Traded Mitch McGovern [traded to Carlton in a three-way trade involving Sydney and McAdam]

Remove this Banner Ad

What's the point? Most Adelaide fans will got for the first option. Most Carlton supporters will go for the latter.

Allows us to consolidate 280 pages of discussion into one simple poll :)

With the recent media attention and online discussion on MM, you'd think he's a higher profile than LeBron James.

Interesting read though :)

Please, show me exactly where I did that? At least get your facts straight.

I said "certain" morons who support your club.. clearly referring to one in particular you were aware of. Not once did I ever "paint the rest of you" so give it a rest.

Whether you did or didn't. Now you know not to because people react differently.

I just found it ridiculous for you to reply '12-year old with a crystal ball' when nearly everywhere it's been all 'McGovern a mercenary because Carlton are going nowhere'.

That reply is nothing more than an insult that can encourage him to talk more nonsense. Just ignore.

Im sure something has been agreed upon in principle, but it isnt the extra $200k as spruiked by AFC spokespeople. We're not paying him the $850k youd have us believe.

So first you say nothing has been put forward, no length agreed either but now you're sure something has been agreed in principle (meaning an offer has been put forward). Well which one is it?

His manager saying he'll be on "roughly" the same money over a "3-5" year deal says to me he's being offered considerable coin, above what he's on with us which is already sizeable (upwards of $600-$650k pa).

So first you say nothing has been put forward, no length agreed either but now you're sure something has been agreed in principle (meaning an offer has been put forward). Well which one is it?

His manager saying he'll be on "roughly" the same money over a "3-5" year deal says to me he's being offered considerable coin, above what he's on with us which is already sizeable (upwards of $600-$650k pa).

Theres been no contract which would be a formal offering and whats been put forward is a verbal quote pending a medical. Thats not concrete by any shape or form.

I think youre confusing the timeline. We enquired as part of the Gibbs trade and spoke with his manager about a principle price. Then he resigned with the Crows. <scene missing>. He now wants out. Advises manager to see if we are still interested for the previous quote. We say yes pending due diligence. Terms to be hashed out at later date.

Think of it this way, either Adelaide sell him cheap now and cut their losses, or try to play hard ball, end up keeping him as his currency plummets even further in the future.

He’s made it known very publicly he doesn’t believe in the club or those running it, so wonder what kind of an asset he’ll be in a team game that relies on everyone buying into the message.

Tell me when that's happened?? Adelaide still had to pay for Gibbs and Fremantle still forked out for McCarthey...

Hi everyone,

Good to see the Mitch McGovern debate is still running strong after 280 pages.

Is it possible to put up a poll in this thread on MM's trade value.

We could include a speculative trade range between 2 x top ten picks + player to a third round pick.

Would be interesting to see who's closest to the mark.

Sounds like a great idea!

I think his overall value is between 17-23 range, if paying slight overs, 13-16 would get it done

Wonder if Carlton will trade some of the under performing first rounds picks they have had in the past to release value.

Well we traded a former 1st rounder in mrs hendersons boy for pick 10 which netted us the big H for the next decade.
Id love some more of that kinda action ...

Well we traded a former 1st rounder in mrs hendersons boy for pick 10 which netted us the big H for the next decade.
Id love some more of that kinda action ...
Yeah on the same wave length maybe time for Carlton to explore avenues for Weitering and SPS, clear they wont be the elite talent but will still be good players...

Yeah on the same wave length maybe time for Carlton to explore avenues for Weitering and SPS, clear they wont be the elite talent but will still be good players...

Those boys will be just fine.
Murphy is a former 1st rounder and about Geelongs desired age range atm , swap for your 1st this year ?

Carlton aren’t being unreasonable, we are saying that we will take this player that he nominated us with whatvee currency we have left, can’t just pull picks out of our arse because Adelaide demands them.

So either Adelaide accept the currency that we do have available, or they don’t in which case we can’t do anything cause we don’t have the currency they are asking for

It’s that simple
He's contracted.
Carlton find a way to give AFC what they want or he stays.
That's how simple it is.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

McGovern is finished at adelaide.
Don Pyke said so.
Did Don lie ?
This post is either lies or ignorance.

"We'll try and get the best we can for Mitch, and if we can't get a good enough deal, then he'll remain an Adelaide player next year."

Pyke said there were a few reasons why McGovern wanted out.

"There's a number of reasons and factors...some of those are historical, some of those are environmental. It's his personal view," he said,

"We'll continue to work with Mitch, and clearly if we can't get a deal done, we'll have to work through some of those issues."

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.tr...t-adelaide-if-the-right-deal-isnt-reached/amp

Admittedly, Pyke has had issues with McGovern, ever since Mitch decided he liked KFC more than sports. But if we don't get what we want, we'll get him back into preseason training and get things sorted out.

Carlton aren’t being unreasonable, we are saying that we will take this player that he nominated us with whatvee currency we have left, can’t just pull picks out of our arse because Adelaide demands them.

So either Adelaide accept the currency that we do have available, or they don’t in which case we can’t do anything cause we don’t have the currency they are asking for

It’s that simple
True. You either have the money to pay the price, or you don't.

The price doesn't change, just because you plead povvo.

This post is either lies or ignorance.

"We'll try and get the best we can for Mitch, and if we can't get a good enough deal, then he'll remain an Adelaide player next year."

Pyke said there were a few reasons why McGovern wanted out.

"There's a number of reasons and factors...some of those are historical, some of those are environmental. It's his personal view," he said,

"We'll continue to work with Mitch, and clearly if we can't get a deal done, we'll have to work through some of those issues."

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.tr...t-adelaide-if-the-right-deal-isnt-reached/amp

Admittedly, Pyke has had issues with McGovern, ever since Mitch decided he liked KFC more than sports. But if we don't get what we want, we'll get him back into preseason training and get things sorted out.

Don being interviewed on adelaide radio by his boss and adelaide board member Roo AFTER he had already said McGovern is finished at adelaide.

McGovern has walked out and taken a public dump on the club.

McGovern is finished in adelaide and the whole footy world know it :D

Don being interviewed on adelaide radio by his boss and adelaide board member Roo AFTER he had already said McGovern is finished at adelaide.

Doesn’t mean this turns into a CFC charity event. This is a stock standard trade, nothing more nothing less

Adelaide and Riccuitto drew the line in the sand last year with Cameron and said happy for him to go home if the trade is what they want if not he stays Gov will be the same, they got pick 12 for CC but Gov is probably worth more or they may accept the same

Balls in carlton's court or he stays

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

Adelaide and Riccuitto drew the line in the sand last year with Cameron and said happy for him to go home if the trade is what they want if not he stays Gov will be the same, they got pick 12 for CC but Gov is probably worth more or they may accept the same

Well adelaide and roo forgot to tell don.
don kicked McGovern to the curb.
McGovern walked out and took a public dump on the club.

This has been said infinitum .....Carlton supporters simply say this is a line all clubs trot out ....they're looking at trades as if all situations, all years, all clubs are equal in the trading process .....this is not the case, and I'll repeat ..you have to read the mood & circumstances of the trading club

Well adelaide and roo forgot to tell don.
don kicked McGovern to the curb.
McGovern walked out and took a public dump on the club.
Mate, please I wish I could negotiate a deal with you .....you get suckered into everything

For gods sake, don't ever play Poker

True. You either have the money to pay the price, or you don't.

The price doesn't change, just because you plead povvo.
I walk into a shop and want to buy a $10 item ......but I say to the Sales Assistant ...but I only have $4

What do you think the Sales Assistant says :p

Remove this Banner Ad

Traded Mitch McGovern [traded to Carlton in a three-way trade involving Sydney and McAdam]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back