Mitch Clark

Remove this Banner Ad

He's not a very good Forward. The main reason we would be getting him is long term ruck security and KP depth and for him to help out Sandilands a bit more over the year. Johnson will not ruck if Sandilands and Clark are in the same team. He would ruck 5% at the most.

Long term ruck security! We've got Sandi, Kepler, Jonno and Clarke with perhaps Houghton, Sheppard and any draftees from this year as well! How many ruck options does one team need?

You're wrong, Clark is being targeted as a KF. It's not just my opinion. Harvey and Scott have said as much.

Long term ruck security! We've got Sandi, Kepler, Jonno and Clarke with perhaps Houghton, Sheppard and any draftees from this year as well! How many ruck options does one team need?

You're wrong, Clark is being targeted as a KF. It's not just my opinion. Harvey and Scott have said as much.
I agree he would play FF while Sandilands is around but his main apeal to us is as a good mobile ruckman.
Clarke is our only long term number one ruckman option out of the ones you listed. And he's no guarantee to make it. Even still we would need backup for him.
Your Wrong. Harvey and Scott haven't said anything regarding Clark you idiot.

That better be the story..

Word on the street is that Griffin is coming to us for a Third Round pick. I still think that we are wasting our time with this guy, he does NOTHING after the centre hit outs.

This looks to be the back up deal for Clark with the Lions asking WAY too much for the young man.

■ Adelaide ruckman Jon Griffin will go to Fremantle for a third-round choice.

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/fraser-could-be-headed-to-suns-20101006-167sv.html

Word on the street is that Griffin is coming to us for a Third Round pick. I still think that we are wasting our time with this guy, he does NOTHING after the centre hit outs.

This looks to be the back up deal for Clark with the Lions asking WAY too much for the young man.

■ Adelaide ruckman Jon Griffin will go to Fremantle for a third-round choice.

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/fraser-could-be-headed-to-suns-20101006-167sv.html

That is a shite deal. Third Round! Bupkiss! Obviously Schammer must have said no to Adelaide and wants to remain a depth player with us?

That is a shite deal. Third Round! Bupkiss! Obviously Schammer must have said no to Adelaide and wants to remain a depth player with us?

Not Happy!!!

Even a third round pick is too generous for Griffin. FFS, he was promoted off the rookie list and has played 40 uninspiring games since. Adelaide would delist him after trade week if he didn't get traded.

funny how we can praise our recruiting staff for their work in retrospect, but when we have to watch them in action, we get a bit toey.

:thumbsu:

no wukkas. it's an exciting week! we don't need that many players to top us up, a couple of defenders, another ruck option and a key forward. if we can get guys with upside who can develop with the group, then i'd be happy with that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not Happy!!!

Even a third round pick is too generous for Griffin. FFS, he was promoted off the rookie list and has played 40 uninspiring games since. Adelaide would delist him after trade week if he didn't get traded.

Yeah but dont forget that this year our 3rd rnd pick would be 4th rnd any other draft and i think that comes into equation more so the pick number than rnd number

I don't necessarily have a problem giving up a third rounder for Griffin. We do need a more experienced backup ruck, and he is a better player than people give him credit for.

Ultimately our third rounder could be anywhere from 55-62 depending on compensation picks. That isn't a lot to give up for any young player. It's not like we're going to be able to draft a decent ruck at that pick anyway.

If the crows end up getting Jacobs from Carlton won't they delist Griffen anyway?? We'd be better off holding off to the last minute to see what happens there. Would much prefer to see Griffen rookied or taken with a pick we wouldn't otherwise use.

If the crows end up getting Jacobs from Carlton won't they delist Griffen anyway?? We'd be better off holding off to the last minute to see what happens there. Would much prefer to see Griffen rookied or taken with a pick we wouldn't otherwise use.

no griffen is contracted to adelaide for 2011

yeah thats true, and from what i can gather griffen is of the belief that if he cant get back to perth he will quit anyhow, so delisting probably would happen if that were to occur
I thought there was a family issue that meant Griffin has to come back to Perth. Adelaide said they would do what they could to get Griffin back to Perth so can't see them arguing too hard.

Maybe we are offering Schammer and Adelaide haven't finished chuckling into their milos.

Remove this Banner Ad

Mitch Clark

Remove this Banner Ad

Back