Mega Thread MLB season 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Divisoon series should be best of 7, if the highest ranked league team goes through directly from regular season. 4 wins is suffice. Get 2 at home then 2 on the road and 1 at home then 1 and 1. Only fair.
Suddenly a team can win one on the road then at home and it’s 2-1 already.
They did a study somewhere where they found that to find the best team in baseball to the same same degree as the NBA you would need a best-of-75 series or something. I think they proposed a best-of-9 WS but decided against it because people would get tired of the same two teams.

The longer postseason means the northern teams are running the gauntlet weather-wise. The bigger problem is as I ranted about, rewarding mediocrity with too many teams being there.

The dream would be once they expand to 32 teams: 4 divisions of 8 clubs, 12 teams in October (div winners + next 4 best records) and the division winners all get a bye in the first round.

I imagine they'd just copy the NFL with 8 divisions of 4 though, which would be shithouse because unlike the NFL every MLB team plays every other team now, which horribly dilutes divisions and rivalries.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Mega Thread MLB season 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back