Traded Mitch McGovern [traded to Carlton in a three-way trade involving Sydney and McAdam]

Remove this Banner Ad

Pick 13 = 1212 points
Pick 26 + 28 + 40 = 1835 points (almost pick 5)

Sydney walking away from this deal very nicely. Will be able to use those picks on Blakey and have something left over once you factor in the academy discount.

Will Carlton play Mcgovern forward or back like his brother?
Carlton seem pretty good up forward with Curnow and Mckay.
Their backline is slim and Mcgovern would allow Jones/Plowman to be the 3rd tall
our back line is our strongest line, he will be a forward player, and probably will push charlie up the ground giving him midfield minutes.

our back line is our strongest line, he will be a forward player, and probably will push charlie up the ground giving him midfield minutes.
I hate the idea of Curnow playing midfield if i was a blues fan.
He is a freak as a forward.
Do the swans play Buddy in the midfield? Do the Tigers play Jack in the guts?
No.
As an oppo supporter id love to see Curnow playing through the midfield as he wont be kicking goals.
I laugh when melbourne talk about Hogan playing in the mid as well.

I hate the idea of Curnow playing midfield if i was a blues fan.
He is a freak as a forward.
Do the swans play Buddy in the midfield? Do the Tigers play Jack in the guts?
No.
As an oppo supporter id love to see Curnow playing through the midfield as he wont be kicking goals.
I laugh when melbourne talk about Hogan playing in the mid as well.
mmm so do I, but then i see AA backman Yeo, becoming AA midfield Yeo, plus curnow has a massive take and a huge body, could give cripps some help.

The trade value of McGovern is really really far apart. Further than Ive seen a trade since Gibbs.

The Adelaide board is even tearing themselves apart. One fellow suggested McGov for late 1st rounder and McAdam and he got torn a new one.

McAdam and 2nd seems most likely.

I hope the rest of the Carlton supporters know a little more about footy than Juddernaut08 obviously does. That was clearly never going to get the deal done. Yes we paid overs but hes contracted so you have to. Hopefully the rest of the Carlton faithful become a little more realistic moving fwd.

So through all the bullshit and rhetoric from both sets of fans the outcome was something that should leave both sides pleased but not ecstatic with the outcome. It was a fun ride though!
Well done both parties for getting this done and done early.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Where is everyone that was demanding

"Pick 1 or he can stay next year for all i care *insert SOS pay overs pic"

Don't be shy guys.
If Adelaide fans were demanding pick 1 in this thead why don't you call them out by quoting it?

I could easily quote Carlton fans who thought he was only worth a second rounder, or those morons who thought the AFL integrity unit would step in and apply sanctions to the Crows over the preseason camp.

How do you figure Mcadam for #40

I see Mcadam for our future third which if its not above 50 we have failed next year, if its 40 we will have won the spoon

Well you can divide however you see fit, but the sum of the parts are the same.

If you prefer your way, it is:

Gov + 40 for 26, 28 and 2019 5th rounder

2019 3rd rounder for McAdam

26 +28 for 13

The adding of #40 makes the deal pretty meh for Reid. Sydney got the cream that Adelaide looked like getting last night.

Now i've heard it said that Adelaide won't use 40 anyway, but that is ludicrous as you could still swap it for a 2019 pick 40 for instance, so it still has its value.

Carlton have done ok. Adelaide have done ok. And Sydney have swooped in and got the cream.

I hope the rest of the Carlton supporters know a little more about footy than Juddernaut08 obviously does. That was clearly never going to get the deal done. Yes we paid overs but hes contracted so you have to. Hopefully the rest of the Carlton faithful become a little more realistic moving fwd.
the difference was an extra second mate. get your eyes checked.

Remove this Banner Ad

Traded Mitch McGovern [traded to Carlton in a three-way trade involving Sydney and McAdam]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back