MLB Season 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

That would be sick, Covering different sports in different countries
Hope they do one on the Manchester City title win a few years ago too , that match alone was incredible , let alone the circumstances.

As i mentioned earlier in this fred , i live to see moments like this.

c446c9f42419f57f796b068fbfc0ea42bbf86816cf57b021956dd4c585c6e367.jpg

Congrats cubbies fans - from a Bulldogs and Phillies fan. Always had a soft spot for Chicago and the Cubs, very deserving and how good is it of a story that the two red,white and blue teams end their drought within 5 weeks of each other. :)

I'm going to get my World Series Champions cap tomorrow to wear on alternate days with my Western Bulldogs Premiers cap. :D

Blues-Brothers-l.jpg

Great seeing two of my favourite actors in the stands - John Cusack ( GROSSE POINT BLANK)

FTFY

" Look i don't wanna get in a semantic argument about it , i just want the protein.... "

Great article about the win in the local paper the Chicago Tribune. but this bit caught my eye - I have posted the tweet of Theo Epstein above but his words and why he took the job are compelling.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseball/cubs/
...When the Red Sox ended their 86-year championship drought, Cubs President Theo Epstein was moved by all the cemetery scenes, the touching tributes to those who taught us to love a baseball team through thick and thin — or in the Cubs' case, through thin and thinner.

Epstein, then the Red Sox's general manager, said fans have thanked him almost every day since 2004 for "what it meant to their family" and those who didn't live long enough to see it happen. "That really resonated," he said last year. "More than anything else, that feeling influenced my decision to come to Chicago, because that was the one place in the world where you could experience something that meaningful again and play a small part in contributing to something that meaningful." Epstein arrived in Chicago in the fall of 2011 with the gargantuan task of rebuilding an organization that had tried everything imaginable. It took him five seasons, three managers and dozens of moves to get the job done, but he did it. The Cubs did it.

The funny thing about waiting 107 years for a championship was that when it finally happened, you didn't want the season to end. It was that much fun, from Kyle Schwarber's smashing of a windshield outside the outfield wall with a spring training home run to Wednesday night......
http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseball/cubs/

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Congratulations to the Cleveland Indian supporters on here. What a series. I thought I'd have to call my cardiologist during the game.

I'd invite you over to visit, but I'll be returning to live in Melbourne permanently in the next month or so. That's why the Cubs had to win it this year.

Well done to the Cubbies supporters on here today to, thought I would have to take a break from the board but you have been more than humble in Victory.

HORY SHET

Look at the date on this tweet..........

GIO ‏@RaysFanGio

2016 World Series. Cubs vs Indians And then the world will end with the score tied in game seven in extra innings #apocalypse

9:23 AM - 4 Nov 2014

index.jpg

What a game!! One for the ages. Feel for the Indians what a tremendous effort after losing their #2 & #3 starters plus no Brantley, great effort.
Congrats to the Cubs, great year.

That game had so much. Some head scratchers from Maddon, taking Hendricks off early, that failed squeeze bunt in the 9th with Baez...one out, two strikes, WTF!! Davis redeeming himself after two mistakes in the outfield in the 4th cost them two runs. With those two starters out Francona had to try something but Kluber and Miller looked cooked...and so did Chapman. Anyway...epic!

MLB has been my second sport behind AFL, but I have never had a loss cut as deep as today's.

Just feel so flat, the emotions of the game.

I am happy for Cubs fans, they don't have to feel as gutted as we have felt today.

I think what makes it hard is there is no one really to blame, 2 teams played their hearts out and we got the short straw.

The saddest thing is this World Series was an epic, one that should be watched again, but I will never look at a pitch from it, ever, just too hard to look at.

The mountain never looks as big as it does tonight. Not only the loss, but being handed the mantle of biggest championship drought in baseball, the sporting gods have never been so cruel, put the Cubs against the royals, least they have 12 months ago to ease the loss.

Sport is nothing but a hobby to all of us who follow it, but it has a way of drawing us all in, I guess that what makes it great.

For those who might not have had the chance to see this yet, do yourselves a favour.
Budweiser put it together using audio grabs of the late Harry Caray, and it is absolutely fantastic, a really nice tribute to him:

Remove this Banner Ad

MLB Season 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

Back