Mega Thread MLB season 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Another interesting storyline , the Yankees missed out on Yamamoto because they set their max contract offer to him at $300 million and weren't willing to match $325 that the Mets and dodgers were offering him.

First series in years I won't bother watching.

Can't stand the Yankees and absolutely hate everything about the Dodgers.

As much as the Mets, Dodgers and Yankees owners spend more money than everyone else, I say good for them. Spending money is not a bad thing, otherwise what are these owners doing even owning a sports club? Most owners own a MLB club as a money maker for themselves. What is the point.

First series in years I won't bother watching.

Can't stand the Yankees and absolutely hate everything about the Dodgers.

Feel dirty for wanting the Dodgers to win this series.

As much as the Mets, Dodgers and Yankees owners spend more money than everyone else, I say good for them. Spending money is not a bad thing, otherwise what are these owners doing even owning a sports club? Most owners own a MLB club as a money maker for themselves. What is the point.
I think there needs to be a happy medium. Obviously penny-pinching owners like John Fisher are a stain on the game. But there are plenty of owners who are prepared to spend when their team has a window opportunity. But even then they struggle to compete in free agency bidding with the three big spenders.
I just don't want to see MLB become like the English Premier League that is dominated by the same rich clubs all the time.

Horrible world series line up for Red Sox fans.

It's like a Collingwood v Essendon matchup in the grand final again.
I reluctantly have to root for the Dodgers (aside from my unwavering deep hate for the Wankees, one of my very best and dearest online friends is from California and she and her hubby are massive Dodgers fans)

Also from a purely petty bay perspective, I don't want zackah to enjoy any kind of team sports success, although to be fair, he didn't divvy my passionate Boston Celtics thread thread on B13 and I am certain he has really cut me a lot of slack there. Hopefully this goes to 7 games and into extra innings (although hopefully not clinched with a walk off)

I reluctantly have to root for the Dodgers (aside from my unwavering deep hate for the Wankees, one of my very best and dearest online friends is from California and she and her hubby are massive Dodgers fans)

Also from a purely petty bay perspective, I don't want zackah to enjoy any kind of team sports success, although to be fair, he didn't divvy my passionate Boston Celtics thread thread on B13 and I am certain he has really cut me a lot of slack there. Hopefully this goes to 7 games and into extra innings (although hopefully not clinched with a walk off)
Just setting precedence to #Goo all over the bay when the mighty Yankees are crowned world champions friend :)

Just setting precedence to #Goo all over the bay when the mighty Yankees are crowned world champions friend :)

okay.gif

You and Din Dins were very gracious letting me celebrate and shower Celtics goo in the bay after we won our long awaited 18th championship after several previous painful years and close misses

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Even if you cant bring yourself to support either team, there are plenty of individual storylines and matchups to get behind.
Have the battle of the two home run titans in judge vs Ohtani, followed by equally explosive matchups in soto vs betts and stanton vs teoscar.

I would also imagine it would intriguing for neutral supporters to see a manager relying on bullpen games to potentially win 2 of the 7 games.

Even if you cant bring yourself to support either team, there are plenty of individual storylines and matchups to get behind.
Have the battle of the two home run titans in judge vs Ohtani, followed by equally explosive matchups in soto vs betts and stanton vs teoscar.

Me and Bill Simmons are still bitter about Mookie Betts ugh ...

Anyhow hope he wins another ring with the Dodgers over the ancient enemy Yankees.

Let's hope it's a great series regardless .

I am going to be very curious to see how the home plate umpires officiate the strike zones. Especially when you have 2 teams that have incredible command over it and the discipline to not chase resulting in drawing walks at a high clip.

Remove this Banner Ad

Mega Thread MLB season 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back