in the ruck. It was this year he had problems late in the season because early in the season he was doing 95%+ in the ruck and then had to "rest" up forward because we didn't have a KF like Clark. That's the whole reason we're after one!

Sandi is too influencial in the ruck to only use him in that position for 70% game time! And he's really not that effective stationed up forward. If Sandi needs a spell he can sit on the bench for a couple of minutes a quarter if we get a decent KF.

He's not a very good Forward. The main reason we would be getting him is long term ruck security and KP depth and for him to help out Sandilands a bit more over the year. Johnson will not ruck if Sandilands and Clark are in the same team. He would ruck 5% at the most.

Because they've committed to Leuenberger as their no.1 ruck and they've got two of the best forwards in the game. Playing behind those three is no knock on Clark.

Mmmmmm, doesn't make sense to me, an elite player is always in your 22, or he is not an elite player, or the coach is an idiot!

Remove this Banner Ad

Mitch Clark

Remove this Banner Ad

Back