Mega Thread MLB season 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Divisoon series should be best of 7, if the highest ranked league team goes through directly from regular season. 4 wins is suffice. Get 2 at home then 2 on the road and 1 at home then 1 and 1. Only fair.
Suddenly a team can win one on the road then at home and it’s 2-1 already.
They did a study somewhere where they found that to find the best team in baseball to the same same degree as the NBA you would need a best-of-75 series or something. I think they proposed a best-of-9 WS but decided against it because people would get tired of the same two teams.

The longer postseason means the northern teams are running the gauntlet weather-wise. The bigger problem is as I ranted about, rewarding mediocrity with too many teams being there.

The dream would be once they expand to 32 teams: 4 divisions of 8 clubs, 12 teams in October (div winners + next 4 best records) and the division winners all get a bye in the first round.

I imagine they'd just copy the NFL with 8 divisions of 4 though, which would be shithouse because unlike the NFL every MLB team plays every other team now, which horribly dilutes divisions and rivalries.

Last edited:
They did a study somewhere where they found that to find the best team in baseball to the same same degree as the NBA you would need a best-of-75 series or something. I think they proposed a best-of-9 WS but decided against it because people would get tired of the same two teams.

The longer postseason means the northern teams are running the gauntlet weather-wise. The bigger problem is as I ranted about, rewarding mediocrity with too many teams being there.

The dream would be once they expand to 32 teams: 4 divisions of 8 clubs, 12 teams in October (div winners + next 4 best records) and the division winners all get a bye in the first round.

I imagine they'd just copy the NFL with 8 divisions of 4 though, which would be shithouse because unlike the NFL every MLB team plays every other team now, which horribly dilutes divisions and rivalries.
Was thinking adding another division per league and just get rid of wildcard altogether.

It’s insane how it’s 3 and 3 with wildcard.
Old school was DS then CS.

I can’t see expansion helping. Dodgers and Astros have not being able to solidify their dominance. Nuts.

Remove this Banner Ad

Mega Thread MLB season 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back