Mitch Thorp has been delisted

Remove this Banner Ad

my guess would be that Hardwick won't go anywhere near him seeing he was an assistant and would know Thorp very well....just read the posts on the Hawthorn board and you'll get an idea why we delisted him with 1 year to run in his contract.
sometimes players need a fresh start and a new enviroment. if he doesnt take this has a kick up the arse and doesnt make most of his second chance then his afl career will end in a heartbeat

Re: Delisting Rumour ... Thorp

(a) He's no good. Somehow received some internet hype from 14 year old Hawk fans who have never seen him stink it up at Box Hill. He's our JON.

(b) If he does get another go, i'd be staggered if it is at Richmond. Hardwick would know enough to stay well away.

funny

two weeks ago he was blue chip KP prospect that was good enough to be a straight swap for S Burgoyne, now he is no good

lol at hawk fans

expect him at the tigers next year, very talented player who has been unlucky with injuries

my guess would be that Hardwick won't go anywhere near him seeing he was an assistant and would know Thorp very well....just read the posts on the Hawthorn board and you'll get an idea why we delisted him with 1 year to run in his contract.
had a look & cant find anything on the hawks board wtf has he done !!
as a previous poster has mentioned if hardwick rates/wants him he will convince him to go psd 2.

if he is fit & hardwick thinks he fits our needs i would love to grab both him & that simpson from the cats both very young & kpf with size which we lack.

but what the hell has he done to get axed with a year to run on his contract ???

Id be very interested but Hardwick would know best since he has been with him his entire career, he certainly has the ability, who knows why he hasn't been able to utilise it yet though.
Anybody know what he actually did, CBF to look through the entire thread on the hawks board.

get him richmond - shit!

get him into the PSD and get him with pick 2!

If we can't secure this bloke - even with pick 2, i will cry

definitely worth a shot:thumbsu:

Id be very interested but Hardwick would know best since he has been with him his entire career, he certainly has the ability, who knows why he hasn't been able to utilise it yet though.
Anybody know what he actually did, CBF to look through the entire thread on the hawks board.

Nobody knows for sure, but word is he did something at the Cox Plate that warranted his delisting with a year to run and plenty of other more deserving candidates in front him.

Ha ha watch all the Hawks fans turn from 'this kid is a gun' to he has issues off field...massive change of tune expected!

I reckon grab him for sure. If he goes PSD hopefully Melbourne won't be interested. Aren't those pricks getting enough this year! Leave some fuel for the tiggy train...

If you've ever ventured on to the Hawks board, you'd know that the majority had been asking a lot of questions about this guy since the start of last year. A few people had stood up for him but most were convinced that he'd either be traded this year or delisted next year. Surprising that we didn't give him one last go, but we won't miss him thanks to having Buddy, Roughy and Dowler

considering we have (apparently) delisted Pattison and Putt - who both have (apparently) been training with the Hawks - SURELY a trade for one of thos two blokes for Thorp could have been done without much fuss?

Now we have to hope he can get to us in the draft - surely we will attempt to get him:footy:

If you've ever ventured on to the Hawks board, you'd know that the majority had been asking a lot of questions about this guy since the start of last year. A few people had stood up for him but most were convinced that he'd either be traded this year or delisted next year. Surprising that we didn't give him one last go, but we won't miss him thanks to having Buddy, Roughy and Dowler
when it came to trading thorpe,most hawks supporters were talking about 1st round pick for him & some even went as far to say he is untouchable

i think hes worth more of a shot than a lot of the long shots we'll be taking very late in the draft. If Hardwick wants him I think without a doubt he'll be a tiger next season. Jac and thorpe gives us some structure and 2 key fwds with sme swagger, something our club lacks

(Log in to remove this ad.)

i think hes worth more of a shot than a lot of the long shots we'll be taking very late in the draft. If Hardwick wants him I think without a doubt he'll be a tiger next season. Jac and thorpe gives us some structure and 2 key fwds with sme swagger, something our club lacks

Unlike some other Hawks I did rate the kid. Yes we should have taken Joel Selwood at pick 6 but in a previous draft you should have.... I wont go there.

Is he worth the risk, there is no doubt he has talent. Attitude is where the problem was at Hawthorn. Being delisted could be the shock he needs.

Re: Thorp and McNamara

would you want to pick them up and if so what would you use (late dp or psd picks).
maybe you should of added a poll to this thread ??

personally i think we should give him a go, get hardwick to convince him to enter the psd.
melbourne wont touch him they have a reasonable young backline & watts plus another good foward this draft plus the indiginous kid whos name slips me atm.

would also like to see richmond take a chance with scott simpson from the cats with perhaps pick 67.

if we get thorpe & simpson both 20-21 yo good height/weight it would allow us to take 3 quality mids with picks 3,19,35 throw in joel houghton at 44 and max gawn at 51 or visa-versa.

Re: Thorp and McNamara

no AND no

unless its players with a bigger profile like ball or bradshaw, tigs should not waiste picks on delisted players such as these two!

get him richmond - shit!

get him into the PSD and get him with pick 2!

If we can't secure this bloke - even with pick 2, i will cry

definitely worth a shot:thumbsu:
Jumped off the Jesse Smith bandwagon already.

Unlike some other Hawks I did rate the kid. Yes we should have taken Joel Selwood at pick 6 but in a previous draft you should have.... I wont go there.

Is he worth the risk, there is no doubt he has talent. Attitude is where the problem was at Hawthorn. Being delisted could be the shock he needs.

No, you'd better not go there cause Tambling's still playing for us whereas you couldnt even fetch a trade for Thorp.

As for receiving "the shock he needs" how will this help his injury issues:

"HAWTHORN has shown key defender Mitch Thorp the door after the sixth pick in the 2006 draft, who has been plagued by injuries since his arrival at the club, had only managed two senior games."

So anyway Hardwick would know if he's worth the trouble better than any of us.

You blokes might be interested in this comment on the Dees forum (of all places).

"One of the rumours going around is that Thorp wanted to have Hardwick as a mentor again, since Hardwick was the one that took the most interest in him when he was assistant coach at the Hawks. "

Got to admit as a Hawks supporter Ive never heard this one, but it could be true. You wouldn't think he would try to pull something like this off without some sort of support from Dimma. Opting out of a years contract for the PSD is a fairly audacious move, but the kid never lacked confidence.

If you were to pick him up he wouldn't be the worst player on your list, he certainly wasn't the worst on ours.

Don't think he's had knee surgery??? Had a broken bone in his foot that was operated on in May/June, and was back training at the club. Apparently he's as fit as he has been after finally getting things fixed up. Anyway, I think he'd be worth a shot for you guys if Dimma thinks so. Kids got the talent no doubt, pick him in the PSD, give him 2 years on low wage if that fails dump him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Mitch Thorp has been delisted

Remove this Banner Ad

Back