MLB Season 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

Phillies are luckiest sob's. Baseball is a sport where form matters so much, I guess that's why only 8 teams made play-offs in years gone by as Phillies have basically made regular season performances useless. If play-offs format stays like this then no point in winning much (just enough to qualify), just have to have your team on form in October which is pure luck. Best team wont win 80% of time. Luckier team will win

Phillies are luckiest sob's. Baseball is a sport where form matters so much, I guess that's why only 8 teams made play-offs in years gone by as Phillies have basically made regular season performances useless. If play-offs format stays like this then no point in winning much (just enough to qualify), just have to have your team on form in October which is pure luck. Best team wont win 80% of time. Luckier team will win
It's all about hitting form at the right end of the season.
But gee,it sorta makes the super long regulation season seem redundant.
Astros,the only team who carried that form into the playoffs.

'Best team won't win 80% of the time' is the wildest I've pulled this stat straight from my arse that you couldn't come up with even if you were munching on a kebab at 5am after a 12-hour bender.

'Best team won't win 80% of the time' is the wildest I've pulled this stat straight from my arse that you couldn't come up with even if you were munching on a kebab at 5am after a 12-hour bender.
zo2dt.jpg

Great that the World Series doesn't start to the weekend, but seems weird that there are so many days off. I assume it's because they were thinking one or both of the Championship Series would go seven games.

Been listening to an Oakland Athletics podcast this afternoon. The podcast featured Randy Miller, who covers the Yankees for NJ Advance Media. Miller is convinced that Judge will join the Giants. Reckons that Judge would not have appreciated him and his teammates being booed by Yankees fans during the post-season, and Judge grew up in the San Francisco area, his wife is from the San Francisco area, and his parents still live in the area.

He mentioned that the Yankees might try to trade for Shohei, but apparently Shohei's preference is to go to the Red Sox.

Been listening to an Oakland Athletics podcast this afternoon. The podcast featured Randy Miller, who covers the Yankees for NJ Advance Media. Miller is convinced that Judge will join the Giants. Reckons that Judge would not have appreciated him and his teammates being booed by Yankees fans during the post-season, and Judge grew up in the San Francisco area, his wife is from the San Francisco area, and his parents still live in the area.

He mentioned that the Yankees might try to trade for Shohei, but apparently Shohei's preference is to go to the Red Sox.
He was also a Giants fan in high school, and the Giants have gone after big names before (Harper, Stanton).
I'd like to see him in a Giants uniform, smashing balls into McCovey Cove, but I think Yankees would still be favourites to re-sign him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He was also a Giants fan in high school, and the Giants have gone after big names before (Harper, Stanton).
I'd like to see him in a Giants uniform, smashing balls into McCovey Cove, but I think Yankees would still be favourites to re-sign him.

A lot of talk now that the Dodgers are interested in signing Judge. Possibly a sign that they're resigned to Trea Turner leaving, so they want a big name to replace Turner.

Backing up the comments on the podcast about the toxicity of Yankees fans towards their own team creating problems with respect to the player base staying with the Yankees:

A lot of talk now that the Dodgers are interested in signing Judge. Possibly a sign that they're resigned to Trea Turner leaving, so they want a big name to replace Turner.

Backing up the comments on the podcast about the toxicity of Yankees fans towards their own team creating problems with respect to the player base staying with the Yankees:

im always amazed how quick both NY teams boo their own players - doesnt take much of a cold streak for them to turn.

Dont get me wrong, most or all club supporters do it at some point but NY teams do it in an instant.

Judge coming to the Dodgers? ♥️
I knew he was a Giants fan.
I've seen footage where a Yankees fan throws a prawn onto the outfield near Judge and tease him all night to pick the prawn up.

Im more interested how amny years and how much money (and at what point he has the option to leave the contract and try the market again)

Its going to be a massive contract

Remove this Banner Ad

MLB Season 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

Back