Rumour Mitch Robinson denied entry to lions dressing room celebrations

Remove this Banner Ad

GEEitLONG

Senior List
Feb 27, 2018
AFL Club
Geelong
From an X post he deleted.. there was a larger post but couldnt get it as tweet had been deleted.

Mitch Robinson

@MitchRobinson05
·
10h

Imagine playing and bleeding for a club for 8 years, copping copious amounts of head knocks and staples in my face (long term effects) just to have my family turned away to come down to the rooms after the game to celebrate with my old teammates. Football is a fake family just
Show more

Entitled f-wit. Does every former player think that he and their family can get into the rooms?

Comes after he had a go at drug-testers showing up to test Rhys Mathieson recently.

He’s lucky he had football in his life.

“Me and my family”

Playing the family card while you’re out with your new girlfriend & her friends…

Plus he had a crack at Brisbane when he was phased out. Plus you can’t have EVERY ex player in the rooms - I know Robbo is a bonafide idiot but even he can work out that rooms hold only so many people.

We don’t even know if Brisbane refused entry or if a security guard who probably is a recent entrant to Australia and has NFI about some C grade ex AFL player just followed protocol and refused entry to someone who didn’t have the right pass/was intoxicated etc.

He deleted his tweet because he copped it and didn’t like not having an echo chamber saying “we would let you enter our rooms Robbo we love you” like he thought he would.

Absolute man child who is still 15 years old and his frontal lobe won’t develop further. Anyone who has met him who isn’t the same demographic says the same.

He carried on like a goose on his way out too. Not the classiest bloke nor the sharpest tool in the shed it would seem.
Absolute bogan tanty chucker. Did it last season when he wasn’t picked (or whenever it was) and just carries on at any inconvenience.

Karen Bogan Halfwit Robinson.

Trying to get more people to his podcast which is the ramblings of a guy with CTE.

Absolute effort on the field but what a complete and utter flog

Disgusting from the Lions, really feel for Robbo.
Very poor treatment as you'd expect from Chris Fagan who if I recall correctly has got some legal troubles right now wrt his treatment of individuals at Hawthorn.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

From an X post he deleted.. there was a larger post but couldnt get it as tweet had been deleted.

Mitch Robinson
@MitchRobinson05
·
10h

Imagine playing and bleeding for a club for 8 years, copping copious amounts of head knocks and staples in my face (long term effects) just to have my family turned away to come down to the rooms after the game to celebrate with my old teammates. Football is a fake family just
Show more

Here is the full tweet that was deleted.

1725761711575.png

“According to the football club, Robinson was issued an accreditation pass by a member of the footy department when it became known he had not been let through.

Robinson is understood to have turned down the offer when a group of friends he was with was denied entry.”

Looks like he tried to pull the "ex-Lions player" card in front of his new mates and got embarrassed. I think club did the right thing by still issuing him an access card but they are under no obligation to entertain his friends.

Robbo had to take out his frustrations on someone/something. Must've realized how weird it looks once the booze wore off. No wonder he deleted the tweet later.

Last edited:
Wow, the truth coming out makes Robbo look like an idiot.

It was Gabba security that refused him entry because he didn’t have a pass.

Then the club finds out and scrambles to get him an accreditation.

When Mitch finds out the club didn’t get accreditations for his drunk mates, he cracks the shits and drags us on social media instead.

Just childish, self-destructive bridge-burning behaviour.

Obviously sobered up this morning and deleted the tweet but only after letting the media go hog wild for 12 hours.

Has real Serena Williams energy, who got upset they didn’t let her AND HER KIDS into some high class restaurant during the Paris Olympics…as if it wouldn’t have been fully booked for months, because it was the OLYMPICS.

So that’s kinda cool Robbo; you’re in an exclusive group there. Basically as big a deal as one of the GOATS of tennis.

7NEWS.com.au understands that Robinson attended the game with his partner and a group of mates and, due to the late nature of his attempts to gain entry the club rooms, not all could be offered wristbands.

Even players have to give the club a number of days’ notice to organise allocation of limited wrist bands required to get into the rooms for loved ones.

“Me and my family”

Playing the family card while you’re out with your new girlfriend & her friends…

Plus he had a crack at Brisbane when he was phased out. Plus you can’t have EVERY ex player in the rooms - I know Robbo is a bonafide idiot but even he can work out that rooms hold only so many people.

We don’t even know if Brisbane refused entry or if a security guard who probably is a recent entrant to Australia and has NFI about some C grade ex AFL player just followed protocol and refused entry to someone who didn’t have the right pass/was intoxicated etc.

He deleted his tweet because he copped it and didn’t like not having an echo chamber saying “we would let you enter our rooms Robbo we love you” like he thought he would.

Absolute man child who is still 15 years old and his frontal lobe won’t develop further. Anyone who has met him who isn’t the same demographic says the same.

1) Out with partner & friends, not exactly the “family” (I.e kids) he was vaguely trying to garner sympathy with ✅

2) knocked back by security staff, not the Brisbane Lions itself ✅

3) a variation of didn’t have the right pass (didn’t have enough allocations), rather than some sort of anti-Robbo crusade ✅

This was as predictable as the day is long.

Idiot who is trying to get a career in a very unnecessary-to-society job has tickets on himself, and no concept of the “real world”.

I’ll move on now.

7NEWS.com.au understands that Robinson attended the game with his partner and a group of mates and, due to the late nature of his attempts to gain entry the club rooms, not all could be offered wristbands.

Presumably was having a bit each way and hoping to get into the visitors rooms if Carlton got up.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour Mitch Robinson denied entry to lions dressing room celebrations

Remove this Banner Ad

Back