Traded Mitch McGovern [traded to Carlton in a three-way trade involving Sydney and McAdam]

Remove this Banner Ad

Adelaide and Riccuitto drew the line in the sand last year with Cameron and said happy for him to go home if the trade is what they want if not he stays Gov will be the same, they got pick 12 for CC but Gov is probably worth more or they may accept the same

Balls in carlton's court or he stays

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app
Has anything come out of Adelaide to indicate that they can absolutely not take McGovern back should a trade fall through? I.e. Like Footscray said about Stringer.

No doubt once a contracted player requests a trade to a preferred club they generally get there but rarely has it been for unders, even less so when they have multiple years to run on a contract.

I just can't see the Crows accepting a pick or two on the mid to late 20's with a possible state league player thrown in, that will be depth only. Everything I've read about state leaguers has indicated 3rd rounders, as this draft is very even from 10-30 odd. The Crows list is very good and no doubt are looking for more top end talent rather then 2-3 mature, or not, middling players. That's the purpose of the PP for Carlton and GC as that is what their lists needs.

Has anything come out of Adelaide to indicate that they can absolutely not take McGovern back should a trade fall through? I.e. Like Footscray said about Stringer.

No doubt once a contracted player requests a trade to a preferred club they generally get there but rarely has it been for unders, even less so when they have multiple years to run on a contract.

I just can't see the Crows accepting a pick or two on the mid to late 20's with a possible state league player thrown in, that will be depth only. Everything I've read about state leaguers has indicated 3rd rounders, as this draft is very even from 10-30 odd. The Crows list is very good and no doubt are looking for more top end talent rather then 2-3 mature or not middling players. That's the purpose of the PP for Carlton and GC as that is what their lists needs.

Only coach Pyke saying McGovern is finished at adelaide !!

No biggie really ...

This just in: Adelaide fan discovers haggling. More to follow.

;)

Carlton could learn something here.

Carlton to the media: we don’t want a priority pick

AFL: if Carlton ask for a priority pick they will likely get one

Carlton supporters: what are we going to do with our priority pick? Might be pick 2 but will definitely be at least pick 12

Carlton: okay we’ll take a priority pick please AFL

AFL: here you go Carlton

B64509B6-2F71-434F-A3CE-79C4A9E92DB0.gif

I just can't see the Crows accepting a pick or two on the mid to late 20's with a possible state league player thrown in, that will be depth only. Everything I've read about state leaguers has indicated 3rd rounders, as this draft is very even from 10-30 odd. The Crows list is very good and no doubt are looking for more top end talent rather then 2-3 mature, or not, middling players. That's the purpose of the PP for Carlton and GC as that is what their lists needs.
Is that like the Gibbs trade falling through in the first year he tried that is a hilarious comment

This has been said infinitum .....Carlton supporters simply say this is a line all clubs trot out ....they're looking at trades as if all situations, all years, all clubs are equal in the trading process .....this is not the case, and I'll repeat ..you have to read the mood & circumstances of the trading club
Meanwhile...crows fans...’yeah but Gibbs...screw SOS’...’so we get the same for McGovern’
Pfffttt...please.

Is that like the Gibbs trade falling through in the first year he tried that is a hilarious comment

Great then, keep McGovern and get him to play a great season next year so he can force us into paying you what you demand for him.

Gibbs did it for us, maybe McGovern can do it for you.

Problem solved :)

Last edited:
Tell me when that's happened?? Adelaide still had to pay for Gibbs and Fremantle still forked out for McCarthey...

So you think that if Adelaide kept McGovern who is very unhappy there and doesn’t believe in the club anymore, that his open market price will be the same or more next year?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Carlton could learn something here.

Carlton to the media: we don’t want a priority pick

AFL: if Carlton ask for a priority pick they will likely get one

Carlton supporters: what are we going to do with our priority pick? Might be pick 2 but will definitely be at least pick 12

Carlton: okay we’ll take a priority pick please AFL

AFL: here you go Carlton

View attachment 565620

Oh such a short memory to forget this:

Adelaide 2016 - Gibbs wants to come to us and the most we will pay is one first rounder and steak knives.

SOS - Yeah nah, you want Gibbs you assume the position and bend over with 2 first rounders

Adelaide 2016 - no way! There’s no way we will pay that, keep Gibbs.

(A year later ..........)

SOS - soooooo?

Adelaide 2017 - Ok, we are ready to bend over and assume the position with 2 first rounders because we are extremely desperate for Gibbs.

Love it hahahaha

I see the loving relationship between Crows & Blues in trade week continue's

Blues dont have the exact trade pick value that crows would want so they will find it , Really isnt that far away though

#16-#20 about his range and Blues have #24 don't think any body believes he is worth a top #10-#12 pick

Yeah on the same wave length maybe time for Carlton to explore avenues for Weitering and SPS, clear they wont be the elite talent but will still be good players...

Weitering will be an elite intercept mark in the game - his disposal is superior than Rance same age and his positioning is also superior.

Weitering and Marchbank will be intercepting the high ball next 10+ years

Maybe those 17 blokes like being tied naked to trees and abused .
Maybe its just an adelaide thing , each to their own i guess ...

Ohhh you're one of THOSE people :D

Believe everything you hear in the media do you?

Weitering will be an elite intercept mark in the game - his disposal is superior than Rance same age and his positioning is also superior.

Weitering and Marchbank will be intercepting the high ball next 10+ years
There would be 100 1st 2nd 3rd year players who are superior to Rance 'At The Same Age' but very very few actually get to that next level
I like Weitering and think he will be a very consistent player that should play 200+ games but dont see the 'Rance' in him at the moment

There would be 100 1st 2nd 3rd year players who are superior to Rance 'At The Same Age' but very very few actually get to that next level
I like Weitering and think he will be a very consistent player that should play 200+ games but dont see the 'Rance' in him at the moment

You should because he played on rance as a 19 year old and kicked four goals on him. Knew all of Rance's tricks.

You should because he played on rance as a 19 year old and kicked four goals on him. Knew all of Rance's tricks.
But you are talking about JW as a defender , So you think that 1 game defines Rance/Weitering matchups or ability ??

Jacob Townsend destroyed everybody that came his way the last 6-7 weeks in 2017 but doesnt mean he is the next or as good as Gunston

But you are talking about JW as a defender , So you think that 1 game defines Rance/Weitering matchups or ability ??

Jacob Townsend destroyed everybody that came his way the last 6-7 weeks in 2017 but doesnt mean he is the next or as good as Gunston

Weitering is one of the best young tall defenders in the game - down year and thats fine he is only 20. needs leadership around him at such a young age which Docherty will provide next year/

Im thinking you either take the two second rounders or a second round and a player and call it a day. You cant keep waving around a contract that wasnt signed with his manager present.

You cannot sign a Player contract without 3 important signatures.
The Club, The Player and a Player Represented in this case it was an Accredited Player Manager. All being Statutory Declarations ( important wording here)
After that, the contract is then sent to the AFL and the AFLPA for approval. which is why there is always a delay in signing and approvals.

You cannot sign a Player contract without 3 important signatures.
The Club, The Player and a Player Represented in this case it was an Accredited Player Manager. All being Statutory Declarations ( important wording here)
After that, the contract is then sent to the AFL and the AFLPA for approval. which is why there is always a delay in signing and approvals.
So yet again ....everyone running off with rumors ....and spreading as gossiple

Who care about accuracy :rolleyes:

Remove this Banner Ad

Traded Mitch McGovern [traded to Carlton in a three-way trade involving Sydney and McAdam]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back