Mitch Thorp has been delisted

Remove this Banner Ad

Thought id dust off an oldie from Bay 13... (with some editing ;))

77421010.png

I'm not discouraged by whispers of knee problems. Thats why we would do our due dilligence and have him fully checked out before drafting him.

If he is physically good to go, the worse that could happen would be that we'd just be replacing 1 useless first round KP (schulz) with a much younger one. Best case scenario he fullfills his potential...which is enormous...and we get an elite 3+ goal, 10 mark a game forward.

Say what you want about our recruting but we did get Jack Riewoldt right.

We took Riewoldt at pick 13.

Key Position players in the top 20 that year.

2. Scott Gumbelton (BOM)
3. Lachlan Hansen (KAN)
4. Mathew Luenberger (LIO)
6. Mitch Thorpe (Haw)
8. Ben Ried (COL)
9. Nathan Brown (COL)
11. Andrejs Everitt (BUL)
12. James Frawely (MEL)
14. James Sellar (ADE)
15. Daniel O'Keefe (SYD)
16. Mitch Brown (WCE)
17. Shurn Hampson (Carl)

Yes, Jack may be in an unsuccessful team, but he has shown as much as any of these other guys.

Gumbelton is the only one who has had serious injury trouble. Thorpe, Ried, Sellar, have shown next to nothing at AFL level. Both Browns will be players, while Frawely, Hansen and Everitt are seem on the outer at their clubs.

Frawley is nice and isn't on the outer.

Gumbleton would be great if he can play for a while.

Leuenberger has been useless - built like a stick and has gone backwards since draft day.

Riewoldt has been OK, but needs to build his entire game year on year to reach the levels that Gumby and a couple of others could yet achieve

Leuenberger has been useless - built like a stick and has gone backwards since draft day.

Riewoldt has been OK, but needs to build his entire game year on year to reach the levels that Gumby and a couple of others could yet achieve
Fair go mate... Leunberger has had multiple injuries and when he hasnt been injured hes been the sole ruckman because charman was injured. He is still 10-15kgs short of ideal weight...hes got talent.

Reid, Gumby, Thorpe, Sellar, O'Keefe (although not a KP forward!) and Hampson (don't believe the hype) are the ones that have done nothing. I would easily take Thorpe from that group just based on limited box hill form and promise. Gumby is talented but he may never string more than a few games in a row, such is the fragility of his body.

Fair go mate... Leunberger has had multiple injuries and when he hasnt been injured hes been the sole ruckman because charman was injured. He is still 10-15kgs short of ideal weight...hes got talent.

Reid, Gumby, Thorpe, Sellar, O'Keefe (although not a KP forward!) and Hampson (don't believe the hype) are the ones that have done nothing. I would easily take Thorpe from that group just based on limited box hill form and promise. Gumby is talented but he may never string more than a few games in a row, such is the fragility of his body.

I'll cop that - prob not right to put Leuenberger in the KP category anyway.

Thorp also has talent, or once did... but unless and until these guys put it on the park it's not difficult to regard their careers thus far as somewhat underwhelming

Don't know much about him so happy to leave it to Hardwick, Cameron and the medicos to call. If the scuttlebutt is correct we would have done a straight swap of Patto for him in trade week and it may still indirectly turn out that way. I just hope Melbourne can lure Ball into the PSD so we get the first live pick to get whoever we want.

So essentially you're telling us that Riewoldt would need to improve to reach the levels that Gumby could reach if he improves a lot?

:confused:

****en hell UG, thats the most meaningless statement Ive heard for some time, Gumby has done nothing to suggest he's up for kicking 7g in a senior game of afl footy...until he does he's a bloody mile off Jack..playing 2 games in a row will be a start for him

are you taking the piss? Lue has shown plenty - if he could avoid injury he would be in the top 10 ruckman in the game very quickly

Are you getting him mixed up with someone else??:confused:

****en hell UG, thats the most meaningless statement Ive heard for some time, Gumby has done nothing to suggest he's up for kicking 7g in a senior game of afl footy...until he does he's a bloody mile off Jack..playing 2 games in a row will be a start for him
Agree Bo.
Jack has shown that he is capable of improvement each year. Is playing as the No 1 key forward as a 19 year old when he should be learning the carft as the 3rd forward. Jack is the least of our worries. He is actually one of our genuine successes no matter what the ferals on here say.
Gumbleton? Hs done nothing. And I mean nothing. Not the kid's fault that he is injured, but right at this point in time, give me JR over Gumbleton every day of the week.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I just read an interestin article on Thorp in the herald sun.

It says his cockiness got his team mates off side and also said in the VFL when Harley was coming back from injury he walked up to Thorp and Thorp said to him, " I am going to end your career today.' LOL I love that kind of thing, I also play with that kind of arrogance and reckon we need a bit of that at Tigerland.

In saying that, you better back it up with actions, so unless Hardwick thinks he can I can only assume we will not touch him.

But god knows we lack attitude and arrogance at Tigerland!

It says his cockiness got his team mates off side and also said in the VFL when Harley was coming back from injury he walked up to Thorp and Thorp said to him, " I am going to end your career today.' LOL I love that kind of thing, I also play with that kind of arrogance and reckon we need a bit of that at Tigerland.

In saying that, you better back it up with actions, so unless Hardwick thinks he can I can only assume we will not touch him.

By years end Harley got another premiership medal as captain and Thorp got delisted .:confused::D:D

slow news day
why would thorp ever say that
and if he did how would anyone know about it unless someone saw harley rolling on the field laughing
never happened

did kick 7 on him that day though... maybe he was right ahhaha

Thorp should be top of our list - We simply MUST get him on our list - we need a young KPF
kid would be guaranteed senior game time and hardwick has got the connections to make it happen

PSD pick 2 - go get him tiger:thumbsu:

why didn;t we just trade Patto for thorp though? Hawks are apparently keen on him

Thorp should be top of our list - We simply MUST get him on our list - we need a young KPF
kid would be guaranteed senior game time and hardwick has got the connections to make it happen

PSD pick 2 - go get him tiger:thumbsu:

why didn;t we just trade Patto for thorp though? Hawks are apparently keen on him

heard that the deal of patto for thorp was discussed during trade week. we wanted a straight up trade but hawks wanted an upgrade of draft picks which apparently involved our pick 19. hence we said F off

heard that the deal of patto for thorp was discussed during trade week. we wanted a straight up trade but hawks wanted an upgrade of draft picks which apparently involved our pick 19. hence we said F off

if that is true then i am very glad we told them to F off - Who the F do they think they are wanting a upgrade of picks for a bloke they were delisting?

slow news day
why would thorp ever say that
and if he did how would anyone know about it unless someone saw harley rolling on the field laughing
never happened

did kick 7 on him that day though... maybe he was right ahhaha

I guess any number of players could ha heard it, who knows??

To kick 7 on Harley is nothing to be scoffed at though, obviously has some talent and I reckon harley must have been a bit nervous after his 5th hahaha

Besides Kyuss, when do we ever let the truth get in the way of a good story on BF LOL

I guess any number of players could ha heard it, who knows??

To kick 7 on Harley is nothing to be scoffed at though, obviously has some talent and I reckon harley must have been a bit nervous after his 5th hahaha

Besides Kyuss, when do we ever let the truth get in the way of a good story on BF LOL
4 of those goals were on Gillies, not Harley.

Remove this Banner Ad

Mitch Thorp has been delisted

Remove this Banner Ad

Back