May 28, 2007
Richmond
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
49ers, Mavericks, Canucks,Cubs
Delisting Rumour ... Thorp

Few whispers going around that Mitch Thorpe has been delisted
nothing to do with onfield ability either...
watch this space

we would definately have a look plenty of talent and the right age

*Hawks board all over it

* MINUS THE E

Re: Delisting Rumour ... Thorpe

whats so good about him? i dont know much about him but it seems alot of people on this board think hes good..

if hes really good why dont the hawks keep him?

whats so good about him? i dont know much about him but it seems alot of people on this board think hes good..

if hes really good why dont the hawks keep him?

Injuries and Displcine been his biggest concern
ton of ability
and i guess the fact roughead and franklin are ahead doesnt help

hes only played 2 games in like 2 years... 1 game this year for 4 touches and no goals...

do people hype him up coz he was taken pick 6 in the 2006 draft?

I was keen on him a few years ago, but that doesn't mean much because there were plenty of people who were keen on JON.

If, as is being suggested on the Hawks board, it's discipline related, then it would carry quite a risk to consider him. I'm sure all the clubs will know just what happened, and if he is worth the risk or not.

I was keen on him a few years ago, but that doesn't mean much because there were plenty of people who were keen on JON.

If, as is being suggested on the Hawks board, it's discipline related, then it would carry quite a risk to consider him. I'm sure all the clubs will know just what happened, and if he is worth the risk or not.

I guess with Hardwick as coach now, he would be the best person to say yay or nay then.

Re: Delisting Rumour ... Thorp

with the amount of selections we have in the draft - would take him in a heart beat.

why the **** didn't we try and trade for him though - would have been a better option that having to go to the draft for him.

would be exactly what i would want - a guy who has the talent to play either Key forward positions

Injuries and Displcine been his biggest concern
ton of ability
and i guess the fact roughead and franklin are ahead doesnt help

and dowler might of passed him as well

Tom hislop was recruited to richmond with "Discipline issues" and i haven't heard anything bad about him
maybe thorpe just needs a fresh start and a bit of a wake up call
seemed to have worked with hislop

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How do we know he'll go well at footy...I mean he's tall and everything...and he is big in Japan (well who isn't)..might get us some o/s memberships from that part of the world...but anyone with their own line of "men's jewellery" has to be a shirtlifter...

Says he had a year left on his contract on the hawks website but he wanted to leave and the club was ok with it. Must be confident he will find a new home to pass up a 1 year contract and enter the uncertainty of the draft. Maybe we have already spoken to him. Also a bit strange that if he is any good Pelchen would let him go.

just saw it in the hearld sun that he has been offically delisted by hawthorn. do you guys think hardwick would be interested in him. i personally would have a good look at him

(a) He's no good. Somehow received some internet hype from 14 year old Hawk fans who have never seen him stink it up at Box Hill. He's our JON.

(b) If he does get another go, i'd be staggered if it is at Richmond. Hardwick would know enough to stay well away.

my guess would be that Hardwick won't go anywhere near him seeing he was an assistant and would know Thorp very well....just read the posts on the Hawthorn board and you'll get an idea why we delisted him with 1 year to run in his contract.

(a) He's no good. Somehow received some internet hype from 14 year old Hawk fans who have never seen him stink it up at Box Hill. He's our JON.

(b) If he does get another go, i'd be staggered if it is at Richmond. Hardwick would know enough to stay well away.
And yet during trade week, he was like the messiah to Hawks fans.

Remove this Banner Ad

Mitch Thorp has been delisted

Remove this Banner Ad

Back